Quantcast
Mattresses? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mattresses?

Default Mattresses?

I've had my bed for god knows how long now and It's been flipped and shuffled so many times that the craters are not going away, so I think it's time for a new mattress.

So before I go shopping this week for a new mattress, my question is when you buy a mattress, can I buy JUST the mattress and keep the boxspring? Or do I have to buy both? I don't want to spend too much, maybe 1500 bucks max, but if I have to pay more then I don't really have a choice.

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated... thanks.

My Ride
    2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, 1998 GMC Sierra

I just got a new bed. You can keep the boxspring but just get the whole set.

I got a Queen size Serta Pillowtop mattress with boxspring and frame from Sleep Country for 950 bucks. It was a model that someone didn't like b/c the colors didn't match, so they returned it, and I managed to bargain it for cheap.
    "Power is nothing without control"

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Look out for coupons at Costco. I got a queen sized bed and boxspring for $599+tax last year.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-14-2020 at 01:54 AM.

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

I agree. I bought a tempur. I got the King for $2600, Matress only. Worth the money. Go to Rogers sleep center. They have the best price on these.

Nate

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza (White)

Holy crap^^^ man you sure went all out on your mattress....

I just can't see my self spending anymore then a 1000 bucks on a mattress

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

Made a huge difference for me. Takes me only 20 mins to fall asleep in it. Where as before was an hour. I only wake maybe 2-3 times now compared to 6-10 before.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Yeah mattresses are a great use of money for sure, look how much time you spend on it.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

I paid 850 for a queen size sealy mattress/box spring with pocket coils and got free sheets thrown in too.

It's recommended that you buy a matching mattress/boxspring - I'm not sure if they'll honour the mattress warrenty if you don't buy the boxspring.

We bought our new mattress from sleep country. mattress was regular priced at like $1800 but they had some sort of sale there and we got ours for $1100+GST. Sleep Country has some wicked deals. Ours is the Serta something (can't remember the mattress model name) but it's queen size with the pillow top is all I can remember. Think it was 2nd or 3rd from the top model. But anyways orignally we were gonna buy the boxspring as well but the guys at sleep country mentioned it was personal preference in regards to the box spring. We could've mixed and matched and saved a few bucks that way as well but it is not a requirement when purchasing a new mattress set from those guys. IMO if there is nothing wrong with your old boxspring then don't bother. If you are a stiffler about matching colors or the boxspring is like 20 years old then buy it. The boxspring is like between $99-199 anyways - fairly cheap. It is the mattress that is big dough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Last edited by kaput; 03-20-2019 at 07:29 PM.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Man i am stuck on a fricken $300 futon, I wish i could have a good bed then maybe my back wouldnt be hurt all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

I got the Serta Perfect Night in queen size. It's 25" tall sitting directly on the floor.

http://www.serta.com/pages/product_perfect_sleeper.html

is the brick any good? or would you guys suggest I go to sleep country? I don't have a membership at Costco.

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza (White)

Originally posted by schurchill39
    Man i am stuck on a fricken $300 futon, I wish i could have a good bed then maybe my back wouldnt be hurt all the time
    Its probably better then what i currently have.... Mine is a piece of wood with foam on the bottom and top......

Definitely don't cheap out on mattress. Maybe when you are young you don't feel it but man did I have some back problems for awhile. Went to chiropractor thinking I messed up my back lifting something... finally thought maybe it's related to my cheap mattress.

Went to Sleep Country and bought their top of the line Serta firm pillow top (no flip ones). Wow, what a difference, no more back pain

I went to the Brick and Leons to check out some mattresses. They usually have some special giving you a free TV, dvd player, etc. However, I find Sleep Country has better selections and you can talk the price down quite a bit. As well you get their 60 nights guarantee which I used. I had a Sealy, than swap to a Serta.

Ariakas, yeah I just got back from Sleep Country and The Brick.. at Sleep Country I think the guy got me to sleep on probably 12 beds and just process of elimination.. so I have one set for purchase at Sleep Country I just have to actually swipe the credit card.. It's a Simmons Beautyrest that's originally 1600 bucks and they're going for just under a grand right now + tax.

I went to the brick and their cheapest one was 600 bucks, and the bed felt like crap.. the one that felt relatively good was an 800 dollar Sealy.. so I might just spend the extra 150 bucks and get the Simmons at Sleep Country.. who knows.. I'll decide in a couple of hours..

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Foam Shop!!! The one on 32nd ave, right next to PM Hobbycraft.

I think it's the same as those links posted above tempurcanada.
    It’s like a futon but toally different, they are very comfortable!!
    Basically if you want the best comfort go for the "memory" foam. It adjusts to your body curves and your spine stays straight and all that stuff. They even have memoryfoam pillows.
    The guys name is Tony (he has been in Calgary for a long time and still has a British accent lol). They can even make it custom for you.
    Highly recommend these guys! We have 2 double memory foam mattresses. I'll ask pop how much he bought them from.

They are here:

Hey guys, I decided to bring this from the dead... haha

Anyways, I am looking into getting a new mattress, and I doubt I can afford into the 1000's as I am a student.

Looking into the sub 1000's of course, anything around the 500's and up would be nicer. I understand with a budget like that, there isn't much nice mattresses I can get.

A little about myself, I never have problems sleeping, usually 15 mins and I am out. I currently sleep on a crappy Brick futon, the ones that can fold into a couch. I also have a crappy air bed from walmart (yes ghetto) for my res up in Edmonton. With both of these, I don't have a problem sleeping at all.

Just looking to see what people can suggest with a budget around that.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

International Furniture wholesalers,

You can buy a brand new queen for $200
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast