Quantcast
parking ticket - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: parking ticket

My Ride
    bus

Default parking ticket

Just wondering......

Have any of you guys fought off a parking ticket???

beacuse I got a ticket for a parallel parking inside MRC parking lot, with my parking permit. I asked the parking patrol (couple weeks ago) about paralle parking. He told me if there is no No parking sign, they won't give out a ticket....but I got a ticket today for doing that.....so can I fight it????

Thanks for any help guys.

J
    ?????

no use fighting a parking ticket.
    And I'm pretty sure your not allowed to park in spots that aren't stalls at MRC. Everytime I see a car parked like that they get a ticket.

Do you attend MRC??
    I don't attend U or SAIT, so I don't bother paying. Its a private institute and they can't do jack to me and make me pay.

But if you do attend, I would pay it.
    I was take a law class at the U and the prof was telling us that if you attend there and have outstanding tickets, they can withhold your degree or what ever as ransom until you pay.

Kinda like ticket with the City, they can withhold renewal of you licence til you pay up.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by buh_buh
    no use fighting a parking ticket.
    And I'm pretty sure your not allowed to park in spots that aren't stalls at MRC. Everytime I see a car parked like that they get a ticket.
    Yeah, the first couple days I didn't see them getting tickets, but lately I always see them with tickets.

If I wasn't planning on going there next year would it matter if I got a ticket like next week and I decided not to pay?

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Originally posted by Ferio_vti
    Do you attend MRC??
    I don't attend U or SAIT, so I don't bother paying. Its a private institute and they can't do jack to me and make me pay.

But if you do attend, I would pay it.
    I was take a law class at the U and the prof was telling us that if you attend there and have outstanding tickets, they can withhold your degree or what ever as ransom until you pay.

Kinda like ticket with the City, they can withhold renewal of you licence til you pay up.
    Mount Royal lots are enforced by the City of Calgary so if you don't pay it they'll do exactly what you just mentioned, withhold your renewal.

When I went to UofC I got a ticket last April 29 and I didn't pay it....didn't do anything to me at all. But UofC lots are enforced by the UofC and not the City.

I think its because first couple days of school parking guys don't care. First couple days of school people parked on the grass and stuff and nobody cared. But then after a couple days everyone that was parked illegally got tickets.

And MRC lots ARE owned by the city and all tickets are issued by the city of calgary, so you would have to pay them.

My Ride
    335i

You can fight a parking ticket! My friend got off a couple of them while at Sait. He goes down to the security office and complains there, and they make him fill out a form. Usually if the campus security believes you have a point, they will give you the form to fill out, and your ticket is quashed.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

I didn't know MRC is run by the City. Thanks.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    '99 Civic HB, '95 Odyssey

I was really happy about getting a parking ticket at MRC on the same day that some little prick tried to break into my car. Got to the can and found both the damage AND the ticket.

U of C has a first one's free policy on their parking violations (believe me; I've used their system). 1st time after that is $10, 2nd is $20 and everything after that is $30. The great part is you can pay it back down to $0 and start all over (or just keep paying the $10 every other time). Then again, I'm sure they've changed those rules since my days there.

I got out of one city parking ticke because the officer put the wrong date on the ticket. It seems to me that Calgary as a whole is pretty sticky on it's parking so is they've gotcha, yer not getting out of it easily.

Greg

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

Originally posted by szw
    I have lots of tickets from there, but too lazy to pay them.
    its a principle thing, they take enough money from me as it is!
    that's what i was thinking
    then the asshole who target's my car went out and towed my car from art parkade. i know it's the same guy everytime because it's the same id thing on the tickets. they towed my car so i had to get it back, and they ask you for your student ID #. if this happens to you, tell them you don't go to school there and your sister does. i made the mistake of giving them my ID# and they withheld my account so i couldn't register

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Default Re: parking ticket

Originally posted by M68KACIA
    Just wondering......

Have any of you guys fought off a parking ticket???

I got a couple within 3 days of each other and fought them and didn't have to pay.

I just went to the webite address on the ticket and e-mailed them explaining that I shouldn't be at fault and they called me to say they were both void.

My Ride
    CIVIC

if its a ticket from city of calgary u cant fight it but if its the other ones just rip the ticket up and dont park in that area again

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Light_Speed
    if its a ticket from city of calgary u cant fight it but if its the other ones just rip the ticket up and dont park in that area again
    the 2 tickets I fought and won were from the city.