Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

Default Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

was quite dissapointing.

Nothing was funny,

i watched the older version like 2 last year at houseboating, and it's almost exactly the same thing, except the ending

yawn

another 2 hours i won't get back in my life...........

this one sucks, just looking at the trailer. he wrecked my childhood favorite movie. the original is way hella better! trust me. watch the original, you wont regret watchin it.

i knew it was going to be a piece of shit. willy wonka is too much like micheal jackson, all the critics make the comparison and the producers/actors/studio do their best to deny it.

thanks for the heads up tho, wont be seeing this one..

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

Really?
    It got nice ratings too...I'm still gonna check it out and try to enjoy it for Roald Dahl. I'll try not to think about Michael Jackson or Pee Wee Herman....

My Ride
    Honda

Out of respect to Roald Dahl, I'm not watching this movie

I think it's a sellout.... They just wanted to make a buck off of Depps' face one more time.

just watched the old version last week on ytv....it was awsome ....thanks for the headsup on the newer version

I'll see it anyways.. I just won't bring my expectations with me.. I did just get back from The Wedding Crashers.. everything was good except the end

My Ride
    09 CSRT4

My fiance and I just seen it..what a waste of money for us and the film makers...definatley aimed for kids under the age of 11 years old.Was quite boring...it gets a 3.5 out of 10 from me.

My Ride
    Kompressor

Just got home from watching it & I didn't think it was that bad. I went in with an open mind, because I hardly remember anything about the original.

My Ride
    K20A3

holy i cant even stomach the commercials for it

johnny depp doesnt even look like willy wonka,.. he looks like a fucking stoner from the 50s..

i cant stand this.. stop making remakes!!!!!!!!!!

My Ride
    2001 Honda Civic Si; 06 Mazda 3 GT

I won't see it just cuz of Johnny Depp. Never been impressed by him but more to the point: the way the character is written and the way all the gestures are meant to be presented, they should've casted Jim Carey.

Originally posted by Chiggles
    I won't see it just cuz of Johnny Depp. Never been impressed by him ...
    Johnny Depp is a first class actor, I've been impressed by everyone of his movies. His performance in 'Finding Neverland' was nothing short of amazing.

When I find time I'll watch this one and post feedback

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

Originally posted by Chiggles
    I won't see it just cuz of Johnny Depp. Never been impressed by him but more to the point: the way the character is written and the way all the gestures are meant to be presented, they should've casted Jim Carey.
    i thought he did really well in the pirates of the caribbean (sp)

I thought Johnny Depp looked like Joan Rivers in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I doubt it will stand up against the original but I'm going to see it anyways.

Nothing can compare to the song Gene Wilder sings during the boat scene in the original
    slower than you...

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

I watched it last night and quite enjoyed it. I'm also a fan of Roald Dahl's and Tim Burton's dark humor, so I couldn't see how I wouldn't like this. If you didn't like movies like A Nightmare Before Christmas or Edward Scissorhand, then you won't like this one. That being said, it was a nice update on an old classic. I don't also don't get the Micheal Jackson comments, in this version, Willy Wonka can't stand the kids. They also spend a lot of time developing why he acts the way he does. That's something the original never touches. This one doesn't take itself too seriously, hell they even spend time pointing out the plot holes in the original. I'm usually against all of the remakes or comic book adaptations because they bastardize the originals, but I don't see this one as that. I don't want to reveal too many details so I'll leave off here. Just keep in mind that this is a targeted as a kid's movie and that if you like movies like XXX, SWAT and Stealth, then the sublte humor in this will be lost on you.

PS, the did anyone else pick up on that Barbie refference with the one mom?

I read somewhere that for this movie Johnny based his character on Marylin Manson. I haven't seen the movie yet, but even through the trailer, that's the first impression I got out of it. Pirate's he based Jack off of Keith Richards, You can DEFINATELY see that one too LOL. I still want to go see it, I've always liked Johnny Depp's movies, I think he is an incredible actor, he always seems to push the limits of expectation with his movies and I expect this one will be no different. The older he's getting though the more he seems to be "selling out" (for lack of a better term) He used to be very particular about the movies he chose to audition for and they were always really outside the box (Edward Scissorhands for example) Now he seems to be doing movies he never would've even given a second glance to 10 years ago. I was really surprised he did Pirates of the Caribbean cause it just didn't seem like his type of movie (obviously it was).
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

movie was good. i hardly remember anything from the original, since i havent seen it in ages, but i know that the original wasn't accurate because it was made for children only. this one was accurate with the original book, because willy wonka is suppose to be an ass like that, and they went pretty accurate with the book instead of the original that was sugar coated for kids.

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

I actually liked this movie. I thought it had it's fun points. It's very trendy.. and somewhat more updated from the original. I was a big fan of the songs in the original one... although they didnt want to bore people to death with Wonka singing (depp singing)... they spent alot of time making it darker and weirder than the original. it was nice to have some background to the wonka character for once.. in the original, you never really get to know wonka.

I think this is a renter movie , but if im really bored , i might just end up seeing it in theatres...
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

Saw it yesterday. I enjoyed it mostly, I could have done without the singing but I suppose that's just part of it. Good movie imo not as bad as some have made it out to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast