Quantcast
Roll Call: Windshield Washer Nozzle Lights. - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Roll Call: Windshield Washer Nozzle Lights.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by whatthe
    Taloness, even if you drilled sufficient holes in your car to attach 6 foot metal wings on each side of your car, then attached a rainbow coloured wooden spoiler to the back of your car, then took a grinder to your paint in random spots totalling 25% of your car so that the metal would stick through and rust, attached every 'power sticker' possible, attached 24 glorious 20ft. aerial antennas randomly on your car, primered 30% of your car, painted 10%orange, another 15% bondo, another 10% pink, and the last 10% green, and then drove around with neon 'Guiness', 'Budweiser', signs on each wheel, and then for motor-work put in a 269cc 2 stroke lawnmower engine that you physically had to use a pull string on to start your car every-time you got in or out...

You would still have more class for owning that car, for modding that car, for driving that car... than the ephermal diatribe with which JefftypeR posts.

This is all my opinion. I know the Taloness in real non-computer, non-automotive life (as well as computer, and automotive life for that matter ) . I can't imagine the lack of class required to make posts such as Jeff does. Taloness would never represent herself in such a manner. If she desires windshield nozzle lights, and lights on the wheels... let her have them. She will still have an inherent nobility encompassing her that Jeff could never dream to match.

In short- his comments should mean nothing to her, to me, and to anyone that doesn't hold his particular set of ideals and beliefs. He can post whatever he likes, I personally will always be happy that I am not part of that faction.

He is who he is... let that speak for itself. I feel he should be stripped of any ability to publicly defame the taste of others given his lack of class. Unfortunately, that is not the Canadian way.

So what is your other user name on this forum?

And Why would you sign up just to say that?

Is there a reason you couldn't say this under your original user name?

And dont say you havent been on here before, you went around, found posts by him, and obviously have an opinion formed of him, but are insecure about posting who you really are?

Just want to know who were talking to here.
    Last edited by Ben; 01-23-2003 at 08:34 PM.
    Travel

My Ride
    IS300, 335, highlander, rentals?!

lol... very complementary, but no, I do not have another user name. I'm one of a kind.

Like I said, Taloness is my friend. It is in my nature to be protective of others and their attempts to belittle my friends. I do not make consolatory attempts in forms of statements that I can't deem true, or in the forms of violence. Before I make any statement either for/or against someone, I will be sure that I have sufficient reason and cause for/or against it. I just felt I had cause and reason now. I have my own forum with over 1100 members (small on some scales), and I don't generally join forums and participate in discussions where some of the predominant posters contribute in a negative way. My own forum is my main reason for not posting any sufficient details and why I don't enjoy getting involved on many forums. It was my opinion that my details would confuse the topic, worse than it is.

No on here is on trial for their tastes. I merely made a case for Paula that his comments are part of how he portrays himself, and to let her know that I don't think she has any cause to think twice over his statements which will no doubt... not live in the hearts of men for all time.
    IS300 - 2JZ-GTE, DIY custom sequential 31psi at 2800rpms, yeehaw.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

So what, she told you about it and you came to the rescue?
    Travel

My Ride

Where is the roll eyes smilie when you need it??

1) You certainly have the wrong of impression of the Taloness. From the ability to take care of her self, to having something she deems to look 'cool'.

2) The taloness has friends that instinctively act with her because they trust and respect her. Maybe you should find some that will do the same for you.

3) Jeff needs a personality recall. Don't join the faction.

My Ride

Scratch the don't join comment... I see @physclene.com in your sig. I believe I saw something similar to that from JefftypeRs.

This is a bit of a useless thread with nothing contributed or gained now don't you think.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by whatthe
    Where is the roll eyes smilie when you need it??

1) You certainly have the wrong of impression of the Taloness. From the ability to take care of her self, to having something she deems to look 'cool'.

2) The taloness has friends that instinctively act with her because they trust and respect her. Maybe you should find some that will do the same for you.

3) Jeff needs a personality recall. Don't join the faction.
    I'm not sure what you are saying, I ask a question if she told you to come on here and say your peice, and you write me a citation on terms and conditions of personalities and friends.

I dont know Taloness whatsoever, nor have I made any comment what-so-ever towards her in any way, shape or form, so get your facts straight pal.

I have allocated him space on my "psylence" server which he fiscally pays me for, so how am I part of his faction for providing a service?
    Travel

My Ride
    Highlander

Kay guys, cool it. I personally do know Paula, I'm good friends with Benny and I have met and talked to Jeff quite a bit as well. All three of them are awesome people and no one, not even jeff I'm sure, meant to start this flame war. Let it go guys, there's nothing more gonna come of this and no one needs anyone to "defend" them since all parties involved are strong, individual people

Melinda

My Ride

np Benny, didn't mean to categorize you.

To answer your question simply then. No it was neither my attempt to come to the rescue, nor did she tell me to come on here. It seemed like an odd question, that's all.

She asked me a few times in the past 4-6 months "Are you on 'beyond' yet?". I guess I just chose now as the time to join. It's my thinking that silly comments that include 'you are female and tasteless' in the same sentence are what take the good people away from the forum. The people who really want to help and get trashed are usually the ones who leave. male/female/little of both (if that's your thing).

There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here... At least I know a handful of them. Good and bad of a diverse forum is the people and the cars. It can be a bit of a time trap, which is why I did not join earlier.

My Ride
    Honda

Unfortunately for challengers, Benny has the mysterious dog from the Simpsons as his avatar.
    This, by default, automatically means he wins every argument he enters due to the "shifty eyed nature" of the dog.
    Even the ones about v-tec.

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    ill be sure to lose sleep over your comments.
    I never intended for you to loose sleep over them. My point was that you made comments that I felt were not appropriate. You made a judgement about someonelse and I felt you should be aware that people have also made judgements about you. Now I expect you probably don't care, to be honest if it were me I wouldnt care either. I guess I just felt your comments were un called for and not very constructive, saying you don't like something is one thing, saying you don't like something and adding everyone who does is "tasteless" is another.

Cheers

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

I never intended for you to loose sleep over them. My point was that you made comments that I felt were not appropriate. You made a judgement about someonelse and I felt you should be aware that people have also made judgements about you. Now I expect you probably don't care, to be honest if it were me I wouldnt care either. I guess I just felt your comments were un called for and not very constructive, saying you don't like something is one thing, saying you don't like something and adding everyone who does is "tasteless" is another.

Cheers
    Your Still Talking?

Your comments are not very constructive, to me they look like jeff type r bashing.

DAVE P

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Cheers
    If you don't like what you see here you can always start up your own forum with your own set of rules and you can run it however you want...

Originally posted by gpomp

If you don't like what you see here you can always start up your own forum with your own set of rules and you can run it however you want...

but make sure you let JEFF TYPE R know what the site addy is.

DAVE P

My Ride
    A l337 chair

I dont understand why you are accusing Jeff of being sexist. That is dumb, in this case you have nothing intelligent to say and just randomly accuse him of being sexist.

That is illogical, that's like someone disagreeing with this post then myself saying "Oh I am jewish, and because you dont agree with me you are a NAZI!! HATE MONSTER!! RACIST!! BIGOT!".

Originally posted by gpomp

Fair enough.

For the most part I don't like what I see here. I am also a member of the www.rx7club.com and for the most part I don't like what I read on that forum either. However every once and awhile something interesting comes along that makes being a member worth it. I really don't have any big problem with Jeff Type R, infact I even told Taloness to not be so sensative. i just thought the comment was un called for that's all. If you think the comment was appropriate that's fine I really don't care, as i'm sure Jeff didnt. "Am I still talking?" Always, I will argue without purpose on a regular basis, I kind of enjoy it

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Group Hug!

And yes, Shifty Eyed Dog OwnZ,. hahahaha
    Travel

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

On a quick note... wtf are with people and tire valve LEDs now?
    omgwtfbbq

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

The tire valve LED's aren't new. Those were out before the windshield washer lights, if I remember correctly. Both gay IMO.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

too many serious people on this forum . . . everybody needs to lighten up here

to the guys that took offense, pretend what jeff said was somethin that came up during the superbowl party with your boys . . . are you going to pull that "ephermal diatribe" bullshiet . . . no unless you're friends with a bunch of pansies, chances are that you'll be giving high fives and the like, it's good that you have a large vocabulary, no need for you to show off . . .

to the girls who saw sexism . . . welcome to the 21st century, sexism, racism, prejudism whatever isms are all being taken way too seriously . . . and it's evident on this board, i'm sure girls have their male bashing jokes too . . . so have fun with it and leave it at that . . .

after all . . . this is a car forum and from a male standpoint, cars and derogatory stereotypes of women have already been infused in our minds from before . . .

ie. women can't drive
    or on a different wavelength
    ie. women in bikinis posing next to nice cars

pick your poison, it's already been served millions of times before . . . so let's just keep this on topic with washer leds and the such

i had a set of white led smoked housing washer lights haha, i had it wired so that it would only come on with my turn signals . . .

i still think it's cool . . . but yea i take alot of heat for it

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by NEO
    I have the leds sprayers, and I have no intention of removing them no matter what any one says, in fact I have a glowing "H" on the trunk and I like it aswell, I love the look of glowing blue coming from my car, and soon I will have ground lights installed. And not even speed bumps will stop that beautiful light from shinning.
    How about the wrath of the gods? Will that stop your beautiful lights from shinning?
    Last edited by Seanith; 01-25-2003 at 09:51 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4