Quantcast
Canjet Airlines and Conquest Airlines - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Canjet Airlines and Conquest Airlines

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    -
    My Ride
    L-Tuned
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Canjet Airlines and Conquest Airlines

    Has anyone here flown with Canjet or Conquest? Are they any good? Or should I just pay the extra money for AC or WJ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Ride
    MTA
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Pay extra and fly air canada. Canjet has the tiniest seats around. Where do you plan on going? I will always fly Air Canada, even West Jet has higher prices than AC at times. I will always fly AC in and out of Canada, and on Star Alliance overseas.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    18 GTI, 07 MX-5, 92 400E, 09 Cayenne
    Posts
    5,048
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    pay extra. i fly westjet for the tv.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GT
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    wha.. canjet has leather seats all throughout the entire airplane.. i was just on one last night . welll delivering ice and dairy :p

    but i dunno how many planes they got or their configuarations or just that plane.. i think their other plane is an old united airlines plane... same galley :p

    so i guess it depends on the plane

    but ya.. i prefer air canada over any other airline

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Ride
    MTA
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    No matter what people say, avoid Canjet. They have no flexibility in flights, maybe two per day to certain locations. Prices are really not that much cheaper then AC. More rewards on AC aeroplan.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    -
    My Ride
    L-Tuned
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally posted by K271
    Pay extra and fly air canada. Canjet has the tiniest seats around. Where do you plan on going? I will always fly Air Canada, even West Jet has higher prices than AC at times. I will always fly AC in and out of Canada, and on Star Alliance overseas.
    I travel quite frequently to Toronto. So I figured if I could get a cheaper fare, the savings would add up over time. I typically just choose WJ or AC depending which has the cheaper flights. I booked AC for my trip out there, but I just need to book my flight back.

    Anyone flown Conquest before?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    18 GTI, 07 MX-5, 92 400E, 09 Cayenne
    Posts
    5,048
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    if you're taller than 5'8, don't fly those refuge class airlines. the guy beside me who was a bit over 6' tall couldnt even get his tray all the way down...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Ride
    MTA
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Why didn't you just book a round trip ticket? Anyways, Air Canada has seat sale right now from Toronto to Calgary $214 one way. Sale ends July 12th.

    Conquest is more like a travel agency and they book you on Air Transat, WJ, whatever they can find cheap for you. If you end up on Air Transat, you might as well pray for your life as their planes have a record of incidence. Like the one plane flying to Portugal last spring that had to land on some tiny island in the atlantic because the engines died!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GT
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by K271
    Why didn't you just book a round trip ticket? Anyways, Air Canada has seat sale right now from Toronto to Calgary $214 one way. Sale ends July 12th.

    Conquest is more like a travel agency and they book you on Air Transat, WJ, whatever they can find cheap for you. If you end up on Air Transat, you might as well pray for your life as their planes have a record of incidence. Like the one plane flying to Portugal last spring that had to land on some tiny island in the atlantic because the engines died!
    that was at least 3 years ago

    heh

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    -
    My Ride
    L-Tuned
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally posted by K271
    Why didn't you just book a round trip ticket? Anyways, Air Canada has seat sale right now from Toronto to Calgary $214 one way. Sale ends July 12th.

    Conquest is more like a travel agency and they book you on Air Transat, WJ, whatever they can find cheap for you. If you end up on Air Transat, you might as well pray for your life as their planes have a record of incidence. Like the one plane flying to Portugal last spring that had to land on some tiny island in the atlantic because the engines died!
    I missed the $214 fare by a couple of hours on a certain flight, but still managed a good price. The return, there is nothing cheaper than $3xx for flights that I want.

    I know Conquest charters their flights for certain parts of the year. I just didn't know who they chartered from.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by K271
    Why didn't you just book a round trip ticket? Anyways, Air Canada has seat sale right now from Toronto to Calgary $214 one way. Sale ends July 12th.

    Conquest is more like a travel agency and they book you on Air Transat, WJ, whatever they can find cheap for you. If you end up on Air Transat, you might as well pray for your life as their planes have a record of incidence. Like the one plane flying to Portugal last spring that had to land on some tiny island in the atlantic because the engines died!
    I have flown on AT twice now without issue. They are ususally about $400 cheaper on international flights to Europe. And a couple of hundred bucks on Mexico/Carabein side

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Ride
    MTA
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I will never fly like another member said a "refugee" airline. I'll stick to the big boys. In the end, the discount airlines will not save you that much money. After taxes, plus the fact they don't have as many flexible flights, no rewards, it's better to stay with Air Canada, KLM, Cathay.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by K271
    I will never fly like another member said a "refugee" airline. I'll stick to the big boys. In the end, the discount airlines will not save you that much money. After taxes, plus the fact they don't have as many flexible flights, no rewards, it's better to stay with Air Canada, KLM, Cathay

Similar Threads

  1. All airlines in Alberta

    By awd in forum Careers
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 07-03-2005, 12:17 AM
  2. FS*Modified Starion Conquest Intercooler

    By coolsir in forum Automotive Parts [Mechanical Parts]
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 04-04-2005, 09:37 PM
  3. Study: Obese passengers cost airlines

    By benyl in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 11-05-2004, 06:56 PM
  4. Sept. 11 Suits Vs Airlines Get Go-Ahead

    By GingeRRRBeef in forum General
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 09-10-2003, 03:40 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 07-28-2002, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •