Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Nedermayer to Calgary???

My Ride
    97' Pearl White Toyota Celica w/ purple tint

Default Scott Nedermayer to Calgary???

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/hearsay.jsp

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/thep...3-4ee64680eef5

This would be unbelievable!!!

Also in the Calgary Herald there is a statement that Lindros wants to come here or Toronto, and Sutter is looking for a big frame at center...so who knows

Phaneuf - Niedermayer
    Leopold - Regehr
    Warrener - Ference

That top 4 pairing would be absolutely sick. And not fair for the rest of the league ....hahahha.....

My Ride
    K20A3

nice find

My Ride
    K20A3

but where did you see anything about lindros?.. not doubting you but proof?.. i just wanna see that with my own two eyes.. flames could seal the deal this year.. with the addition of lindros and niedermyer

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

Default Re: Scott Nedermayer to Calgary???

Originally posted by GucciBoy
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/hearsay.jsp

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/thep...3-4ee64680eef5

This would be unbelievable!!!

Also in the Calgary Herald there is a statement that Lindros wants to come here or Toronto, and Sutter is looking for a big frame at center...so who knows

Phaneuf - Niedermayer
    Leopold - Regehr
    Warrener - Ference

That top 4 pairing would be absolutely sick. And not fair for the rest of the league ....hahahha.....
    I think it's a little too much to hope that Dion Phaneuf becomes our #1 Dman in his rookie year

But give him a few years.

uhh or not if niedermayer ends up anywhere around here it will be vancouver

My Ride
    AP1, DC5

Originally posted by lastprodigy
    uhh or not if niedermayer ends up anywhere around here it will be vancouver
    haha ya good luck with the amount of players vancouver has under contract and the amount they spent already..they still haven't signed their good players yet.

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Scott Nedermayer to Calgary???

Originally posted by Majestic12

I think it's a little too much to hope that Dion Phaneuf becomes our #1 Dman in his rookie year

But give him a few years.
    not implying that dion would be our #1 next yr, i know he wont be for at least a few years, but those are the pairings id go with - scott would be a great mentor for him.

My Ride
    AP1, DC5

Default Re: Re: Re: Scott Nedermayer to Calgary???

Originally posted by GucciBoy

not implying that dion would be our #1 next yr, i know he wont be for at least a few years, but those are the pairings id go with - scott would be a great mentor for him.
    well if you're gonna 'pair' them up nieds would get top minutes so I would toss him up there with Regehr. You have to slowly bring the guy into the league even if he is NHL Calibure/ready

and mentor wouldn't be just on ice, it can be done in locker rooms, practices and such..

I'm optimistic about the flames every year but I'll just stick to not worrying about too many big names coming to calgary just because I don't want to disappoint myself like for the past 5 or so seasons when they missed the play offs

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Scott Nedermayer to Calgary???

Originally posted by chunger_11

well if you're gonna 'pair' them up nieds would get top minutes so I would toss him up there with Regehr.
    I personally wouldnt. leo and regs have great chemistry together, dont want to break them up. Plus they would log top 3 mins and you dont want a guy like dion paired with one of them, being his rookie yr and he will be counted on that much so soon. Better to break him in with patience on the 2nd or 3rd pairing.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

the flames cant afford neidermayer... it would be nice but i highly doubt it'll happen.

same with lindros..... that will NEVER happen lol.... sutter's not that way, he doesnt pick up washed up, high risk player

Originally posted by chunger_11

haha ya good luck with the amount of players vancouver has under contract and the amount they spent already..they still haven't signed their good players yet.

thanks tips all i said is that niedermayer wnats to play here out west and is from cranbrook, anyways, they may not, but if he does come out here it will be with vancouver not calgary

My Ride
    AP1, DC5

thanks tips all i said is that niedermayer wnats to play here out west and is from cranbrook, anyways, they may not, but if he does come out here it will be with vancouver not calgary

no, you didn't say he was from cranbrook.

"uhh or not if niedermayer ends up anywhere around here it will be vancouver"

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

Cool, i wish i could read minds too!

Anyway, it's a good thing Cranbrook is closer to Calgary than it is to Vancouver.

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Would be nice but it won't happen. Not so long as Mr. Iginla is still in town. Niedermeyer is gonna draw top dollar on the FA market and Calgary isn't willing to spend the money for two big name guys (Iggy and Nieds).

My Ride
    impreza

As far as I am concerned I am not taking any stock into player movement rumours. The hockey starved media is going to make it a gong show leading up to august 1, throwing high profile players names everywhere. Calgary seems to be an attractive place for players to come play (location, lots of free salary room, taxes, fans) but I have my faith in Sutter, no way would he sign a washed up bum like Lindros.

As for Nieds, I am not sure if he would command the same sort of money as Iggy in the new nhl economy, but he would get 2-3 million I am sure. Deals will be abundant with so many players going on the market, and players will have to be willing to take moderate to major pay cuts to sign a contract in a lot of cases.

i was thinking about this last week! it'll be great to have him, but he might be a bit 2 much and might prefer vancity over us
    : ah well, the flames will be back 'ing

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Would Niedermayer even fit Sutter's playing style? Also picking up Lindros would be the most stupid thing to do. If anything I think Calgary needs just one or two more decent players on the team and we'll get the cup. We however don't need big names like Neidermayer or could we afford it. If there are major changes to teams it will be the ones that had the big overall salaries.

My Ride
    impreza

trust in sutter. thats all i can say. if he has spots he needs to fill, im sure he has a list of guys like donovan, nemo, kipper, etc etc.

I hear Pittsburgh is really looking into him. Pittsburgh is a team with lots of cap to fill, and for the past 15 years has not had one solid defenceman yet.

Why would we need Niedermayer??? Right now our defence is absolutly solid and it'll just get better over time, so i don't see why would sutter sign Niedermayer. Right now we need a decent Left Winger to play along side Iginla. Maybe someone like Forgsberg or Gagne. Gagne and Iginla played well in the olympics.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast