Quantcast
Two unmarked CPS nearly cause huge accident! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two unmarked CPS nearly cause huge accident!

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Default Two unmarked CPS nearly cause huge accident!

Now I know that when the CPS needs to get somewhere fast they are permitted to bend the rules of the road, but what I witnessed this morning was just a reckless driving.

9:00am this morning:
    I noticed two unmarked excursions coming up behind me on southbound Deerfoot just after 32nd Ave, they were roughly half way between Mcknight and 32nd. By the time I reached 16th ave they had passed me. I was going approximately 100km/h so that gives you an idea of how fast they were going (easlily 150km/h+). If their speed alone was not dangerous enough, their swerving through traffic while following withen 3 car lengths of eachother was! Anyways because the came up behind eveyone so fast no one had time to move over and they swerved between the center lane and the outside lane cutting off, and nearly hitting several dazed motorists. One in particular was almost run off the road as the following excursion attempted to change lanes with the car about half way passed.

Big to shit like that, I don't care if it was swat going to an armed robbery, those stunts very nearly killed a few people.

Did you get some plate #'s?

Should call them in for reckless driving, rules apply to everyone!

Did they have their strobe lights on?

My Ride
    BMW E70

Aren't those the Tacitcal Units?

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Originally posted by QuasarCav
    Did you get some plate #'s?

Should call them in for reckless driving, rules apply to everyone!
    Honestly they were moving too fast, it was the tan and blue excursions so most likely SWAT

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Did they have their strobe lights on?
    Yeah they were running the lights, but not the siren for some unknown reason adding to the shock when the flew up behind people and started swerving

My Ride
    Sentra

its probably more like the oblivious morons on calgary roads who never check their mirrors to see a cop car and actually move out of the way.

ive seens jackasses blow through intersections when a firetruck, big huge and yellow, with lights and sirens blaring, waiting till its clear and then proceed but morons are just not paying attention and the truck has to stop again quickly to miss the car.

to oblivious drivers

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Its called Badged Immunity. Last week on deerfoot at about 2am I was just cruising at 90-100 and this sunfire passes me slowly at the most 105km/h. An excursion slowly passed by a few seconds later. Then they just floor it, strobes flashing right up on the tail of the lady in the sunfire (deerfoot was deserted). She panics and swerves over 2 lanes. They just shut the lights and maintain speed limit. These guys turn Hollywood when they join tac. But, if you still wanna give them a piece of your mind, go to the tims on deerfoot and mcknight by the airport. they will be the guys in blue who look like NFL rejects.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
    Aren't those the Tacitcal Units?

They are the only members driving those. I wonder if you are inflating how bad they were. Also if you were behind them maybe you could not see someone cut them off.

Calgary has to have the worst drivers for getting out of the way of emergency vehicles

Black excursion = Tactical (can do whatever the hell they want)
    White = Canine

if they were both driving that way, something must have been going on!

ps. i remember last year a tac excursion hit a car going through a red light and injured the people pretty badly too..... on a-channel last year they profiled them on the news and judging by the way these guys were talking and acting on camera, i can't believe they let them drive vehicles! especially that big. lol
    Last edited by rmk; 07-15-2005 at 01:00 PM.

lol i want to be in the tactical unit than!!!

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

If anything I am understating how dangerous the situation was. I was turning off at 16th so I was in the far right lane, as the blue one (following the tan vehicle) nearly ran a brown oldsmobile into the center meridian by making a improper lane change. I agree that the other drivers were unnattentive and should have seen the approaching CPS, but that does not excuse such excess speeds and total disregard for the safety of those around them. No siren, breakneck speeds, swerving HUGE and extremely heavy vehicles through moderate traffic.. it was irresponsible to say the least. All emergency vehicles are required to slow when entering situations of increased danger to the general public. Such is the reason they do not engage in high speed pursuits through residential areas, or blow through intersections faster that 50km/h. Its a rule they must abide by.

Its serve and protect guys, not swerve and deflect

Last edited by kaput; 03-13-2019 at 05:51 AM.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I can speak from first hand experience....I've been in way too many close calls because people in calgary do not move for Ambulances (us!), CPS, or CFD....Its just a matter of time, we all get into accidents because of this.....Please, don't talk out your ass unless you know the circumstances surrounding the incident at hand, capiche?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Oh ok, so on your way to an accident you want to cause another by driving recklessly? That makes sense, go read your emr/t manuals again. The public is required to move out of the way for you, and unless I am mistaken you are required to not drive like a jackass. Are you not required to use your siren also when entering an intersection or when you need drivers to move aside? But by all means correct me if I am wrong, because I am OBVIOUSLY speaking out of my ass when I critisize the CPS driving in an extremely negligent, and dangerous manner.

Fuck all you guys are idiots..........

jk.

Havent you ever rushed for fresh donuts before?? You gotta get there quick mang

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Originally posted by 69cougar

Havent you ever rushed for fresh donuts before?? You gotta get there quick mang

Don't be silly

It's the free Stampede breakfasts they're after...
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    2006 A-Spec TL, 2010 MDX Tech

As far as I know, I think emergency vehicle can only go 10km/hr over the speed limit. I do not know if cop cars are included.

but what's the pt of saving someone (from criminal, or from injuries etc.) if you're gonna hurt someone on the way
    seems like a waste of energy to me

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

A lot of times, cops can't use sirens as it would alert the criminals they are heading towards.

If he had his lights on, and people are not moving over, then I'm all for him giving them a scare. You're complaining about them "almost" causing an accident, not actually causing one.

That said, I know they sometimes abuse the lights to get through long lights, etc. But hey - it's called a perk for getting shot at.

And frankly, if I'm in the back of an ambulance dying, and you are blocking the way while driving the limit, I don't have a problem with them forcing you off the road. Same with those idiots that wear walkman/headphones while driving, or pound their stereos so loud they can't hear.

Khyron

Originally posted by Primer_Drift
    Oh ok, so on your way to an accident you want to cause another by driving recklessly? That makes sense, go read your emr/t manuals again. The public is required to move out of the way for you, and unless I am mistaken you are required to not drive like a jackass. Are you not required to use your siren also when entering an intersection or when you need drivers to move aside? But by all means correct me if I am wrong, because I am OBVIOUSLY speaking out of my ass when I critisize the CPS driving in an extremely negligent, and dangerous manner.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Originally posted by Primer_Drift
    You continue to spew crap from that thing you call a mouth!! Anyhow, who said I was driving recklessly?? I have way more driver training than you could dream of having, and am in total control behind the wheel of my work vehicle. All of our manouvers are calculated, and well practised. Now, thanks, but I'm quite a way past EMR/EMT in terms of training, am a critical care paramedic and have 6+ years in the field. We are required to use the siren at all times..unfortunately this is usually at the expense of our hearing, EMS and CFD are real good at using the siren lots, I cannot speak for CPS, although I do know they don't use theirs near as much......Would you care to challenge me on more??

EDIT: to whoever stated the 10km/hr over limit for emergency vehicles, thats incorrect also. We can exceed the speed limit as much as we feel is appropriate according to conditions. Each of the 3 services have vehicles that can perform differently, ours can only do about 140-150km/h, CPS can do more, and their vehicles are much more nimble and controllable......
    Last edited by TurboMedic; 07-15-2005 at 06:49 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast