Quantcast
city paying for alignment? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: city paying for alignment?

My Ride
    GT TDi

Default city paying for alignment?

alright, so if you hit a pot hole and there was no sign saying there was one there, city should pay for alignment right? i hit the second one today, and now the wheel is off in the other direction a bit. i dont really care about the $70, but lucky for them my rims are still perfect.

so, where do i go to claim this, or will they say to fuck off?

70 bucks seems expensive, I only paid 38 for my rotation, balance and alignment. But I do live in Australia

My Ride
    NC1

I had a friend who once drove off a hill....24th St where the trailer park homes are.....there was no sign saying it was the end of the road, he flew off, wrote off his parents car, they sued the city and it worked! lol

but in your case, i think your jacked
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    GTI

I've been thinking about billing the city for to fix my rims and maybe pay for the new shocks and stuff I had to get replaced last week or have them fix my damn road. We must have called the city at least 20 times, they keep putting gravel, then it rains and there's potholes again.

My Ride
    2010 Genesis Coupe

for the most part, your shit outa luck, sorry to say.

this has been tried before and they say some bs about you should be watching for 'road hazards' or you should drive more slowly so as to not damage your vehicle.
    but good luck if you do try to get some money outa them

m@+CH Guest

hey if u do "con" the city outta cash
    and they do end up compensating 4 parts
    give me a shout...struts, alignment , strut boots etc
    have been messed this winter!!
    gotta spend cash fixing up wut SHOULD WORK!! instead of mods
    !!!!

My Ride
    '15 GTI

hmmm, im gonna go try to convince the city of edmonton their potholes have destroyed my suspension and i require new bushings, ball joints, springs and shocks...maybe an m3 body kit too...

My Ride
    08 BMW 328i, 03 Turbo SVT Focus

Last winter, I was driving in the right hand lane on elbow drive. A snow plow flew by me in the left lane, pushing snow right into my lane! Sent me out of control, and up and over the curb. Scratched my passenger side front wheel. City wouldn't budge. Screwed.

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Well, I think they SHOULD pay for it, but we don't live in a perfect world. So now the question is, will they pay for it? Fat chance in hell...Good luck with that.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

Originally posted by dogstar
    this has been tried before and they say some bs about you should be watching for 'road hazards' or you should drive more slowly so as to not damage your vehicle.
    In theory they should pay for your car to be fixed but like dogstar said they'll probably pull somethin to make it look like it was your falt (even though it more than likely wasn't)
    Good luck with it man

My Ride
    GT TDi

i email them, i'll see what they say. also, i think they should pay for windshields too, because they put those fucking rocks on the roads. tell people to buy winter tires or tough.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

just tell ppl to buy those splash guard or watever :P

My Ride
    11 sec weather van

You'd spend way more than that in time and money trying to sue the city. Dont bother unless its serious damage.
    Ford tuning guy...

I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world.
    Georges Duhamel

joke of the day:
    Originally posted by Danger_Mouse
    There is a replacement for displacement. It's called technology.

My Ride
    GT TDi

yes, keyword there is splash, not rock.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by suffeks
    i email them, i'll see what they say. also, i think they should pay for windshields too, because they put those fucking rocks on the roads. tell people to buy winter tires or tough.
    maybe u can start a petition too and have all the speedcowboys guys sign it

My Ride
    GT TDi

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    maybe u can start a petition too and have all the speedcowboys guys sign it
    maybe you can bend over and fuck yourself. because everyone ive talked to on here says your a fucking loser. no petition need in your case.

back to potholes, i just called the "pothole hotline", the guy said to get the exact address, they go out, take a look, and give me a claim number, then i go through the city to see if they will pay me for it. the better, especially since there was no sign there saying "\/\/\/\/".

My Ride
    a wrx.

maybe you can bend over and fuck yourself. because everyone ive talked to on here says your a fucking loser. no petition need in your case.

back to potholes, i just called the "pothole hotline", the guy said to get the exact address, they go out, take a look, and give me a claim number, then i go through the city to see if they will pay me for it. the better, especially since there was no sign there saying "\/\/\/\/".
    haha is that so? as i recall, im not the one that posted regularly until he got his ass flamed away by everyone on the board. or have u already forgotten all the posts saying "we dont care about your moms purple taxi and no it cant outrun a corvette".

and actually i cant bend over and fuck myself. instead, how about i break a bottle over your asspan face and steal your wallet?

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

HA HA HA.. well i know a few people in TO who got a rim replaced because of potholes. BUt they had witnesses who saw them hit the hole, ect. I would take some pictures of the area with out a sign, and of your car before they get a sign up, cuas paperwork might say there was a sign there.

And speaking from expeience, sueing the city is harder than you think
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    E90 335i

Are you serious? By that same logic then, we should sue the city if they don't put rocks down because the roads are slippery and more accidents occur. Winter tires help but so does gravel, I'd much rather have them on our roads then not. You may have wonderful tires but the moron following you may not, some sanding helps cut down on the moron factor.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    GT TDi

ok, so i called 268-1000, thats the pothole line. you tell them where they are, they take all your info down.

then you call claims, 268-5443. now they're closed, open 8-4:30. so i will try them tomorrow and see what happens.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast