Quantcast
The Return of the RX-7? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of the RX-7?

My Ride
    1989 Ford Mustang

Default The Return of the RX-7?

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...256CB6007C3918

""There are three possible ways to increase power from this engine," Mr Kinoshita said. "Turbo is one, using extra rotors is another and using wider rotors to increase engine capacity is a third."

Sounds like good news to me.
    -Rob, Wannabe Director
    1987 Ford Mustang 2.3L Turbo

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

That's my friend would be the RX8...can't wait for that thing to come out!!

Think there was a post about 350Z vs RX8 before somewhere on this forum!

My Ride
    1989 Ford Mustang

Read the article: it's about a 4th gen RX7.
    -Rob, Wannabe Director
    1987 Ford Mustang 2.3L Turbo

My Ride
    AI Servo

Can't wait to see what the 3rd gen Miata will look like since it's based on the RX-8 platform.

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Rx-7's rock. A kid down the street from me has a 93 Touring Ed. We race quite a bit, I beat him only by about a car length. All he has is downpipe, midpipe and intake. Very cool cars. Not to keen on reliability though.

I doubt there will be a 4th gen Rx-7, as the Rx-8 is due to hit US shores any time now.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    Looking for a car, Got any suggestions?

"I doubt there will be a 4th gen Rx-7, as the Rx-8 is due to hit US shores any time now."-Glowrider

RX-7's do rock....

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

i can only hope for another 7

My Ride
    2k2 black civic si

that would be sweet to have, but not likely to go into production with the rx-8 out

My Ride
    BMW

That would be sweet if they brought the rx-7 back. Always been a fan of that car.

Nick

My Ride
    RX-7/92 toyota pickup

that would be sweet to have, but not likely to go into production with the rx-8 out
    Of course its likely to go into production. They are two completly different types of cars. In the rx-7 all out performance isn't compromised by anything. Like they didn't put in back seats or any extra wieght that wasn't needed. The rx-8 has back seats and not as sharp handling, which makes it a little easier to drive while compromising all out grip. And the rx-8 could have easily made more power, but they're saving that for the 7.

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

not to mention the gas guzzlingin
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Yeah, the only downsides of the RX7 are the shieeety reliability of the Rotary. blowing seals all the time, blah blah blah.
    I heard the RX8 engine was really improved over the RX7 in terms of reliability. Which is a nice thing to see
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    a wrx.

the accepted rumor right now is that mazda is waiting to see if the rx8 sells before they introduce the rx7. they expect about 18000 rx8s to sell every year.

the thing is, mazda would lose lots of money if all the r&d that went into building a new rotary was only used for the rx8. the only way for them to be profitable is to use the same engine on more models...which means rx8. the miata is out of the question for having a rotary as well, since its a simple everyday car that needs the reliability of a conventional 4 banger.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

this is from carpoint
    "The Mazda RX-8 is built on an all-new platform, and contrary to reports in the past is not the successor to the RX-7 rotary coupe - that comes next year."

RX-7 i scoming :P

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Stratus_Power
    this is from carpoint
    "The Mazda RX-8 is built on an all-new platform, and contrary to reports in the past is not the successor to the RX-7 rotary coupe - that comes next year."

RX-7 i scoming :P
    the guys at carpoint are speculating just liek us...their thoughts are about as valid as ours.

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

There's no market for another Rx-7. Especially with the Rx-8 coming. That would be another huge mistake on Mazda's part. The model names would conflict eachother.

Why would they release an Rx-7, discontinue it, then release an Rx-8, and then release another Rx-7 after that? It doesn't make any sense. They didn't do that with any previous models, and I doubt they will do it with this one.
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Glowrider
    There's no market for another Rx-7. Especially with the Rx-8 coming. That would be another huge mistake on Mazda's part. The model names would conflict eachother.

Why would they release an Rx-7, discontinue it, then release an Rx-8, and then release another Rx-7 after that? It doesn't make any sense. They didn't do that with any previous models, and I doubt they will do it with this one.
    im not sure what u mean about conflicting model names. theyve had other rx models in the past like the rx3 and rx4.

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Yeah, but they didn't get rid of the Rx-3, release the Rx-4, and then re-release the Rx-3. See what I mean? Model names are contiguous. They are progressive.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Glowrider
    Yeah, but they didn't get rid of the Rx-3, release the Rx-4, and then re-release the Rx-3. See what I mean? Model names are contiguous. They are progressive.
    well in a way, the rx8 is progressive as well. it is moving the lineup to a 4 door practical sports car direction...whereas the old 2 door rx7 is still staying around

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Maybe the new "RX-7" will be called something like RX-9, then?

BTW, is the RX-8 called an FE3S?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast