Quantcast
which car depreciates the least? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: which car depreciates the least?

My Ride
    GTI

Yeah, but after that huge drop they don't really go down a whole lot at all.

How can people afford these cars??? Tons of people lease, they don't buy them outright. OHH, and also there's tons of people in this city who are stinkin rich, or buy nice cars and live in shit houses. It's all a matter of what's important to different people, some NEED to have a sweet car and don't care about much else.

Originally posted by Stealth R/T
    A 1982 Pontiac Acadian. Its worth $500 now and it will be worth $500 in ten or twenty years.
    LOL! A fully depreciated asset depreciates the least!
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

m@+CH Guest

yeah the vr6's never go down
    corrado r still so damn pricy

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

Originally posted by EnRich
    Actually you couldnt be more wrong... I have a friend that lives here in Mckennzie... I;ve gone to school with him since grade 5 saw him at a few parties... saw him last at new years... ANYWAYS... he owns lots of cars... His parents own like 12 cars and they keep ordering new ones... I had a brand new Ferrari in 2001 RED.... They sold it and ordered some new lotus that they just got a few months ago... He lost around I think he told me he lost alot of money on that car... Something like $40,000.... He told me he lost most of the money in interest... He said it was something like 50% interest or something on that car... I know it sounds fucked up, but I aint a liar... He told me he actually only lost like $7000 on the actual car.... Anyways... Money np to him... I rem when I bought my prelude, he bought a RSX like 2 weeks before i got the prelude... I saw him take his wallet out and pay the fucking guy with a credit card, and it was a TYPE S 2001 RSX, which he still owns, its a school car in Toronto or something... He took me home on New years in a brand new 02 Hummer... Unreal how much money this kids parents have...

Does he Have a sister? If so please PM me the phone number.

yakish Guest

Originally posted by KoRnJD

We have a 745i in the showroom right now. The price is around $115,000 +GST.

Now, you too can lease one for only $1,570/month with only $5,000 down...

thats nice I mean leasing

My Ride
    pedals

Benz has a problem of drastic inital depreciation. My dads friend got a 97 430 (?sl?) for much much much less than it cost the original owner. but the car has flattened out now. Like Hakkola said.

My Ride
    02 Accord

Haha .... No sister... But a little bro if your interested... ; ) hahaha

RICH

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

the 2nd gen mr2's seem to have reached a plateau in terms of resale value, the price never seems to go down on them even though the car is over 10 years old...and the value of my damn ae86 seems to grow.
    Last edited by Redlyne_mr2; 01-27-2003 at 12:24 AM.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Here you go, hard numbers from Auto Spies. Hope this helps.

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e...e000100154.cfm
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

damn...i got 6 grand!! 6K!!! let me put that Bently I was thinking about on layaway!
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    A l337 chair

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    the 2nd gen mr2's seem to have reached a plateau in terms of resale value, the price never seems to go down on them even though the car is over 10 years old...and the value of my damn ae86 seems to grow.
    The AE86 price has gone up. I attribute this to Initial D(uncan), since Hochi Roku is so cool and everyone wants one. It's an older car as it is, and finding one in good condition is quite challenging which brings down the supply.
    Last edited by mrmattyk; 01-27-2003 at 01:17 AM.

My Ride
    2013 Acura TSX A-Spec

Originally posted by EnRich
    I rem when I bought my prelude, he bought a RSX like 2 weeks before i got the prelude... I saw him take his wallet out and pay the fucking guy with a credit card, and it was a TYPE S 2001 RSX, which he still owns, its a school car in Toronto or something...
    I thought the dealers won't let you pay for the entire car with a credit card. My buddy tried that to get his "bitch" miles and the BMW dealership said no way. And when I bought my sentra, they only allowed us to put $5000 with the credit card. I think the dealers don't want to lose $$$ from the visa commission.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by James

...anyone know where i can find proof of that? a specific automotive consumer magazine?...I Dont want my parents to buy another crappy low end domestic and they get mad when they turn around to sell it 2-3 years later and lose $$$$ of dollars. all i say is well if it were an import you wouldnt be having that problem. just dont listen.
    If you're going to get a new car every couple of years, you are better off leasing it. Buying a new car only to sell it in 2 or 3 years is throwing away money.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    BMW E70

Originally posted by hinggu

I thought the dealers won't let you pay for the entire car with a credit card. My buddy tried that to get his "bitch" miles and the BMW dealership said no way. And when I bought my sentra, they only allowed us to put $5000 with the credit card. I think the dealers don't want to lose $$$ from the visa commission.
    Yeah, I can't remember how much NW Acura let my dad put on his visa for air miles but it wasn't very much, and High River Honda only let us put $2500 of my car on it I think the dealerships have to pay the credit card company a certain percentage of the transaction, so they tend to put limits on it.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I believe Mastercard and Visa are 3% of the transaction and AmEx is 4%
    Travel

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

Originally posted by hinggu

no car dealership is willing to do that, they have to pay a percentage of the actual sale. so it'd be pretty brainless of them if they sold the car on a CC

My Ride
    NC1

Most cards won't have a $50K limit anyway! haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

Originally posted by max_boost
    Most cards won't have a $50K limit anyway! haha
    amex has no limits, but yea you're right about that one

My Ride
    VW Jetta

Well,

IF this happened, one of two things are possible;

1. The dealer charged your friend WAY too much for the car, and could therefore absorb the credit card fees, but something fishy is going on here... (unlikely scenario)

2. The dealer, and your friend arranged it so that the buyer would pay the percentage to VISA (or whoever) for the transaction. (more unlikely because Air Miles aren't worth that much...)

My .02
    --------------------------------------------
    Ian Neumeyer
    (formerly of BMW Gallery)
    Toronto, Ontario

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Depends on the car I guess. When you buy an M car from BMW (M5, M3, M Coupe, M Roadster), you have to pay 10% of the total cost of the car up front. Then, you have to pay the rest off within a month. If you plan on financing a car like that, you have to get it from the bank. BMW Finance Dept. won't do it.

I paid for the 10% with a credit card. The rest of it came straight out of my checking account.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast