Quantcast
Central North Calgary Long term plans. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Central North Calgary Long term plans.

Default Central North Calgary Long term plans.

I do not know if what I am looking for exsists but do any of you know what the long term plans are for the nexy 15 years or so for the central north part of Calgary. Specifically north of Country Hills Blvd on the West side of Deerfoot Trail to Beddington Trail. I am wondering if there are any new communities planned and what not. Don't really care for the areas there right now but was hoping some new ones get off the ground soon. I assume they would have to wait until the ring road is completed (Stoney Trail) but assume there must be development plans already in place??

My Ride
    1989 Audi 200

well, yea? urban sprawl is moving both north west and east up there, sandstone, harvest hills, arbour lake - it's crazee

we'll engulf airdrie before 2010 probably

Go to Calgary.ca and search for "development plans" .
    These are generally the plans that are used to inform the public of new communities. There are really good ones for Garrison Woods and MacKenzie Towne for when they were being developed in the beginning.
    Hope this helps

My Ride
    1989 Audi 200

who the fuck wants to live in MacKenzie Towne? that is further away than mars for fucks sake!

My Ride
    Bicycle

^ Calm down.

Strict north, the only developing communities left are Kincora/Creekside. I don't think either has public transit yet.

North of Hidden Valley is Sherwood, also a very new community with only a few dozen homes.

Of course, I believe they are still expanding Panorama Hills and Conventry Hills.

If you have 1/2 a mil, there are still a few lots left in Hamptons.

Originally posted by Raz
    who the fuck wants to live in MacKenzie Towne? that is further away than mars for fucks sake!
    I live in McTowne. Takes me 20 minutes to get downtown in the morning. I would be willing to bet it takes longer for anyone living in some of the far NW communities. What about those in Airdrie or Okotoks?

Personally, I think its in a great location. Adjacent to both 22X and Deerfoot. Living in Cougar Ridge would suck. Takes forever to get to Deerfoot or anywhere east of the city for that matter.

Originally posted by Raz
    I'm looking to buy a place there. Right now I live in Lake Bonavista - from where i live it takes me 20 minutes to get from my front door, to my office in bankers hall. Mckenzie town is only 3 minutes farther from the Anderson Road/Deerfoot interchange than my house now.

I know it takes longer than that to get downtown from country hills, panorama hills, tuscany, rocky ridge.... Plus evening rush hour heading north is terrible but its pretty much smooth sailing southbound.

^^ I guess he beat me too it.

Plus North/South travel is far more efficent than East / West.

It take 30-35 minutes to get from Elbow Valley to Downtown in rushour traffic, and glenmore is terrible on the way home.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

i thought there was some sort of restriction sayign we were not allowed to go any further north because they dont want us to take over airdrie... maybe that was just a rumor.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    E36 M3

Anyone heard of Simon's Valley? Hahaha....Another sprawl development going up in the north, housing 50 000 people and the only transit it features is an interchange and BRT which will get stuck in traffic like everyone else. The U of C Urban Studies dept. submitted a better, higher density plan that could house 200,000 in the same space and featured light rail transit...But that would take foresight and effort, so it is unlikely we'll see any changes.

I live in panorama. It takes about 25 minutes to get downtown , and about 30 to get home. I have a real hard time believing that you can get downtown from mackenzie in 20 minutes, I go golfing down there sometimes and it takes forever and there's always construction. I admit I don't know the area though so maybe there's some better routes.

I take the bus and the BRT is great every 10 minutes during rush hour, I hope they never extend the ctrain. The other problem with the ctrain is that it can't respond to demographic changes, buses are mobile.

Originally posted by hedge
    I live in panorama. It takes about 25 minutes to get downtown , and about 30 to get home. I have a real hard time believing that you can get downtown from mackenzie in 20 minutes, I go golfing down there sometimes and it takes forever and there's always construction. I admit I don't know the area though so maybe there's some better routes.

I take the bus and the BRT is great every 10 minutes during rush hour, I hope they never extend the ctrain. The other problem with the ctrain is that it can't respond to demographic changes, buses are mobile.
    Yeah I agree I mean it gets choked down to 2 lanes past Douglasdale and then the merge between Anderson and Southland is always bad. Plus I think it has gotten worse since the extended the #2 I notice a lot more traffic on there now. JMO

Originally posted by 69cougar

Yeah I agree I mean it gets choked down to 2 lanes past Douglasdale and then the merge between Anderson and Southland is always bad. Plus I think it has gotten worse since the extended the #2 I notice a lot more traffic on there now. JMO
    I drive the route daily from downtown and I will admit that the construction at the Douglasdale interchange can be slow (slows to 70) but I have never waited more than one light. However once the interchange is done (in november) it will be clear sailing.

The southbound merge at Southland/Anderson/Bow Bottom isnt that bad if you know to stay in the far left through that area. Also there are plans to widen Deerfoot to 3 lanes at that location as they have already widened the bridge.

On a number of occasions I have had to drive north Deerfoot during the same time after work and it CRAWLS between Memorial and McKnight more often than not.

Overall its still better than Macleod Trail, Glenmore Trail, Bow Trail or Crowchild Trail any day.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Rush hour in the north isn't any better these days.

The mckight exit/64 entrance always causes confusion/slow down and backup ensues, usually pass memorial.

If you travel North, the best route is 4th St. & 10th St. Clear sailing every time once you clear 16th Ave.

Crowchild will be horrible until the sacree overpass is done.

My Ride
    NC1

I can walk downtown
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by Raz
    LOL....this is gonne turn into a north vs south battlle...ill say this i live in cranston, and iam sure with all the shitty drivers in the north i can make it down town faster then you could from arbour lake...and on that note south is better then the north!!!

i still believe the best community to buy in now for short term resale would be auburn bay in the south east, its the last lake community zoned and the second biggest lake, 8 acres smaller then lake bonivista.
    Last edited by JordanLotoski; 08-24-2005 at 11:56 PM.

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

Yeah I am not a big fan of the far NW. I prefrer the area that I mentioned in my first post. I will say this I think 90% of people in YYC have lived in either end of the city their whole life. I have lived in both and prefer the North but it is personal preference.

My Ride
    GTI

Man, this city is getting WAY too big. I'd imagine taxes are going to go up, City services have to drive farther, plus increase in gas prices. Maybe that will change the way the city is planned in the near future.

I believe we're the 2nd biggest city in N.A area wise already.

^ If you live in the suburbs you're getting the better end of the deal as far as taxes go. It's those inner city people like max_boost that are subsidizing the roads the rest of us use on our daily commutes.

My Ride
    B8 A4/MKV GTI

I have lived in the south (woodlands) and the north (dalhousie, hidden valley). I would choose the north every time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast