Quantcast
Insurance (Auto and Home) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance (Auto and Home)

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

wait? Didn't Touchstone just switch everyone over to Intact last year or the year before? I can't recall, but I know it was recently, and the old provider was aviva?

Are we all switching over to a new provider again? This is the first I have heard of it.

And, +1 for Touchstone. Always been awesome, and Bill has put up with a lot of my annoying shit, and I have always gotten same day call backs.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Dena or Deanna or whatever her name is there is also very helpful. She got me temp pink cards once. If you ever have trouble getting "your person", just call front desk and let them know it's urgent, they pretty much always have someone good around.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I went through MaskedBandit and he saved me ~40% on home/auto compared to TD. He also answers all my annoying questions I'd definitely suggesting getting a quote from him. The actual provider I am with is Intact via his brokerage.
    +2 Bill.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    wait? Didn't Touchstone just switch everyone over to Intact last year or the year before? I can't recall, but I know it was recently, and the old provider was aviva?

Are we all switching over to a new provider again? This is the first I have heard of it.

And, +1 for Touchstone. Always been awesome, and Bill has put up with a lot of my annoying shit, and I have always gotten same day call backs.
    Yes. I was with Aviva when I first signed up with Touchstone. Then they switched to Intact. I remember Bill saying something about how he didnt like how Aviva handled claims or etc so he switched all to Intact for better service. AS for the Pembridge one, I have no idea if everyone is getting switched or not, but in my case I was to save $1400 on home/auto.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can confirm Aviva was a disaster for home insurance claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride

Yayyyyyyy My pink slips/renewal finally arrived!! I've never had a bill that said "Due date upon receipt" before.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    TDi

I'm with Brokerlink? and they had us on Aviva, but let us know they would be switching us to Intact because they no longer deal with Aviva. Might have to give Touchstone a call for a quote before my policies expire
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Darren is also my guy. He’s been decent, seems annoyed sometimes. Whatever.

He saved me about 7% over Meloche Monnex.

He does seem either busy or scattered.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    AS for the Pembridge one, I have no idea if everyone is getting switched or not, but in my case I was to save $1400 on home/auto.
    Holy fuck. Going from Intact to Pembridge saved you that much? How many cars/homes/toys etc?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Holy fuck. Going from Intact to Pembridge saved you that much? How many cars/homes/toys etc?
    1 home
    2 cars. 1 car is just comprehensive/parking

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

1 home
    Jeeze, I hope I get a call from @Masked Bandit telling me I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico, I mean, Pembridge...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

I used Touchstone for years and 100% agree that they’re awesome, Bill is very thorough and always answered my Q’s. He runs a tight ship and as a result I think he’s grown a very successful business.

I was sorry to leave but I’m tight on cash and just couldn’t justify paying Economical nearly double for identicle coverage. My coverage is Liability only - payment went from $1458 w/ economical to $779 w/ Portage. If touchstone becomes a broker for Portage in the future I’d definitely use them again.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

1 home
    Damn man that's nuts, I hate to ask what you were paying before.

I have 1 2010 vehicle w/ full coverage, rental coverage for the condo and tenant coverage. Not that I'd save $1,400 by switching because I'm pretty close to that number but per year lol. Though I rarely drive now which helps I think and everything else is pretty minimal coverage. I'm with Intact.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

I have 1 2010 vehicle w/ full coverage, rental coverage for the condo and tenant coverage. Not that I'd save $1,400 by switching because I'm pretty close to that number but per year lol. Though I rarely drive now which helps I think and everything else is pretty minimal coverage. I'm with Intact.

That is what Darren quoted me when he shopped my policy around back in May. I'll have to look through my old Intact bills to confirm. I can double check the savings with the home policy but for Auto policy, I don't think I'll have a way to check that for sure as I purchased a new vehicle in 2017. So all the previous years was driving my old beater 2002 SUV vs now.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

IIRC, for my 2015 Focus, 2016 F150, and my house insurance, I am somewhere around $2500.00 a year. Would be sweet if I could save a chunk off that.

*edit* what's funny, I remember at 16 (24 years ago), I remember getting quoted that amount for just PLPD with my first vehicle and thinking how expensive that was LOL
    Last edited by spikerS; 08-23-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride

IIRC, for my 2015 Focus, 2016 F150, and my house insurance, I am somewhere around $2500.00 a year. Would be sweet if I could save a chunk off that.

*edit* what's funny, I remember at 16 (24 years ago), I remember getting quoted that amount for just PLPD with my first vehicle and thinking how expensive that was LOL
    I'm around the same for all. $2700ish.

And yes, I remember paying $3400/year full coverage on my 1988 Nissan Multi. My parents had setup the policy and I had no idea about insurance at the time so I paid it. Wow was I shocked when I decided to get my own policy and how cheap it was just getting 1 way on my POS lol.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-23-2018 at 04:17 PM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Christ, with a pair of 2006s and a 1994 (comprehensive only) plus home insurance, we're at $5,400/yr. What the hell.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Christ, with a pair of 2006s and a 1994 (comprehensive only) plus home insurance, we're at $5,400/yr. What the hell.
    Both @baygirl and I are rated 5* drivers with zero demerits, and zero at fault claims, ever.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Both @baygirl and I are rated 5* drivers with zero demerits, and zero at fault claims, ever.
    Same. Zero tickets, zero demerits, zero accidents of any stripe, one $1500 hail claim a decade ago.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Still apples to oranges. Not all home insurance is the same, also having a lower deductible carries a higher cost for your auto's

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast