Quantcast
Legendboy's Integra tuned by rage2 - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendboy's Integra tuned by rage2

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

sleeves won't crack with tuning by rage2

cracking sleeves due to them being weak has nothing to do with tuning.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

B20 sleeves have always been questionable, and honestly, I have no idea what revs/power levels they last at. Before legendboy's setup, I've done a 320whp stock b20 sleeve motor, and it's proven itself reliable.

I dunno why people say b20 sleeves are any worse than other b series motors. The sleeve thickness is the same as the B18 motors, and stock b18 sleeves have seen over 400whp reliably (not by me). The B20 sleeves are "pushed out" to attain the larger bore, so there's a smaller area for coolant. Honda didn't just bore out a b18 block to make a b20 block.

As for tuning, a large portion of blown motors on honda-tech do come from improper or overly agressive tuning on pump gas. Rest assured, I've left a LOT of room as a safety margin. EGT's on legendboy's car are fairly low for forced induction applications. If the sleeves break, we'll know the limits .

That being said, if it DOESNT break, well, then I gotta find someone crazy enough to do an experiment... keep cranking up the power till it does. That will give me a good indiction of what power/revs the stock b20 sleeves can handle.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY > ALL

B20:
    "This extra displacement comes at a price however. In order to achieve 2.0 liters of displacement the cylinder sleeves are manufactured at 84mm instead of the 81mm on other B series sleeves. The design of these sleeves varies slightly from other Honda sleeves which accounts for their cracking more easily."

But from my experience cracked ringlands, melted pistons, busted rods are more common.
    Last edited by Police; 07-28-2005 at 04:11 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, I've read that so many times before doing my first b20 that I was brainwashed into thinking the sleeves are the same, just thinner and bored out more.

On that same site, they say :
    Most stock Honda motors take boost quite well (the B20 being the exception).
    I dunno, 320whp and 8000rpm on a mustang dyno on the stock sleeves seems like it takes boost pretty damn well! Hopefully legendboy hasn't surpassed the limits of the stock sleeve, then we can brag about stock B20 sleeves taking close to 400whp spinning at 8000rpms!

I love proving people wrong. Especially all the H-T guys because even though there are a few smart guys there, they're mostly dumbasses that agree with each other's bad tech info. Then that tech info gets passed around like it's a verse from the bible and everyone automatically believes it. Nobody dares to try anything new or different. Hell, people still think stock H22's can't handle more than 240whp without breaking.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Chevrolegs

crazy shit guys, 400hp in <2400lbs sounds like a whole lotta fun
    ...foolish would be buying a car that is no fun to drive.

My Ride
    FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY > ALL

Originally posted by rage2
    Yea, I've read that so many times before doing my first b20 that I was brainwashed into thinking the sleeves are the same, just thinner and bored out more.

On that same site, they say :

I dunno, 320whp and 8000rpm on a mustang dyno on the stock sleeves seems like it takes boost pretty damn well! Hopefully legendboy hasn't surpassed the limits of the stock sleeve, then we can brag about stock B20 sleeves taking close to 400whp spinning at 8000rpms!

I love proving people wrong. Especially all the H-T guys because even though there are a few smart guys there, they're mostly dumbasses that agree with each other's bad tech info. Then that tech info gets passed around like it's a verse from the bible and everyone automatically believes it. Nobody dares to try anything new or different. Hell, people still think stock H22's can't handle more than 240whp without breaking.
    You can always fill the B20 block and problem solved haha. I think this B20 engine will last as long as it doesn't get abused every stop light.

damn, whats the chances of my car getting tuned by you?

My Ride
    93 Prelude SR-V

Nice work Corey

My Ride
    2008 CSX Type S, 2008 BMW 335I

WELL DONE........AWESOME NUMBERS......

when are you gonna run the beast? you got some decent slick's?

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Thanks guys

Back from BC, put a good 900kms on the teg but my turbo decided to take a shit so hopefully alamo hooks me up and gets me back on the road before friday!
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Turbo crapped after putting 900k trip on it? wtf happened?! Sean is fast at alamo, I'm sure it will be done for ya in time to hit the track

My Ride
    1979 Trans Am, 93 civic si

Originally posted by legendboy
    Thanks guys

Back from BC, put a good 900kms on the teg but my turbo decided to take a shit so hopefully alamo hooks me up and gets me back on the road before friday!
    maybe it was too hot? keep an eye on your temperature gauge

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by Primer_Drift
    Turbo crapped after putting 900k trip on it? wtf happened?! Sean is fast at alamo, I'm sure it will be done for ya in time to hit the track
    Bruce is getin er done for me (sean is on vacation) but $400 to fix oh well, at least i'll be at the track on friday. Low boost only tho (still 300whp) as i don't have slicks or even drag radials.

My Ride
    FAT tires

Bruce is getin er done for me (sean is on vacation) but $400 to fix oh well, at least i'll be at the track on friday. Low boost only tho (still 300whp) as i don't have slicks or even drag radials.

400 When your average rebuild kit is 150 and it takes all of an hour to rebuild a turbo you gotta wonder what the extra 200 dollars your spending is for...

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Wasn't that a new turbo? Unless they could prove that it was due to installation I wouldn't pay a dime as it should be warranty. Did you have a clogged oil supply/return line?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

For some reason I thought his turbo was an ebay turbo and not new.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by rage2
    For some reason I thought his turbo was an ebay turbo and not new.
    Ebay turbo! Say no more. You really need to do your homework as most of the Ebay turbo's are made in China and not real Garretts. Most of them fail fairly quickly like his. A bunch of DSM guys in the US did a group buy and I believe 8 out of 11 failed within 5000 miles.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I did buy my turbo rebuilt from ebay. I figured it ok since it is a true garrett unit, but whoever did the rebuild didn't know what they were doing. my bad

400 breaks down something like this

130 rebuild kit
    40 new back plate
    90 new comp wheel
    40 sleeve the bearing housing
    60 re machine the shaft for oversized ring

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I did buy my turbo rebuilt from ebay. I figured it ok since it is a true garrett unit, but whoever did the rebuild didn't know what they were doing. my bad

400 breaks down something like this

130 rebuild kit
    40 new back plate
    90 new comp wheel
    40 sleeve the bearing housing
    60 re machine the shaft for oversized ring
    At least you didn't buy an ebay powdercoated valve cover that cost you a rebuild. That was my bad.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast