Quantcast
Attn: People whose cars were broken into last year - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Attn: People whose cars were broken into last year

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Default Attn: People whose cars were broken into last year

Last year a gang of 4 were charged with breaking and entering into numerous import cars as well as a police storage facility. I was one of the victims and know there were around 14 other guys. I spoke to a few at the Police Station where we claimed our stolen goods back (intercoolers, turbo's, etc.)

The prosecutor sent me a victim restitution form to fill out, which I did, so that they could get the alleged dirtbags to pay up when they were found guilty (I'm out $1500). This was last fall and I have not heard anything since. I'm going to contact the crown prosecutor to see if the case has gone to trial yet and if so what the verdict was.

I have since heard that one of these alleged scum is driving around in a 10th Anniversary RX7. Now I'm wondering how someone who doesn't have the cash to pay his bills comes up with the cash to buy a new car. Kind of ticks me off to say the least.

Last fall I spoke with the lawyers at the company where I work and asked what my options were if restitution was not paid. I was told that once the judgement is made and no payment is given I can go to motor vehicles and get their drivers license suspended - something I will definately enjoy doing. It would make me very happy to see a 10th Anniversay RX7 sitting in the impound lot for a month and know that it won't be driven until he pays up.

If anyone else here was a victim of these guys send me a PM and we can discuss what legal recourse we have to get our money out of them. I know that many of you took a bigger hit than I did so I'm sure you would all be interested in getting some justice.

My Ride
    335i

Somehow I hardly doubt this thief would be driving the vehicle under his own name.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride

You are probably right. However, if he is caught driving without a license it does not matter who owns the car he is driving - it will be impounded. So even if the car is registered to mommy and daddy it will be stuck in the impound lot for a minimum of 1 month and storage is not free. I believe they charge something like $20 per day while it sits. With the number of guys that were hit by this group I would assume that getting his license back could become a very expensive proposition. Also, getting charged with driving with a suspended license comes with a fine of it's own.

Personally I would strongly hope and encourage this individual to get out of the import community. We really do not need people of this caliber here. Most of us work hard for the stuff we get and I have zero sympathy or forgiveness for people who rip off others in this manner.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Does this mean, I'm gonna get my bass light back???

hahahahahahah hahahahah
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Bus

Originally posted by LUDELVR
    Does this mean, I'm gonna get my bass light back???

hahahahahahah hahahahah
    haha your basslight???

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Thieves suck ass. Hit them with everything you've got.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

Get his 10th Anniversary RX7 impounded ...then i'll buy it

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

Originally posted by spyguy

haha your basslight???
    that's what i was thinking!!

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic

i was only out $500, they got my panasonic deck and amp, insurance helped out a bit though, they fucked my dash up though which was a piss off

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by tbk49
    i was only out $500, they got my panasonic deck and amp, insurance helped out a bit though, they fucked my dash up though which was a piss off
    Sue them. Just to make their lives hell.

Ya this situation is a major piss off. I was not one of the people hit by this group but I have been hit enough before to hold a great deal of animosity towards them. Due the best you can Soloracer and hopefully you will get the money back, I know you can't get back the time and trouble this has already cost you. I am pretty sure the owner of the 10th Anniversary is on the board. We know who he is, and that's all he needs to know.

My Ride

Just to clarify things - the owner of the 10th Anniversary is not named Chris. I know two Chris's with 10th Anniversary cars and they both are stand up guys.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Default Re: Attn: People whose cars were broken into last year

Originally posted by soloracer
    Last year a gang of 4 were charged with breaking and entering into numerous import cars as well as a police storage facility. I was one of the victims and know there were around 14 other guys. I spoke to a few at the Police Station where we claimed our stolen goods back (intercoolers, turbo's, etc.)
    Hey! that was me in the cop station that had their intercooler stolen. I decided not to fill out that card, dont ask me why not, I just figured these losers that did were gonna get more than a wrist slapping.
    I got my front bumper stolen, and at the cop station the sargent came up to me and said that the mother fuckin guys who broke into my car said that they did NOT steal the bumper (that they did)...the nerve of those bastards believing them over me, I was so pissed...I dont understand, they admited to stealing my intercooler, well how the hell do you steal an intercooler without getting the bumper off? It was nowhere to be found in the morning, ohh well, Im over it now, and now those pricks have a police record...have a good life bitches.

m@+CH Guest

if u find out.. give a shout out 2 everyone!! haha i'm sure members on this forum either has had their car broken into or has known a friend with broken in cars and stolen audio ..goodies

i dun't care if it is them
    i jus wanna kick someones ass

Originally posted by soloracer
    Just to clarify things - the owner of the 10th Anniversary is not named Chris. I know two Chris's with 10th Anniversary cars and they both are stand up guys.
    Hahaha good point Soloracer. The last thing we need is people seeing a 10th Ann and damaging it because they think it might be related. I'm not willing to post his name, perhaps Soloracer will it's better if the culprit is simply aware that we know he's still around.

My Ride
    99 Civic

Originally posted by m@+CH
    if u find out.. give a shout out 2 everyone!! haha i'm sure members on this forum either has had their car broken into or has known a friend with broken in cars and stolen audio ..goodies

i dun't care if it is them
    i jus wanna kick someones ass
    I can tell you have a lot of Rage that you want to release.
    But I wouldnt mind doing some good ol' theif ass kickin either