Quantcast
Persian Rug Scam - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Persian Rug Scam

My Ride
    GTI

Default Persian Rug Scam

We'll, let's start with a little house history over the past few months. I'm beginning to lose count over how many times people have come into my back yard with a flash light at like 2am. I know they saw me looking right at them because the flash light moved away quickly when the lighted area reached me. Still, they keep coming back.

Also important, because of renos and the garage being full I had to park my car outside awhile.

Now last week, enters the Sadam Husein looking fellow. Recognizing the flag on one of our cars he decides to knock on the door, and guess what? He's selling something! Persian rugs, hand made!

Appearantly he's leaving the country to go back to Sweden because he doesn't like flying anymore due to all this terrorism. So, he's unloading his rugs, for cash of course, because he doesn't want to pay taxes bringing them back overseas. With my mothers discovery that they're not hand stitched, he changes the story and starts to sweat a bit, really trying to push my mom to buy his "Tree of Life" rug.

After some long conversations and my mom refusing to purchase anything he leaves, only to come back a few days later. With more rugs of course. This time our neighbour comes over, and almost get's talked into shelling out 20 large for all his rugs, which would have been an awesome deal, had they been hand stitched.

Now this is where things get interesting. My mom has a bad feeling about this guy and they end up going outside to his budget rental van. The plates are taken down, and the guy introduces his 'son' who, by the way, has been patiently waiting in the vehicle. They decide to show their passports to try and gain some trust, the names were remembered and written down for the police report. They left when they found out my mom was going to call the cops.

After running the plates it was found that they were fake, and the passports are probably fake or stolen, as the pictures looked nothing like them and there's no way the son would be named Juliano.

Well, now a few days later they walk into the house, no knocking or anything, we have some labourers in the house so mom pretty much just ignores them. This was stupid, as they had taken keys from on top of an armoir beside the door which had an extra set of car keys and mailbox keys on it. We just noticed this yesterday.

Last week somebody came to the door at 3 am and knocked, and realizing somebody was home, they jumped in a car and sped off. Again they came a few nights ago, flashnight and there's a weird noise outside so I run out and hear, "They must've parked the car inside." I can't see anybody though, so I run back in to grab a coat and go back out but my mom holds me back.
    EDIT- This Happened the day after I cleaned out the garage and put the car back in.

Also on Saturday night somebody tried breaking into my neighbours house, so this is getting kind of crazy.

Note - Last name witheld from sons name, because I wouldn't wanna leak the whole name as the passport is likely stolen. Also, we had the guy's business card and I forget the name he had on it, but it wasn't middle eastern, and he was, also, the location of his head office was the location of the king's palace in sweden.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 08-15-2005 at 10:00 PM.

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

k that's just freaky

time for some vigilante justice!

My Ride
    GTI

Sorry I left out so many details, even things that have previously happend the past few months, ie the german drug trafficker and other incidents but the story is far too long, I'll get into it perhaps later.

Just posting this up to show how organized they are, with fake plates and passports etc. If anyone sees them call the cops, I swear if I see this guy anywhere, especially near my house I'm gonna punch him in the throat.

The guy pushing the rugs looks a little bit like Saddam hussein, except about 5'10, with a HUGE gut, like I'm talking gigantic. Very narrow eyes, partially shut, he looked very intoxicated. Drove a white van with a budget rental sticker, and I'll post up the plates later. I'm sure there aren't too many people who look like this who'd be driving a white budget van though, if these guys are still in the Country, they said they lived in Sweden.

I doubt everything's related but if it is, things will be easier, because I know I have to deal with these people trying to break into my house.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by t-im
    k that's just freaky

time for some vigilante justice!
    Ohh, there will be, I have some things planned, not necessarily for saddam, (though if I see him again he'll be sorry), but for the people sneaking around my house. Stay tuned

My Ride
    B8 A4/MKV GTI

That is fucked... what are you going to do?

My Ride
    04 Red TSX

Change all the locks, and get an alarm system for the car/house.
    Also, some 12-gauge detterent seems in order.

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

Originally posted by Hakkola

Ohh, there will be, I have some things planned, not necessarily for saddam, (though if I see him again he'll be sorry), but for the people sneaking around my house. Stay tuned
    haha we should have a campout in your backyard. Or just wait and scare the shits out of whoever is sneaking around your house!

My Ride
    GTI

Have alarm systems, but there's also always someone here, though that didn't seem to deter them from going into my neighbours.

My bedroom is in an unsuspecting place so I can hear and see a lot of what goes outside, I sleep with a nice big bat beside my bed that I can reach for quietly and I have great night vision. I'll have some surprised lined up for them by the weekend though, so we'll see what happens.

We get new mail key tomorrow so we'll see if they took any mail and billing/ account info tomorrow. Lock changes are being made.

I'd much rather catch these guy, or have the cops catch them, than deter them. Seems like at least some of these people might be involved in a pretty big operation.

Also, my car was broken into a few months back, and they had my name and credit card info, with my name they could find my house, so it could be the same people now...

Edit- Can't camp outside unless I can camo myself, if I'm gonna take the time to do that, they're not gonna know I'm watching.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 08-15-2005 at 10:11 PM.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

They sound pretty stupid coming back over and over, even after they know the cops have been called. I like the bat idea, but it's not worth it if they have weapons too (which they probably do).

What quadrant of the city are you in again?

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    GTI

SW

I don't care what they have, they're not gonna know if I'm near them. Me and my neighbour buddy are doing some tandem crime fighting.

Maybe they're reading this and nothing will happen again, or maybe not and we'll have some fun.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 08-15-2005 at 10:17 PM.

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

buy a pitbull from me he will solve your problem

Get a dog
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

maybe some motion sensor lights aswell, light the whole backyard up
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride

Maybe a big picture of George Bush will keep them at bay?

Damn Thieves

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    maybe some motion sensor lights aswell, light the whole backyard up
    we have those in our backyard and i will never get rid of them..you can also rig up a buzzer to them for when they go off...just keep it in your room! honestly man if you want some backup, im willing to come and spread some vigilante justice with you. being an avid airsoft/paintball enthusiast i can lend you some camo if you need it! have a campout on your roof with a couple pellet guns and pull a todd bertuzzi when they come in your yard..
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    acura integra

Originally posted by tapout
    buy a pitbull from me he will solve your problem
    Agreed . But thats insane, I live in the SW too so now I'm worried at bit, where abouts in the SW do you live? I will come help you camp out as well, my friend is a paintball player so I can get him to come too lol. I say we have a beyond camp out .

Originally posted by fingirl
    Maybe a big picture of George Bush will keep them at bay?

Damn Thieves

HAHAHHAHA......

Motion detector lights work wonders!

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

lol, thats fucked man, beyond vigilante meet at hak's house
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    06 Ralliart.

get a couple of these and replace foam discs with something more solid or just sharp

http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/71bc/
    "Hey, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Lee Valley has sprinklers that are set on motion detectors for scaing small animals away
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast