Quantcast
off to disneyland tomorrow,,suggestions? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: off to disneyland tomorrow,,suggestions?

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Default off to disneyland tomorrow,,suggestions?

ive never been anyone have any tips. or must see's?

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

is your wife going??

All of it is cool...man I LOVE that place...its been almost 2 years since my last trip down. Right now they are celebrating 50 years I think...and the celebrations for that are supposed to be amazing. And come on man...it's the most Magical place on EARTH!!

Make sure you catch any and all stage shows you can...don't know if the junior will be all into that...but you and the Missus wil love them...also the fireworks and the Parade on Main Street...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

lol hahaha fucker, yeah, my wife and son are going, if i was going alone i wouldnt be going to disney thats for sure hahah

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

What hotel you staying at?

Disneyland it's self is pretty decent, but I wouldn't waste your money going to sea world. *yawn*
    Travel

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

i dont even know, my wife booked it all, its not on the park thats all i know.

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Screw Disneyland. 6 Flags is where it's at!

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

If you're not on a tight budget, look into renting a car while you're there. It sucks having to depend on the hotel buses to take you to the parks, then waiting while they pick up everyone else up from all the other hotels. If your hotel is within the Anaheim Resort area, it's not that far to walk to Disneyland from wherever you're staying, the walk just gets harder when you're going back to the hotel after a long day at the park.

Fast-pass is your friend: for certain rides you can get this free ticket that lets you by-pass the line at a certain hour. So if the line is too long when you show up, just get a fast-pass, then go see a couple of shows and go back to the ride. If they're playing it, Fantasmic is a must-see show.

Lastly, Disneyland food is expensive and a rip. Definitely not worth the price, and don't fall for that expensive restaurant that's inside the Pirate's of the Carribean ride. It looks nice, but the food is .

My Ride
    2000 Civic SiR, 1984 Shadow 750

Seaworld was a hit with my daughter.. it seemed that was the highlight of her trip.

Of course, taking her to the Hollywood Hotel Tower of Terror within 10 minutes of walking through the gate for the first time probably wasn't the greatest idea.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I'l be at Universal Studios this weekend. It's gonna be a lot of fun. You'll love the weather down here. I've been here for 10 days and have barely seen a single cloud in the sky.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I surprised Hampstor with a trip in May for his birthday. We got there the day the 50th celebrations started. There is a LOT going on all the time, and it'll be crowded as fuck. We had a great time though, and make sure if you're bringing kid(s) you do at least one character breakfast. Food is overpriced but you kindof have to expect that. Go to Naples in Downtown Disney for dinner at least once, the food is really good. But you're probably already gone so have a good time!!!
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Stay for the Fireworks they rock, and try to catch one of the daily parades

My Ride
    5.0L Mustang Inches of Air-assisted lift: 10

Hollywood Tower of Terror

My Ride
    750Li

I completly forgot the name of the restaraunt, it is a mexican restauraunt inside the park, one of the BEST mexican places I have eaten at, mind you its been 2 years since ive been there

My Ride
    2014 GLK350, 2013 GL550, 07 SL65AMG, 2013 f-150

Eat at the Golden Corral.

Last edited by kaput; 03-13-2019 at 05:53 AM.

My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i

I was just there in May.

As for a car rental, there is an independent place that rents PT Cruisers for around $120 US/week. Nothing else even compares. I can't remember the name but google "LAX car rentals" or something like that and you will find it pretty easy.

I hate to say it, but the 50th celebrations were a bit of "over promise, under deliver". Its not that they sucked, its just that they could have been so much better. The fireworks are amazing though!

As for kids rides, Peter Pan is probably the coolest one. Go there first thing in the morning as there are always really long lines for this.

Depending on the age of your kid, Buzz Lightyear is a blast. I think it was one of my step-daugther's favourite rides (she's 15) and if you kid is old enough to be into video games, he will really like it.

My personal favourites are California Screeming, Hollywood Tower of Terror, Grizzly River Rapids (on a hot day as you can get completed drenched), Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, and Pirates.

One thing to remember for your first time, use your FastPasses! The park is going to be really busy and this will be your best bet for getting on rides without waiting forever. We usually get a Fastpass for a ride with long lines, then while we are waiting we go to a ride without lines (like the Jungle Cruise or something like that).

The restaurant in Pirates (Blue Bayou) is excellent, but very expensive. The best place we found outside of the park is Mimi's on Harbour Blvd. Avoid the Rainforest Cafe in downtown Disney like the plague - way too overpriced for crappy food. The decor isn't even that great (more annoying than anything).

Anyways, I hope you enjoy yourself!

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Originally posted by rockym20

Depending on the age of your kid, Buzz Lightyear is a blast. I think it was one of my step-daugther's favourite rides (she's 15) and if you kid is old enough to be into video games, he will really like it.

One thing to remember for your first time, use your FastPasses! The park is going to be really busy and this will be your best bet for getting on rides without waiting forever. We usually get a Fastpass for a ride with long lines, then while we are waiting we go to a ride without lines (like the Jungle Cruise or something like that).
    Buzz Lightyear was the best and i was 23 when i went. Dont miss it!
    Fastpass is your friend!!

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Well, I live like 20 min away from Disneyland, maybe I can offer some suggestions.

If you smoke, good luck. There's only certain spots you can smoke at in the theme park, applies to every theme park now. Oh yea, if you want alcohol, there isn't any in theme parks too.

To rent a car use Enterprise, very cheap, very realiable, haven't had problems with them before.

Food in theme parks, suck, period. Get your hand stamped, and go out the park for cheaper and better food. Disneyland has downtown disney, it's way cheaper than the stuff in the theme park.

Other good theme parks: Universal Studios, Six Flags, Lego Land (no idea never gone), Raging Waters (if you want a water park), Sea World

Resturants around the area I can't remember right now, I can probably ask my x that lives in that area. There is a lot of resturants on Katella Ave. last one I went to was Hooters..lol