Quantcast
Blue Jays Discussion Thread - Page 41 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: Blue Jays Discussion Thread

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

anyone watching the HR derby right now? rios is crushing the ball!!

My Ride
    w163

Originally posted by habsfan
    anyone watching the HR derby right now? rios is crushing the ball!!
    Wicked...too bad about the weak final round for Rios.

My Ride

quite the streak for the Jays

No chance at catching Boston for the AL East and a very small chance at the AL Wild Card, but our rotation is finally pitching like expected and our offence is just mashing right now.

My Ride
    w163

I always forget about this thread until you post in it.

Yes, things are looking good right now. Especially Marcum and McGowan in the rotation, looks promising.

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

Great win by the Jays last night. They really needed to put in a good effort last night and they did just that. 2 straight losses at home to the Yanks, some bad blood boiling over, their Ace on the mound, I think the Jays put together a very quality win that hopefully will carry over into the KC series. We need to start sweeping these bottom feeders if we are to crawl into the WC race. What shocks me is that we are hovering around .500 yet we are only 7 or so games back...

Oh and WTF is wrong with Glaus????????
    Originally posted by t_soarer
    ....can anyone say "retarted"?
    Originally posted by leftwing
    no more retarted 18 year old girls who fail out.
    Originally posted by benyl
    The english language is retarted...
    Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Stanced cars look retarted anyways.

My Ride
    w163

Originally posted by viff3r

Oh and WTF is wrong with Glaus????????
    His legs, knees, feet are equivalent to that of a 60 year old.

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

Well maybe, but he was swinging under/over quite a few pitches last night. Or fouling them off, even though they were nice fat ones. He just seems to have lost all his confidence for some reason?? An injured foot wouldn't affect his timing.

My Ride
    w163

But it could be in his head if he cant handle the pain.

My Ride

Well maybe, but he was swinging under/over quite a few pitches last night. Or fouling them off, even though they were nice fat ones. He just seems to have lost all his confidence for some reason?? An injured foot wouldn't affect his timing.
    You've obviously never actually played baseball. Your feet and legs have just as much to do with contact/timing/making power as your arms. If you have a painful foot, its hard to turn off it, shift weight on it depending on the pitch speed etc.

Also when their is pain in your feet/legs, from my experience, players tend to try to "overhit" the ball so they wont have to run hard down the first base line in a close call.

Glaus is a gamer and a world series MVP. He's built like a football player, yet playing the hot corner. He's going to battle injuries and be sore/sit out from time to time and you just accept it, along with his 30 HR and 100 RBI he puts out almost yearly.

My Ride

On another note did anyone see the benches rush in the earlier Jays/Yankees game?

Matt Stairs was ready to knock A-Rod the fuck out and had to be restrained by a few players. Man that is something I would pay to see.

My Ride
    w163

Originally posted by 5hift
    On another note did anyone see the benches rush in the earlier Jays/Yankees game?

Matt Stairs was ready to knock A-Rod the fuck out and had to be restrained by a few players. Man that is something I would pay to see.
    Yeah too bad the Yankees made the Jays look like fools. Haha, you can count on less than one hand how many Blue Jays actually have some fire.

A-Rod got the last laugh.

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

Originally posted by 5hift

You've obviously never actually played baseball. Your feet and legs have just as much to do with contact/timing/making power as your arms. If you have a painful foot, its hard to turn off it, shift weight on it depending on the pitch speed etc.

Also when their is pain in your feet/legs, from my experience, players tend to try to "overhit" the ball so they wont have to run hard down the first base line in a close call.

Glaus is a gamer and a world series MVP. He's built like a football player, yet playing the hot corner. He's going to battle injuries and be sore/sit out from time to time and you just accept it, along with his 30 HR and 100 RBI he puts out almost yearly.
    Well not like it matters but yes I have played/do play baseball, and ya I guess I didn't really think it through when I posted (maybe that's why I was never all that good? haha). He looks like he's swinging for the fences all the time, so perhaps you're on to something there.

He likely won't hit 30HR/100RBI this year though...partly due to injury I guess (I hope it's due to injury)

My Ride
    w163

Well not like it matters but yes I have played/do play baseball, and ya I guess I didn't really think it through when I posted (maybe that's why I was never all that good? haha). He looks like he's swinging for the fences all the time, so perhaps you're on to something there.

He likely won't hit 30HR/100RBI this year though...partly due to injury I guess (I hope it's due to injury)
    Haha hopefull he knocks out 25 by the break next year so we can deal him (contract year)

My Ride

^^
    Yeah it looks like that to me. Glaus has always had the talent but this entire year he has been battling chronic knee problems. He should be playing DH, but we already have too many old/slow guys that cant field.

Even with all the injuries and time missed, he's on pace this season for 21 HR and 70 RBI.

My Ride

well I guess we now know where Glaus got that power from.

"Former World Series MVP and current Blue Jays third baseman Troy Glaus received multiple shipments of performance-enhancing steroids, according to information obtained by SI. "

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...obe/index.html

See yah Glaus, it was nice having you for the short time we did.

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

Wow way to finish strong guys.

My Ride

Well spring training is getting closer and here's the Jay's first big offseason move.

Blue Jays acquired third baseman Scott Rolen from the Cardinals for third baseman Troy Glaus.

Good move IMO

I know Rolen is coming off shoulder surgery, but Glaus is always injured and misses significant time.

We give up offense, but Rolen is a huge upgrade on D. Jays now have the best defensive infield in the AL, hopefully it will show in an improvement in pitching stats.

All we need is a real catcher and I think the Jays have a really solid team.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

scott rolen really let down my fantasy team last year (thank god i got my hands on ryan braun)...here's to hoping he helps my real team

My Ride
    w163

Seems just like a fresh start, hope this guy works out better than who we had kind of thing.

Hah, there must be more the Blue Jays know about Glaus injury and likely the same for Rolen and St Louis, so guess well have to wait and see which team it works out better for.

Im indifferent, sideways move IMO..., that being said cant wait to see the 08 version of the infield in action, hopefully they get rid of that dirtbag/alcoholic/juicer Gregg Zaun.

My Ride

^^

Your probably right about the Jays knowing something about Glaus that the Cards and everyone else will find out soon enough.

He has serious foot problems, the kind surgery/rehab cannot heal. He also is mixed up in the current ongoing roids investigation. Rolen gives up some power, but is much more consistent, and probably the hardest working/practicing/training 3B there is. The only 3B with more gold gloves than Rolen are both in the hall of fame.

As long as Rolen can get his shoulder strength back, we should see his effect in lower ERAs for the pitching staff.

Speaking of wanting to see the new 08 infield, am I the only one who thinks signing David Ecstien (sp) to replace/share SS with John MacDonald is a huge mistake? He should have retired long ago, what a waste of money. Slightly better o, but a huge defensive liability these days.

You couldnt be more right about Zaun. He is a good guy, good clubhouse presense, but he fucking sucks. He cant call a game to save his life, he has problems calming down the young arms in tight situations, and he couldnt throw out a base stealer to save his life. I'm so tired of seeing the Jays lose series because everyone runs on us. If Giradi is serious about winning, we need a #1 catcher.

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 LastLast