Quantcast
Block Pics.....(bored..sorry :P) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Block Pics.....(bored..sorry :P)

My Ride
    Aristo-gasm

Default Block Pics.....(bored..sorry :P)

just finished up with my block........took a couple pics

what was done:
    hot tank/bored .040 over (honed)/ground n' polished crank (10/10)/rods sized,bushed/and all the regular rebuild shit (r. main seal, rings, bearings, washers etc etc)

p.s.: yes its a mess out there, its not as orange as it appears on cam, and that blue celi is now where this is going :P
    Last edited by Celica4me; 07-23-2005 at 03:31 PM.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Is that the 22RE?

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    Aristo-gasm

yup.....ugh.....I just realized the guys at the machine shop didnt put my block heater back in.......argh!!!

My Ride
    1989 Audi 200

So, don't drive it in the winter!

Planning on just running a hotter cam and some intake/exhaust in that - or is it going forced induction?

- Rasmus

My Ride
    Aristo-gasm

lol well Im taking the one from my other 22re Ive got and puttin it in tomorrow...........but yeah....for now.......this is whats happening with my project:

ok the block shit I listed already.....slighty lightened flywheel....new clutch.........hi flow oil pump....new water pump (will be running electric fans...thus a lil less stress on the water pump)......custom CAI.......Supra AFM.....shaved EGR plenum in upper intake manifold......higher flow injectors (by about 60cc)......nice lumpy cam.....1mm oversized intake/exhaust valves.......minor port n' polish.......to a pacesetter header....and custom 2.25" exhaust (no cat) (Ill use my old remus muffler)........ummmmm and thats it mechanically....

next summer I MIGHT turbo it.....its built to handle a lil boost.....only looking for high end help since these are torquey engines....so looking to possibly rip the lil turbo off my old mazda (lookin at 6-9lbs of boost)....get a 22rte ecu....and custom manifold....but we'll see........before that I need to get the body work and paint done....aswell as the suspenions mods.......which I doubt Ill be able to finish before winter unfortunately....since Im running outta time and money .....

Im stickin with the Supra/GTS rims....painting the interior spokes gunmetal and polishing the lips......I got an all metal rust free supra hatch from PYP with some custom lil spoiler....glad I found that!!......ummm molding the fender flares into the body (and one day a very minor kit....I dont want to get all ricey with this one)....

but thats the basics of the project!!! (theres more Im sure.........but thats all I can think of at 1 in the morning)

gotta love old school rwd imports :P
    Last edited by Celica4me; 07-24-2005 at 12:48 AM.