Quantcast
Travel Tips to Los Angeles - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Travel Tips to Los Angeles

Default Travel Tips to Los Angeles

Hey guys, Im also going down to Los Angeles any tips on where to stay? Eat? See? Ive heard many people saying stay in Santa Monica area..and Im deffinetly going to Universal studios..

Thanks

Just picked up tickets to Jimmy Kimmel Show.. so that'll be cool.. if you guys ever go down and want to get tickets go to
    http://www.1iota.com/

That's awesome, Jimmy Kimmel is funny do you know which guests are going to be there when you guys watch it?

I personally haven't been to Cali/LA before, but if I was going, I'd probably drive 1/2 to Torrence and visit Signal Auto...

My Ride
    Fat Boy riding a Fat Boy

you staying in LA or somewhere near? When I'm in LA, I stay near the airport but head over to Venice Beach for a real eye opener. If you're going south, Irvine is a fantastic place to base yourself with easy day trips to Laguna and Newport, as well as Disney to the north and San Diego to the south.

Land of the pretty people I always say.

My Ride
    1996 Honda Civic Si

Originally posted by S4maniac
    you staying in LA or somewhere near? When I'm in LA, I stay near the airport but head over to Venice Beach for a real eye opener. If you're going south, Irvine is a fantastic place to base yourself with easy day trips to Laguna and Newport, as well as Disney to the north and San Diego to the south.

Land of the pretty people I always say.

Venice Beach/Santa Monica is a definate must for anyone going down to the L.A area. Since you're going to the Jimmy Kimmel show, which is on Hollywood Blvd, you might as well get there a few hours early and just walk around down there, it's really interesting stuff. The Chinese Theatre is just across the street too .

Pacific Palms Resort is a GREAT hotel to stay at I may add....it's just east of L.A and it's just incredible, not bad prices too

You have to go K-Clubbing. That's an experience in itself.
    heloc that shit

When I went there last year I couldn't rent a car so we spent a lot of time on transit and taxi. I got a hotel right in West Hollywood so Sunset Blvd was 1 block away so everything was pretty close. The Beverly Center was a few blocks away and so was Hollywood Blvd. Those are some places to visit. Have dinner on Sunset Blvd. You'll see lots and lots of nice rides or even take a ride/tours into Beverly Hills and see some celebrity houses, its just crazy. 3rd Street Promenade is a place you can visit when you're down by Santa Monica beach. We rent some rollerblades/bikes near Santa Monica pier and went down to Venice beach during sunset so it was pretty nice. Visit Rodeo Drive, its pretty nice even though I couldn't afford anything there (hate rich ppl). Melrose Ave is a place I didn't get to go to but I heard its nice and Jay Leno sometimes does Jay Walking there. Those are some of the things I did and hope it helps. I Can't wait to go back in December!

Originally posted by lint
    You have to go K-Clubbing. That's an experience in itself.
    Whats K-Clubbing.???

My Ride
    93 Civic SI

drive across to Seattle and then turn south along the coast. Very nice drive w/ the ocean veiw. Stay around the huntington beach area (hot spot of hotties) and without a dougt hit up DisneyLand.