Quantcast
RHD Mercedes E320 @Sarcee/Glenmore - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: RHD Mercedes E320 @Sarcee/Glenmore

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Default RHD Mercedes E320 @Sarcee/Glenmore

Driving along Sarcee and 37St and spot a RHD Mercedes E320 or a E430...cant remember, also had a yellow license plate with bunch of #'s and letters...guessing its a European plate?By the time I found my cell to take a pic, it had turned off...

I've seen tons of RHD Imports but never a RHD European luxury car here before....anyone else spot this before?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

musta been an older one maybe?? seen one white one before

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Were the front headlights round looking? Kinda like the 2000 WRX?

My Ride

It had the four round headlights, the 2 big ones and then 2 small ones, it was a newer one, and was light blueish beige color....when I pulled up from behind it, I saw her license plate and was confused cuz it was a long skinny yellow plate with #'s and letters, and then drove past her and saw it was RHD...I'm pretty sure it was the E320...I remember E3.0...just not the middle #....looked like she was a European model...

Man, right when I needed my cell phone to take a pic..cant find it lol and it was in my pocket the whole time...

Driving round in Calgary with European plates are legal?
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

yup, have you ever been to the states with your car? Seen a car from California? What is the diff?

My Ride

The diff is, with US cars u can just drive up here...howd a car with European plates get here and driving around like normal daily use adn then what?Get shipped back to Europe again?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

sure, why not. If you got a year long contract here in Canada, why wouldn't you ship your car over if you knew you were going back?

Plenty of people ship their cars over the sea, you just don't see many in Calgary is all.

My Ride

Originally posted by benyl
    sure, why not. If you got a year long contract here in Canada, why wouldn't you ship your car over if you knew you were going back?

Plenty of people ship their cars over the sea, you just don't see many in Calgary is all.

I c I c...well its a first for me but thanks for the info

europe is pretty much lhd cept for GB so i wonder where it was from

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

I heard from a classmate last year that there is a another newer RHD Mercedes in Calgary,(a nieghbour of his) I remember him thinking It was an AMG as well, i think it was a CL55. Anyway, the guy also lives in England, so he brought some of his cars over...I guess if its insured/registered over there,so like benyl said whats the differnece from a U.S. car?
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

It would be a 96-02 E320, from europe, witha working visa you can bring your car over and keep the euro plates.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

I wonder what the avg. is to ship a car from Europe to Canada, then ship it back.

It's probably not worth it, unless you have the money to spend.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

As opposed to buying a car and spending the depreciation? whether that is rent or lease or buy and sell?

A newer mercedes E class would probably lose between $10K and 15K in value over the course of a year (just a guess).

So, even if shipping your car cost $4K each way, you would be ahead, not to mention the fact that you car back home would be losing value while you aren't using it, thereby doubling the cost.

My Ride
    04 Red TSX

Shipping a car via Roll-On/Roll-Off boat usually costs about $80US per meter cubed, and the average car is about 15-18 meters cubed, so $1200 to $1500 US for shipping.