Quantcast
Northland Volkswagen Dealership Disaster - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Northland Volkswagen Dealership Disaster

Default Northland Volkswagen Dealership Disaster

A year into the ownership of my 2002 VW Jetta 1.8T the clutch went. It was a summer day going in traffic up a mountain pass. Funny thing is at the top where my clutch died was another 1.8T with a blown clutch.

VW replaced it under warranty, even though Northland Volkswagen in Calgary blammed my driving (ummm, ya, if my 88 Corolla can do it the VW better). So a year after that the clutch started slipping again. I take it in and VW will not warranty it. Now im over the barrel with my Jetta dismantled at Northland Volkswagen already $500 in the tubes. I cant tow it because the transmission is out and get this, they want $2500 for a new clutch.

I called around and found an actual made in Germany clutch for under $1000, but Northland Volkswagen refuses to allow me to use it. They want to extort me to put the VW part in, even though i am convinced the cheap VW parts are defective. The German performance after market clutch is much better, but they left a message stating they do not install after market parts. Ummm, I have friends with receipts that Northland Volkswagen HAS put in aftermarket parts (more evidence of extortion).

The service manager wants to charge me storage fees for my dismantled car sitting on his lot for the past month while i tried to get an answer from VW Canada if the part was warrantied. I sought legal advice and was told not to pay this, they have since taken it off my bill.

Now we are getting frustrated, phone calls not answered and today, they called and are refusing to do any work on my car. So, I have a half taken apart Jetta, that can not be towed sitting at the Worst dealership EVER (and I have been to some bad ones), and they will not even help me out.

Im wondering how i can pay $35,000 for a brand new car and get treated like this. I dont have any bad feelings towards Volkswagen manufactuer, but I would warn you to NEVER go to Northland Volkswagen.

I have the messages the dealership has left on my phone still, I will be starting a website detailing my story, and the legality behind what they are doing. They are not willing to put anything in writing, but pending legal action may be required to.

Other Volkswagen dealerships have offered to help and are trying, a few VW specialty shops offered to do the entire work for under $1000 and are trying to help.

PS- Did anyone notice Northland Volkswagen adds for TDIs stated "TDI stands for Turbo Diesel Injection" when its really is Turbo Direct Injection... I guess its indicitive of their passion for Volkswagen cars.

Ive been to the Wolfsburg factory twice and the Glass factory in Dresden once, i plan on going back during world cup, I just hope this experience doesn't take away some of the lustre for the cars I enjoy so much.....

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Try posting on www.NewVeeDub.com or www.ClubVeeDub.com, you'll have greater success. There is even VW staff on the forums.

But thanks for your rant. Every car company has good and bad reports on service, such is life I guess. Sounds like your story is pretty lame, however rather than ranting on the web, perhaps go right down to the dealership instead of calling, and put a report into VW of Canada for sure. ANd go check outTHIS SITE instead of wasting your time and money on another rant site about how bad car companies are.
    Travel

Default well

Well, good points, however I have gone down, and sent official letters. I have had experienced VW mechanics go down and take a look, I have had a flatbed tow truck down there - and every time Northland Volkswagen treated us like dirt.

Funny how they treat people who are fanatical about their products like dirt, I dont know how many times I had to correct their sales guys during the testdrive...

Im considering my next step in starting a website dedicated to people discussing their experiences with this dealership good or bad.

My Ride
    335i

You really need to be a little more assertive. Go there and get your car back - even in pieces whether they like it or not. Give them what they want for labour up until that point if thats what it takes, and consider it a lesson learned.

I'm willing to bet that a lawyer's call wouldn't cost $2500 (which is a ridiculous price for a clutch job, btw).
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

The car can not be moved untill it is reassembled, I would have to pay them an additional $500, otherwise no towing companies will move the car for liability purposes.

Legal advice is free (its nice having a large family).

My Ride
    335i

Find a ghetto company that will move it. There are tons of tow trucks around.

Since legal advice is free, USE IT!
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Default well

Well, its a leased car with the transmission propped up with a block, so a Ghetto company that takes it and messes it up, with no insurance / liability coverage will leave me with much more then a $2500 clutch to repair....

Default dealership BS

Hey try calling and AMVIC they deal with dearlers etc in Alberta. Emial them a tell them your side of the story........then they will asign a agent to help you out, it free. I had a proble with a dealer not willing to refund my deposit for a car once and they made the dealership refund it for me.......My shitty Visa company refuese to help.

Give them a call or go on line and submit a claim and they'll get back to you within 24 hrs

good luck

Ive dealt with alot of dealership and most of them are scumS! they try to screw you over every chance they get.....

Stadiam NISSAN
    3 Toyota dealerships
    2 HOnda dealers
    Kia

And now sounds like VW dearlerships are the same

theyre really nice when I was getting a NEw toyota...but after what a joke!

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

once a dealership sells you a car, they don't give a rats ass what happens with it. I bought a car from northland a year ago as well. Its a 2003 2.0L golf. Personally I think this thing is good but the automatic tranny is starting to shift really hard from first to second. i already dealt with northland once because of tranny problems and paid out of the ass to get it fixed and what happens, 8 months down the road problems start to show up. i don't even bring my car there anymore. But with a tranny problem like this, its just getting worse by the km. Like when it shifts it feels like a 16 year old learning how to drive standerd.

I give up with VW, once this winter is over with I am hoping to sell the car and pick up something thats a bit more reliable.

Northland is shaddy and I wish I bought a honda/acura instead

hey whats youre name and what not...i got a buddy who's suing them right now for similar problem brand new car he bought 2 days later motor blew up ...car came with full tank of gas not desil salesman's mistake they said they didn't do it but the car only has 131kms on it total. mayabe the lawyer can call to the shop and get something done for ya.

My Ride
    MB C63

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

Default Re: well

Originally posted by TDurden55
    Well, good points, however I have gone down, and sent official letters. I have had experienced VW mechanics go down and take a look, I have had a flatbed tow truck down there - and every time Northland Volkswagen treated us like dirt.

Funny how they treat people who are fanatical about their products like dirt, I dont know how many times I had to correct their sales guys during the testdrive...

Im considering my next step in starting a website dedicated to people discussing their experiences with this dealership good or bad.
    report them to amvic they will deal with them

There in todays newspaper. check it out there tlking about specials and what not.

My Ride
    BMW E70

We had problems with Northland with our Passat 4Motion when we purchased the car. They were such a poor display of a dealership. Between the dealership issues (we now service at South Centre) and the plethora of problems we have had with the car, we now have a sour taste when it comes to VW, which is really too bad because some of the VW/Audi products don't look too bad. From what I have heard, VW/Audi reliability seems to be hit and miss depending who you talk to.

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
    Northland is shaddy and I wish I bought a honda/acura instead
    Don't fool yourself, we had had our fair share of issues with a few of the Honda and Acura dealerships too...

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Moral of the story. If you ever, ever find a dealership that values your business and has principles, never go elswhere. I've dealt with ones that were passable and ones that were downright crooks (cough..Honda West..cough). Never one that even deserved a B+. It just goes to show that automobile sales & service is the shadiest industry outside of Liberal politics.

Back to the story. Is there any way you may be able to get out of the lease and leave the car with them? I've never signed a lease agreement but I'm sure your family legal advisor may be able to help you out.

My Ride
    1989 Audi 200

go in there, DEMAND to sign a legal waiver so that you may do some work yourself, put a bolt or two in your transmission and have it towed to a reputable shop and then, when you're all set up, do what good people do and NEVER FUCKING EVER EVER EVER take your car to Northland, or even South Centre Fine cars (friend of mines car's been there for 51 days now, and they keep saying "we don't know whats wrong" fucking morons)

- Rasmus

My Ride
    Highlander

I test drove a used VW beetle there (Northland). I made an appointment and the guy had a car waiting for me. The electrical was SHOT on this car, you turned the signal light on and every damn light in the car dimmed and lit up as the signal blinked on and off. The salesman didn't even seem to realize this. When we pointed it out to him, he played dumb and said "Oh yeah, I guess you're right, I should get the guys to look at that"

Okay, I figured, no problem. There were several beetles on the lot so I went and found another 2 that I liked and asked to test drive one of them. Now before I go on I should mention that it was March or April when I was test driving and although it was a little windy out, it was warm enough for me to have worn a hoodie there. BOTH of the beetles I wanted to test drive wouldn't start, the batteries were both completely dead. It was also mentioned that the beetle I had originally wanted to drive was boosted before I got there and I was asked to leave the car running when we were done the first test drive to let it charge up more.

Perhaps it was cold in the few days before I went to go test drive it and it hadn't been started, but holy crap did that ever leave a bad impression on me. I even told the salesman right there that it didn't look good for me buying a car from there because of the visible problems with their cars. He appologized and said he understood (the salesman himself was very nice. it was just he cars that bugged me) but he then proceeded to hound me once a week for the next month and a half asking if I had changed my mind.

I bought a honda from a private sale instead and couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by Melinda; 08-24-2005 at 04:55 PM.

My Ride

damn i have my first service booked at northland comming up

should i switch to southcentre?

My Ride
    '08 Lancer GTS & '06 ZX10

I bought a 2001 Jetta GLS 1.8T from Northland a year and a half ago. I won't outline my problems, but I hated the car and the dealership. I ended up having any work I needed done in Saskatoon by my cousin who is a licensed VW tech. Eight months after I bought the car, I traded it in on a Dodge truck. I hated that car and the dealership SO much and I vow never to deal there or with VW ever again.

Definately check out AMVIC - they are the best. And good luck.
    Terrorists suck.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

i know a former vw mechanic who worked at northland.

i can get you him number if you need any info - hes no longer affilliated, so he might help you out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast