Quantcast
Spy Shot: Dodge Caliber SRT - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spy Shot: Dodge Caliber SRT

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default Spy Shot: Dodge Caliber SRT

i could b way off but is the caliber supposed to replace the neon?

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

yup... the calibur is supposed to be a line to replace the neons... the srt-4 will probably still hold it's own.. rumor has them changing the headlights finally down the road and reshaping the car a bit to get away from the 'neon' look..

the calibur looks like a small suv... but is actually supposed to be closer to say... a pontiac vibe/toyota matrix size.

here's some more spyshoots and some more info.
    http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/caliber.html
    Last edited by izzoblitzo; 08-25-2005 at 12:38 AM.

My Ride
    Lifted 4.0L H.O.

Pretty much most of the Dodge lineup is going to have the ugly ass grill from the Dakota in the next model year. Im not liking what Daimler-Chrysler is doing to their products.
    Rev high, ride low.

My Ride
    GoGet Carshare

I loved Chryslers new line up..then they do this
    caliber =

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Why is Dodge putting the truck front ends on their cars? Don't they understand that people that buy cars don't want a truck.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

looks like a mazda 3 mixed with a durango...
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

it reminds me of a protege5 from the back, and a magnum from the front!

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

i saw one, on the lot by chinnook. i had to look twice to know what it was. i thought it was a pt on steroids

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-14-2020 at 02:23 AM.

My Ride
    94 Acura Integra RS

wheres that vomit smiley..... there we go.

My Ride
    B8 A4/MKV GTI

I don't see why everyone is complaining... it looks 1000x better than the curent Neon, SX whateverthefuck.

Originally posted by heavyD
    Why is Dodge putting the truck front ends on their cars? Don't they understand that people that buy cars don't want a truck.
    Glad someone else thinks like me. Imagie the Viper with the truck front end

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

2007 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 Revealed
    By: Phil Lienert

When the Neon is replaced by the Caliber hatchback next year, the Chrysler Group will be filling the void of deliciously cheap performance with the 2007 Dodge Caliber SRT-4.

How can Dodge top what was already one of the most fun compact vehicles to begin with?

When Chrysler Group executives admitted during a Caliber briefing in Detroit last month that the "Neon has not been as good as it could have been," we assumed that they probably weren't talking about the SRT-4 version of that reliable economy car.

Regardless of the Neon SRT-4's somewhat outdated looks and unsatisfactory interior, the car delivered behind the wheel. As good as the Neon SRT-4 was, the Caliber SRT is bound to be even better.

The hood scoop visible in these photos distinguishes this 2007 Caliber SRT mule from its standard kin, and this hot hatchback will be powered by a SRT-tuned version of the 2.4-liter, four-cylinder engine developed with Hyundai and Mitsubishi. The tweaked version of this new global engine will probably place the Caliber SRT's output in the neighborhood of 235 horsepower.

In addition to the Caliber SRT's expected performance capabilities, the vehicle may also incorporate electronic all-wheel drive. As the first such unit to be used on a Chrysler Group car, the Caliber's AWD will feature an electronically controlled front-rear split, in which the system will primarily make use of the front wheels for the sake of fuel economy, sending extra torque to the rear if slippage is sensed.

Expect the 2007 Caliber SRT to appear some six months after the standard version of the car, most likely toward the end of 2006. As Dodge plans on starting the Caliber in the $15,000 range, expect the SRT version of the hatchback to run along the same lines as the Neon SRT-4 in the low $20,000s.

The Caliber, in all its forms, is bound to be much more of a globally oriented car than the Neon ever was, thanks in part to a platform developed with Mitsubishi. Dodge's intentions to place special marketing emphasis on Europe were clear from the Caliber concept's introduction at the 2005 Geneva Motor Show.

Despite the Caliber's cross-cultural leanings, the SRT version of the vehicle proves that Dodge has not forgotten its home market in the creation of this upcoming budget hatchback.

Given the current state of oil prices and the fact that many American consumers are already running scared from SUVs, the 2007 Caliber SRT — with better performance, space, handling, and possibly even fuel economy than the Neon — is already starting to sound like it could be a real winner for the Chrysler Group — perhaps even more so than the upcoming SRT-tuned versions of the Jeep Commander and Jeep Grand Cherokee.

My Ride
    lude

fugly

They changed the body alright but I see they still kept those tall narrow wheels from the Neon SRT4

My Ride
    1993 Acura Integra GS-R

They need a better car designer, a new design team. I give it a

My Ride
    Sentra

so they are trying to make a better srt4....but its still got narrow wheels, it makes about the same power, its probably a heavier car now, and it will have more drivetrain power loss from being AWD? wtf

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

"Given the current state of oil prices and the fact that many American consumers are already running scared from SUVs, the 2007 Caliber SRT — with better performance, space, handling, and possibly even fuel economy than the Neon — is already starting to sound like it could be a real winner for the Chrysler Group."

that is a retarded comment right at the end of the article... americans are running away from SUVs so they will gladly jump from an econobox neon to a crossover SUV
    i agree that it was probably a good choice to completely replace the neon/SX since they never really recovered in people's minds from the terrible reliability problems they used to have. i'm not sure however how a miniSUV can be their next econobox but time will tell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast