Quantcast
Official Edmonton Oilers Thread!! - Page 80 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 70 79 80 81 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2054

Thread: Official Edmonton Oilers Thread!!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Bergeron better stay in Carolina for his safety.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by Hakkola
    His wife hates Edmonton
    its hard not to

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Without Roloson I very much doubt they'll beat Carolina, sucks for Edmonton fans because Pronger has a clause in his contract that he can leave next year if they make it to the conference finals, and they did. His wife hates Edmonton and isn't staying there so he's as good as gone next year.
    Are you sure you don't mean Samsonov?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    GTI

Yeah, I'm sure, could be the case with Samsonov as well, I don't know. However Samsonov was traded to Edmonton he didn't sign a new contract with Edmonton did he??

My Ride
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Needs a new ride)

I had to laugh at that comment.

Samsonov's wifey apparently hates it too....so he might be gone too.

But hey, it happens. It's tough to keep the same guys in the locker room. May as well enjoy it boys, as it will probably be the last time you'll be seeing those familiar faces.

I'm just reading some of the Oiler threads...and it looks like nobody know's whats going on. They seem to think it's a "smokescreen" for Carolina. Well, no question, they'll deny it till their blue in the face. But I heard it straight from MacT "Knee. He will not be back...Same as Dvo." I seriously doubt that MacT would be lying. His face told it all after the game.

But have some faith guys. Believe. If the Oil come back in win it...it would be incredible.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Yeah, I'm sure, could be the case with Samsonov as well, I don't know. However Samsonov was traded to Edmonton he didn't sign a new contract with Edmonton did he??
    He's unrestricted after the season, pretty sure of that. Regardless, I think he won't be staying with the Oilers anyways.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Done DONE DONE ..

Even .. overall .. Oilers did play better in this game ..

but .. without Rollie .. NO HOPE

Coklin? Markenan? 70% save?

And it is too late for the Oilers to switch back to the style 6 months ago ...

Well .. just bad bad luck .. so close to win this game .. and now .. Gave the Cup to Canes ..

The Original !

1234567, ¦h³̉¦h±o

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

There goes the series boys. I admit I was a little hard, but I dont think Conklin has what it takes. Sorry boys...

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Wow, who would've thought the Canes would've won it in 1?

All joking aside, it's not over until it's over...

Clem is offline FLAMESFAN 4LIFE-Canes in 4
    My Ride
    Turbo AWD Sled

Bergeron is a tool

That said.... it's a long shot but lets hope Jussi steps up to the plate like Ward, Toskala and Bryzgalov did before him. Even Peca's game turned around once the playoffs started. Look at Pisani. Hope is all I have left

Notice I didn't mention Conklin? Well that's because I never liked him from the get go. I wish we would have went with Morrison but what can you do.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Wow...

Gotta keep the faith in the Oilers here, guys. Come on. We got 6 games left, and Markkanen will start on Wednesday for sure.

That goal wasn't all Conklin's fault. Smith should have at least let him know he was there.

I still say Oil in six.

Do it for Roloson. And honestly, unless he's really fucked, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back. So let's hope it's not as bad as initial impressions say it is.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
    I still say Oil in six.
    Are you on crack? Even with their #1 goalie in net the Canes potted four goals. You really think Jussi or Conklin has it in them to win a series where mistakes are magnified? What Conklin did tonight is what Jussi will do next game. That's what they did all season, let in soft goals or at least one stinker a game. It's possible the Oilers could win but it would have to go seven games and even at that I just can't see either of those two putting back to back solid games together and now the Oilers will have to win two games in a row somewhere to win the cup.

My Ride
    NC1

Oh man. How the hell did the almighty Oilers collapse in this one? Over confident perhaps? Getting off their game a bit? This one must reallllly hurt. Hell might as well bring out the brooms now.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by heavyD

Are you on crack?
    No need to jump on a guy for sticking to his prediction. Anyways the only way I can see Oilers winning is if the Canes drop their level of play from being overconfident. I doubt it's gonna happen though. They have great experienced players and Brind'Amour is simply a work horse that IMO deserves the Conn Smythe if they go all the way.
    Last edited by DelSoln; 06-05-2006 at 11:25 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

I wonder if MacT is playing mind games. Wouldn't it take the doctors longer than 20mins to say Rolosson is done for the series? But it also looked like he was gonna cry during the post-game interview when he said Rolosson's done.

Originally posted by Dudek
    OMFG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Roloson is out for the rest of this series!!!!!

Looks like the Cup aint comin home this year
    Ahhh... shit....in the first game too...

My Ride
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Needs a new ride)

Not to put a damper on the Oilers' Cup Drive, but CRX GUY, I seriously think Rolo is done. Like I said, his face said it all.

Kevin Lowe is also saying...not likely.

I rest my case.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

yeah no rollie theres no chance, when the canes came onto their game finally in the third they cleaned up the oilers, now using their backup goalie their only chance is for one of them to become a hero, but look down to the other side of the ice Ward is deadly.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by heavyD

Are you on crack? Even with their #1 goalie in net the Canes potted four goals. You really think Jussi or Conklin has it in them to win a series where mistakes are magnified? What Conklin did tonight is what Jussi will do next game. That's what they did all season, let in soft goals or at least one stinker a game. It's possible the Oilers could win but it would have to go seven games and even at that I just can't see either of those two putting back to back solid games together and now the Oilers will have to win two games in a row somewhere to win the cup.
    The Oilers have rallied around poor goaltending in the past. Remember how everyone said that Roli wouldn't even get us to the playoffs? Well, he's done it in style, and now it's up to someone else to finish the job.

All my past predictions have been true, except the Ducks. I said six, they did it in five. This would be a bad place to miss one now...

And there's no way that Jussi would do what Conklin did tonight. What happened there was as much Smith's fault as it was Ty's. WTF is with the Oilers and defensemen named Smith fucking it up for us?

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by civicrider
    yeah no rollie theres no chance, when the canes came onto their game finally in the third they cleaned up the oilers, now using their backup goalie their only chance is for one of them to become a hero, but look down to the other side of the ice Ward is deadly.
    Ward is also a rookie. They were saying in Ottawa that Emery was the second coming, but in the end, he didn't have what it takes.

Ward wasn't all that amazing tonight either. He had some fantastic stops, yes, but he did let in four goals.

Wednesday is the tell-all. Can we rally around a new goalie, or is it going to be a lame-duck series?

Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 70 79 80 81 90 ... LastLast