Quantcast
July 9th...Another Shooting Incident - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: July 9th...Another Shooting Incident

Originally posted by thesith
    Doctors take an oath to put their lives at risk to save anothers in any circumstance.

Originally posted by TheBenzo
    Which Med school are you at?

Nowhere in the oath does it say that as a doctor you put your life on the line in any circumstance.

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Oh but it does say your tuition should be free, and that doctors should not "use the knife" (aka operations)..

I am also a late comer to this thread. I took the time to read each post read and am amazed at some of the responses.

If your friends/family are involved in this sort of thing, are you not obligated to step in and help? Give them a paper with the current headlines. Tell them that you will not speak to them until they get out.

If that does not work, let them kill themselves.

Think of the suffering that they cause their family and the families of their victims.

Anyone that actively participates in these kind of groups are just as bad as the gunman. If they get what they deserve...so be it.

If my brother died in a similar fashion would I be mad at the killer? Perhaps. However,I would be more mad at my brother for putting himself in the position. Would I defend him? Not a chance.

Rip? I doubt it.
    1997 SS (4.3 with spray)12.9@103mph
    1985 V8 S10 (355 with AFR heads and spray)[email protected]
    1991 Syclone #1907 (4.3 with boost)13.6@97mph
    1991 Syclone #0106 (4.3 with boost)xx@xx
    Trucks aren't quick, silly.

My Ride
    07 Avalanche LTZ

So glad they caught a bunch of in tuscany or whatever.. Hope they get 10 years.. but it'll probably be 2 months.

My Ride
    1ST GEN

I'm not saying that you should all change your opinions to mine or feel sorry for the deceased I just think that everyone here values the wrong things. I would just as fast jump in front of a bullet for someone I don't know as fast as I would for one of my family members. But I guess thats me and I value human life a little bit more than some people out there, gangster or not...
    I'm no brilliant doctor or anything, but wouldn't the chance at saving people for the rest of your life be better than saving one person that put himself in that situation by living the way he did.

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by kenny

Short Version:

Don't buy Rotas!
    My new Signature...

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Originally posted by Lexxan
    So glad they caught a bunch of in tuscany or whatever.. Hope they get 10 years.. but it'll probably be 2 months.
    I heard it was the guy that was killed's brother.
    Must have been out for revenge...

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

I just think that most of you on this thread wouldn't have even tried if you had the chance and I think that this is just as bad a crime as the murder itself.

I'm not saying that you should all change your opinions to mine or feel sorry for the deceased I just think that everyone here values the wrong things. I would just as fast jump in front of a bullet for someone I don't know as fast as I would for one of my family members. But I guess thats me and I value human life a little bit more than some people out there, gangster or not...
    thesith, I think you've got things a little mixed up.

Your shunning people of Beyond for "not willing to take a bullet for these guys" Yet you failed to help your friends out of this lifestyle before a bullet was even fired.
    Thats:
    just as bad a crime as the murder itself.

Although this has been repeated in many ways before... let me state it again,

1. People make mistakes
    2. Everyone has some good in them
    3. Everyone deserves a second chance

My Ride
    5.7L8, 4BANGA!

i honestly cant beleive some of you squids in calgary...
    saying that they "deserved it," "they had it coming."

spineless ppl just need something like this to talk about
    RIP

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

Meh, various forms of diarrhea appear on my screen from time to time while being on beyond.ca, which is the inherent risk of being on beyond.. with 30,000 members.. someone will likely say something you dont like.

Originally posted by mo_virgin
    Although this has been repeated in many ways before... let me state it again,

1. People make mistakes
    2. Everyone has some good in them
    3. Everyone deserves a second chance
    Everyone does deserve a second chance. Unfortunately you only get one chance at living. So if you live a lifestyle in which you at risk of dying early... you need to accept the fact that you will be 6 feet under before you reach 30.

The victims probably had many second chances. Unfortunately they were either blinded by greed or rage to step back and enter society as a law abiding good citizen. So they continued to live life terrorizing communities and being poor influences on those younger than them. Hopefully their deaths will show younger kids the results of rolling with the wrong crowd.

It is unfortunate that they died before they were able to turn their lives around.

bang yo
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by sputnik

Everyone does deserve a second chance. Unfortunately you only get one chance at living. So if you live a lifestyle in which you at risk of dying early... you need to accept the fact that you will be 6 feet under before you reach 30.

The victims probably had many second chances. Unfortunately they were either blinded by greed or rage to step back and enter society as a law abiding good citizen. So they continued to live life terrorizing communities and being poor influences on those younger than them. Hopefully their deaths will show younger kids the results of rolling with the wrong crowd.

It is unfortunate that they died before they were able to turn their lives around.
    That pretty much sums it up right there

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.
    I dont see anything in there about taking a bullet for gang members.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

It's good your dad is a doctor, and I am in my last year of med school, but one thing I know is that whether or not my attempt at saving someones life fails, I at least would know that I tried to save someone's life (not to say that anyone could have saved their lives and didn't because I don't think that anyone knew it was going to happen).
    Birthday: December 9, 1986

How are you in your last year of med school at your age?

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by ramminghard

Birthday: December 9, 1986

How are you in your last year of med school at your age?
    I call
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Originally posted by Seanith

I call

What an idiot, isn't med school 8 years or more??
    You don't wanna race me.... you've seen taillights like mine a thousand times!!!!

RIP T.T. Feb 09 2004

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Yep pure BS'er....good work thesith, you're officially a moron......Now, why did the title of my thread get changed to "incident"???? can't we as adults confront and accept the fact this was a "SHOOTING"?? Enough with the sensitivity training already......

Anyhow, on to other things, they released the brother and 2 others today with "Strict Instructions", ie: Curfew, and no interaction with "gang members".......Boy, that should work to help curb that activity.......WTF.....
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    ferrari enzo.....lol jk

Originally posted by TKRIS
    So, just to clarify:
    People are attracted to this type of lifestyle because of the money and power right?
    So why are these 20something thugs, that are well connected, driving Daddy's Pathfinder around? How much of a hardcore street thug can you be if you still live in your parents basement and drive their vehicles? Are you still allowed to pretend your hard when your Mommy wakes you up for waffles every morning?

it was registered to his dad because he has a name on the street, he paid for the pathfinder.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast