Quantcast
July 9th...Another Shooting Incident - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: July 9th...Another Shooting Incident

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Default Another shooting.......July 9

Be prepared for another city beat message....the NE strikes again, double shooting in Temple.....no other info!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Cavy

Default Re: Another shooting.......July 9

Originally posted by TurboMedic
    Be prepared for another city beat message....the NE strikes again, double shooting in Temple.....no other info!
    Yep. Temple Drive and 52nd st 7-11 gas plus , apparantly 2 men are dead. That's a 5 minute walk from my house. This shit is starting to freak me out. I was about a block away from getting my slurpee when there was a swarm of cops all over the place with their sirens on, i walk back to see where they are all going, and they all surrounded the gas plus and the plaza. Ridiculous

I know.. i went to get a slurpee at 7-11 too and it's nuts there.
    They have a huge black tent where the guys died and there are tons of people there.

Man, that's so scary. I live right by there

My Ride
    impreza

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I live a few mintues away from the 7-11 in question...But I don't undertand everyone's comments about how scary it is. I mean crime in this city although on the rise it seems, is NOTHING new. And for it to happen within a stone's throw from your home??

The way I see it is if you have nothing to do with crime, then it should have nothing to do with you. Yes, unfortunate accidents CAN happen. But for the most part its people stupidity that puts them into the situations where you need to fear for your life.

I hope that no innocents were involved in the incident, and yes I also realise that the people now passed on are someones son, brother, dad, uncle, or daughter, sister, mommy, or aunt. But you only reap what you sow is how I view things.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Yah that shit is crazy, my freind was in sev when it happened she was so scared and i dont blame her.

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

RIP DT & DL

This has to stop

Ugh , more pointless deaths ...
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

to this senseless violence, what will it take for something to change

Yep, I drove by today and saw it. Crazy stuff. 2 guys and an suv.

Originally posted by SoSlowDx
    RIP DT & DL

This has to stop
    Does the DT stand for david tran?
    who's dl?

Asians involved? Was the SUV a Honda?

RIP
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    ferrari enzo.....lol jk

RIP DT & DL

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

What a headache... looks like some of you know the people involved and I am sorry for your losses. We will become desensitized to this and it will be easier to accept when it happens a few more times.

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

HOW do these sick bastards live with them selfs stupid mofo RIP

Murder in broad daylight
    Hooded assassin walks up to SUV and guns down two men in hail of bullets

By NADIA MOHARIB AND BILL LAYE, CALGARY SUN
    Horror watched up close

Two men are dead after a daylight execution-style shooting at a northeast gas station yesterday in which a lone gunman fired point-blank at the pair, killing them on the spot.

Two unidentified men -- one who allegedly tried in vain to escape his assailant -- died moments after the attack at Gas Plus at 7196 Temple Dr. N.E.

The police gang unit is investigating.

Paramedics arrived at the bloody scene to find the injuries were so severe, there was nothing they could do to save the men -- one still sitting in the passenger seat of a gold-coloured Pathfinder SUV, and the driver lying on the ground next to it.

Dan Mulder, a 36-year-old heavy duty mechanic, was walking on the sidewalk along 52 St., pushing his nine-month-old daughter in a stroller when at least six shots rang out just after 5 p.m.

"I heard what I knew was a gunshot right away," said Mulder, adding he saw a gunman on the passenger side of the victims' SUV.

"He had his arm extended, gun up to the window, probably only about six inches from the window."

He said the shooter, who had a black hoodie over his head, then bolted to a new model van, possibly silver or grey, waiting in a back alley.

"Then they took off at a high rate of speed down the side road."

Approaching the two victims, whom he believed to be in their late-20s or early-30s, Mulder said it was clear they were gravely wounded.

"By the time I got there, the driver was on the ground, had managed to get himself out ... the passenger was gasping like a fish out of water," he said, visibly shaken.

Mulder, who's lived in the city's northeast about three years, said he's tired of seeing things like this in Calgary.

"I just moved out of Falconridge because of stuff like this," Mulder said.

A number of young adults gathered at the scene hugging and crying.

Police Insp. Stew Cooper said the shooting appears to have been premeditated.

"It would seem that something that deliberate would be planned," he said.

Police also said there was one shooter, but more people might have been involved.

Seasoned Insp. Luch Berti expressed his disgust at the level of violence.

"This just tells you that in a city of our size, we do have crime that goes beyond comprehension and we do have to be alert to this," he said.

The gas station owner who called 911 raced to help the victims, but said he knew it was too late. "How can you describe this?" said the man, who asked not to be identified. "This should not happen. It makes you wonder where we are heading to."

- - -

GANG KILLINGS A SAD LITANY

City gang-related murders in 2005:

* June 4: Sophorn Kim, 21, died after being shot in a car stopped at the 1000 block of Barlow Tr. S.E. -- the entrance road to the Max Bell arena. Police say he wasn't known to be associated with gangs and the shooting might have been a case of mistaken identity.

* May 20: A masked man shot 19-year-old Peter Huynh while he was sitting in his car in the 4500 block of 8 Ave. S.E.

* Feb. 26: John Pheng, 22, a known gang enforcer, was gunned down in a hail of bullets inside Shaken Drink Room, a bar at 1137 17 Ave. S.W.

Its sad to hear another lives being taking away, so much hatered in the city. Just STOP THE VIOLENCE. I don't no these people but its really depressing to see family and friends cry becuase of the drama we have in this city. Don't you guys agree?

My Ride
    Porsche 997 C2S / Toyota Tundra

RIP.

Fack, all these murders and gang activity almost makes me happy that I am getting transfered to red deer.

My Ride
    MDX

By fall I'll be moving out of town, and damn glad about it!

My Ride
    something green

A loss of human life is sad for those people directly connected in a family way to those people, but one must realize, these people that it happened to, put themselves in those situations, if they had a real job and kept their noses clean, they would probably all be alive today...And gang activitiy and crime isnt just a phase either, you are taught right and wrong when you are a child, these people were all adults and knew what they were doing..
    When you are specifically targeted in that manner, it aint just an accident....To many people talk like these guys are all angels, and that makes me gag...Maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast