Quantcast
Canada the 3rd country in the world to legalize gay marriage - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada the 3rd country in the world to legalize gay marriage

Default Canada the 3rd country in the world to legalize gay marriage

http://www.canada.com/national/story...e-f35ccd7b6a6f

Personally I don't really care about this at all... it doesn't affect me, if it means it'll make gay people happy, that can't hurt either.

What I am going to enjoy, though, is watching all the hicks and holy rollers shit bricks as they have to learn to live with it
    Last edited by Super_Geo; 06-28-2005 at 07:52 PM.

I personally don't care. A gay guy told me that it'll help with Canadian Tourism because couples with come here to get married.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Bah whatever let them have thier way. But If I see a guy wearing a Wedding Dress Humanity is dead. Weddings are a huge bond between a Man and a women. But whatever.

Comments?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2008 Toyota Tacoma

This is so serious..I cant believe it happened. I oppose gay marriage to the highest degree. But I guess everyone has a choice of their own. Im just concerned as to what the world has been going into. I cant even imagine what is next.

My Ride
    MTA

Our country is going to crap. Martin blows are surplus by giving into the NDP, now he forces his cabinet to vote for this dumb gay marriage legislation. You all may say this doesn't affect you, but in the end, say in 10 years it sure will. Canada basically opened it's borders tonight to gays and lesbians to move on in. The goverment basically said, "come to Canada where you can be openly gay and be proud to flaunt it". The gay population will go up, and we are sending the wrong message to everyone saying something that is not moral and ethical is alright. Stupid government.

Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
    I personally don't care. A gay guy told me that it'll help with Canadian Tourism because couples with come here to get married.
    I don't see how it will help with tourism, its like they will be legally married when they go back home.

My Ride
    impreza

I do not agree with allowing gay marriage. Allow gays and lesbians common law status so they can get spouses health benefits or whatever, but I don't think they should be getting married. Just my 2 cents.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

i dont give a shit... queers and fags can do whatever the hell they want as long as they leave me alone.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

sad day for Canada

My Ride
    Sentra

Originally posted by mac_82
    I do not agree with allowing gay marriage. Allow gays and lesbians common law status so they can get spouses health benefits or whatever, but I don't think they should be getting married. Just my 2 cents.
    ya thats kinda how i feel, I know some gay people and it doesnt really bother me. but the actuall marriage union i do not think should be allowed.

My Ride
    MTA

They'll come here to get married but their license won't mean anything when they goto their native land. It won't be recognized, meaning they'll move here. Stupid Toronto Gay Pride Parade, blocked up all the roads downtown this past weekend, couldn't get anywhere.

And to all you who say it doesn't concern you... it will and it does. Be naive now, see what happens in a few years and tell me it won't affect you.

My Ride
    '92 gti

What a waste of money! The government should focus on more important issues. Plus why do they even care to get married?

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

marriage is for chumps anyhoo

Why don't they put effort like this (forcing legislation upon the country) into fixing a REAL problem??

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

personally I am fuckin choked that we disgrace an ancient tradition like this and cheapen it for the gratification of a very small minority of the population nobody likes anyway and is going to die out because gays do not produce children.
    I would have given them "unions" that have absolutely no parallels with traditional marriage (more paperwork and they are married in something like a courtroom by a judge who is sitting down and not reading from the Bible or anything) and then giving them the same rights as married couples.

Originally posted by K271
    The goverment basically said, "come to Canada where you can be openly gay and be proud to flaunt it".
    what's wrong with that? at least (in some parts) of canada, they can be themselves and proud of it. for some reason the west (except lower mainland b.c.) are so homophobic and hateful when it comes to this subject. what are we in the 40's???? VERY sad.

it doesn't affect me and could really care less what two consenting adults do (frankly, don't want to know). i still question the whole marriage thing somewhat, but there are way more pressing issues facing this country than what goes on between two grown people.

BTW, i really think this whole issue is a liberal stab to the west. nothing more than a politcal move, but one we have to live with nonetheless.

My Ride
    MTA

Everything is wrong with that. Canada doesn't have it's own national ideal that the world can identify with. America is identified as patriots and arrogants, Japan as the place of growing technology, Iraq a terrorist training ground. Canada is a mish mosh of everything in the world. We try to satisfy everyone. There is a legislation for this small minority of people, who knows what group will want some special rights. Canada is now known as a place where "if you can't do it in your own country, goto Canada, they'll accept you" and that's wrong. We cannot be a place where people move to because we are so lax regarding world issues. We take on the world's unwanted identities.

My Ride
    2008 Toyota Tacoma

I hope Alberta stands firm against gay marriages. If not then thats just sad. I really dont want two guys hugging each other in public while Im jogging in the park.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-14-2020 at 01:20 AM.

My Ride
    Low Rent

Originally posted by K271
    Everything is wrong with that. Canada doesn't have it's own national ideal that the world can identify with. America is identified as patriots and arrogants, Japan as the place of growing technology, Iraq a terrorist training ground. Canada is a mish mosh of everything in the world. We try to satisfy everyone. There is a legislation for this small minority of people, who knows what group will want some special rights. Canada is now known as a place where "if you can't do it in your own country, goto Canada, they'll accept you" and that's wrong. We cannot be a place where people move to because we are so lax regarding world issues. We take on the world's unwanted identities.
    I know it's facile to answer a viewpoint with a sound bite, but "Give us your tired, your poor, your hungry masses yearning to breathe free."
    "Oh yeah! Plus, armed men are stealing my pop!"

I don't see why you guys care so much that gays can now get married. There will always be gay people in society, whether we like it or not. So what if now they can say they're married? Does it make your day longer? Less pay at work?

In my opinion, the government should have never had "marriages" in the first place and left that completely in the reign of the church. The government should only be responsible for handing out civil unions, but that's not how it worked out. You can get a marriage license from the government, so why shouldn't gay people be entitled to it?

Get used to it. It's law now, and now matter how much you bitch it won't get reverted. Though... it is amusing to see how upset some of you are Chill out... it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast