Quantcast
Best Wax Ever!! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Wax Ever!!

Last edited by kaput; 03-20-2019 at 07:27 PM.

My Ride
    Audi S4 6spd

yea i'm quite partial to NXT it works awesome.. easy to put on and remove and the shine is killer.

mothers has a new line of syn waxes that i want to try but crappy tire doesn't have them in yet..

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by heavyD
    Meguires is highly overrated IMO. They have never made a wax that lasts more than 2-3 months. Some of the Mothers Carnuba formulas are far better and cheaper.

The Klass 2-step method is by far the best shine I have ever used. You can't buy it at stores but its the best $50 - $60 you'll ever spend if you like your car. My brother was a Meguires guy but I let him use my Klass and he was so impressed, he ordered his own.

where can u order this stuff??
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Not a Silvia.

Originally posted by JordanEG6

where can u order this stuff??
    eShine.ca, CarCareSmart.ca, or Autopia Car Care. I've dealt with CCS and Autopia, they're both very reliable.

IMO the Klasse stuff is great, but if your car has swirls and scratches Klasse will make them stand out even worse. They're best on a properly polished & prepared surface - they shine like a mofo, and any metallic in your paint will jump right out. They've also got a reputation for being a bit tempermental to use (especially the last-step Sealant Glaze) and both eShine and Autopia have detailed 'how-to' guides on their use. I've only ever had minor 'streaking' with SG, and it disappeared after the next wash.

And Meguiar's did make a very durable wax, their #16 Paste Wax. Unfortunately it's been discontinued, but if you spot a tin I recommend grabbing it. You'll wax your car for ten years with a single tin, and it's awesome stuff.

Last edited by kaput; 03-20-2019 at 07:23 PM.

My Ride
    Not a Silvia.

You could, but you've gotta make sure that the top layer has no cleaners in it or else it'll just remove the NXT.

My Ride
    B5 Audi

i think im gonna have to get some of that tech wax stuff... im so samn sick of having my "mothers carnuba" get stuck and dry in all the little crevices all over my car.. it looks worse than when u start

My Ride
    Giant Reign

Use a credit card and a microfiber towel to get in the crevices after waxing.
    Several studies have investigated the relationship between intelligence and the degree of religious belief (excluding humanism), with most showing an inverse correlation between intelligence averages and the "importance of religion" to the testee.

So is there any wax that doesnt just hides scratches but actually takes them out. Or do i have to turn to wet sanding for that?

My Ride
    350z

I just used the new tech stuff on the 350z and the shine just snaps!!!! I highly recomend it after using the three step mothers cleaner and polish and it seems to be a sheeet loads of work for waxing. The tech stuff will give you the mirror like finnish in half the time.

My Ride
    Not a Silvia.

Originally posted by rinny
    So is there any wax that doesnt just hides scratches but actually takes them out. Or do i have to turn to wet sanding for that?
    You'd want to try a machine polish before you went to wet-sanding, but you've got the right idea - anything you buy at Canadian Tire and apply by hand isn't likely to remove scratches & swirls, it'll just fill them in & hide them. If you don't have the skills & tools (or the $$$ to pay somebody with the skills & tools) to remove all the scratches, you could just find a good one-step that covers them pretty well and use it often.

Originally posted by rinny

To take some of the small scratches out, you could get a cut-polish at most any detail shop. Then use the NXT and it will make all the swirls disappear!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2