Quantcast
A Serious Volkswagen Rant - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: A Serious Volkswagen Rant

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Originally posted by Khyron

Owning a VW is like being in prison. You either join a gang (club) and work as a team, or you end up getting raped in the laundry room by Bubba.

Khyron
    LOL! Good quote Khyron.

I call it VW Roulette - you know you have the loaded gun and it's a matter of time......

Fingers crossed - two more years on my lease that nothing else happens to my VW.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

I actually like mine and won't be trading it in, unless it's for the new MKV. But I have time to keep up on the forums, I bought the factory scan tool and don't mind doing small stuff myself. That's a pain for many people though. At least you don't need to worry about trannys falling out or blowing head gaskets.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

ah, its true what they say, pay for the car once, pay for the car twice in parts and service!

ive had to learn a lot of dumb, little fixes myself, and find a backyard vw tech to do the other dirty work for me.

if only diesels were more prevailant in other models, id be hooked.

as it is, im sticking with my 97 diesel jetta for now.

http://www.myvwlemon.com/
    http://www.suckercars.com/index.pl/lemon_cars

and, sputnik, there are probably twice as many people who have a beef with vw can or vw of usa over their shoddy parts, workmanship and service than there are satisfied, willing to buy another customers.

if you dont believe me, look it up.

google is your friend.

hockeybronx, sorry youre having to learn the hard way - like i told you in pm, hook up with my vw tech on the side - he'll help you out if he can.

rico
    Last edited by ricosuave; 09-01-2005 at 10:47 PM.

My Ride
    1999 Pontiac Grand Am

Owning a VW is like being in prison. You either join a gang (club) and work as a team, or you end up getting raped in the laundry room by Bubba.

Khyron
    Hey, how did you know I was in prison?

But I love VWs but I never had any problems with mine. Although mine was an 86, so it doesn't really count much. There is a girl that comes through the drive thru at Tims and the only problem she has with her 2000 1.8t Jetta is that her windshield wiper motor went on her.
    I like Chicken
    I like Liver
    Meow Mix Meow Mix
    Please Deliver

Originally posted by fingirl
    Contrary to what my son may have said about me, I'm very literate and intelligent. The only thing fishy around here is that aroma coming from my crotch area.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by BubbaSTi
    But I love VWs but I never had any problems with mine. Although mine was an 86, so it doesn't really count much. There is a girl that comes through the drive thru at Tims and the only problem she has with her 2000 1.8t Jetta is that her windshield wiper motor went on her.
    Yeah I agree, with my Jetta I haven't had a single mechanical problem or even close call since I bought the car. It seems like it's just these minor problems that you don't expect to break that cause so much grief.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

ANOTHER HUGE UPDATE

After my dad absolutely lost it in a message to the owner of Southcentre Fine Cars, he phoned my dad back and left a message apologizing for the inconvenience and:

"we will be happy to refund all of your sons $190.00, and my service manager would like to replace the drivers side free of charge".

In return, my dad was so pleased with this result he has put a hold on an 2002 Cabrio for my mom... chances are they'll buy it on Wednesday.

So the trade-off was us having to scratch and fight to get a refund, they give us a refund and my dad buys another VW from them

Well I guess after all the complaining I did, the end result makes me a satisfied customer.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by hockeybronx

Yeah I agree, with my Jetta I haven't had a single mechanical problem or even close call since I bought the car. It seems like it's just these minor problems that you don't expect to break that cause so much grief.
    I think that's the biggest complaint with most VW owners - mechanically, I think the 2.0L engine is one of the best and most successful designs ever used by VW and has been in service for decades now. The little quirks are the ones that get VW owners, however. Glad that you got things worked out, but rewarding VW after your ordeal with another purchase? LOL, not sure I get your dad's rationale
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    but rewarding VW after your ordeal with another purchase? LOL, not sure I get your dad's rationale
    Not sure if I do either, but it's his $25,000 and not mine

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    I consider VW owners nazi sympathizers j/k I mean it's no secret the company was founded by Hitler

how about the Mitsubishi fighters & Nakajima (fuji heavy metal industries(aka Subaru) bombers used in Pearl Harbor ?
    ninja trainers motto

always be able to kill your students

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks
    how about the Mitsubishi fighters & Nakajima (fuji heavy metal industries(aka Subaru) bombers used in Pearl Harbor ?

Why you gotta talk all bad bout the Mitsu's...haha

BUT that does explain the whole DSM's being "bombs waiting to blow up owners wallets"
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Haha hope he used the warranty letter!

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    99.5 double black gti

For me it was easy - I did my research on the vortex and basically the consensus was that replacing the window clips was covered by Volkswagen of Canada. The first step is phoning VW Canada and explaining the situation

As I understand it, Volkswagen of Canada is the one paying for these repairs and the dealerships charge it back to Volkswagen of Canada. Otherwise the dealership is eating the cost themselves (I think). Which looks even better for the dealership you're dealing with.

In any case, my car is a 99.5 as well and was out of warranty when I had both clips replaced and the MAF as well (I've got a VR6).
    Last edited by B Dubbin; 09-04-2005 at 11:17 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3