Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 56 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 56 of 985 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Also similar to Come See My Peen.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quite a good read about life in Wuhan after the quarantine

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...living-in-hell

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Another cruise ship stranded. This time off San Francisco.I wonder which one Shakalaka is on.
    Damn really eh? I got back on Sunday without issues..well except a delayed flight and delayed luggage but no virus related issues..so far anyway. I took the cruise from Galveston, Texas.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

My buddy lives in Jordan but his kids were in Italy visiting his grandparents.

Now his kids aren't allowed to come home to Jordan.

He's sorting out a workaround by travelling elsewhere for a few weeks first but what a F'd up situation to not be able to see your kids or get them out of an outbreak area!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Shit just got real. Now it's messing with your morning coffee.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200305-081030.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  35.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Two major electronic music festivals just got cancelled from the outbreak, Ultra Music Fest in Miami and Tomorrowland winter in France. Both are pretty big festivals (70k and 20k respectively) and attract international attendees from around the world.

A lot of salty people whining over it but probably for the best. A few people being infected could spread it to many countries that otherwise don't have outbreaks yet. I think a few years ago Ultra bragged they had attendees from 60 or 80 countries around the world.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I heard in the elevator yesterday that a significant intermediate E&P has banned travel to restricted places. People were pretty pissed off about their Italy travel plans being nerfed

People coming back are on mandatory 14 day quarantine from office, and people who choose to go to places against company recommendations get to take the 14 post trip quarantine period out of their vacation time.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quite a few companies have implemented travel bans.
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

I heard in the elevator yesterday that a significant intermediate E&P has banned travel to restricted places. People were pretty pissed off about their Italy travel plans being nerfed

People coming back are on mandatory 14 day quarantine from office, and people who choose to go to places against company recommendations get to take the 14 post trip quarantine period out of their vacation time.
    your company can fire you with cause if you ignore their company policy on travelling. Not sure why someone would risk travelling to a hot spot as well as risk your job.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Quite a few companies have implemented travel bans.
    I'd say most have at this point.

RIP 100K Super Elite Status.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone work somewhere that has a travel ban to USA? My company has a lot of people who are back and forth to China, so obviously that's been cancelled, but the rest of the travel is still wide open.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Manulife just announced as of tomorrow they are no longer covering corona virus related cancellations on new travel insurance policies (still covered for people that bought before tomorrow)

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Anyone work somewhere that has a travel ban to USA? My company has a lot of people who are back and forth to China, so obviously that's been cancelled, but the rest of the travel is still wide open.
    I know several that has banned all international travel including US.

Honestly, NY is so cheap to go to right now I'm tempted to take a weekend vacation there, but that's probably a dick move. Yotel has rooms at $80/night.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    He's sorting out a workaround by travelling elsewhere for a few weeks first but what a F'd up situation to not be able to see your kids or get them out of an outbreak area!
    This is why international travel has stopped. It's never about catching the virus. It's getting stranded by daily rule changes.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    My Wife is just travelling back from NY with her Company, no issues.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

We’re doing a mandatory “everyone working from home” test day next week.... here is to hoping it’s the most efficient workday in history so I can work from home regularly in the future

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Name:  F044F06A-708B-4FE2-8846-8BDFF79A12A4.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  52.5 KB

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Name:  F044F06A-708B-4FE2-8846-8BDFF79A12A4.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  52.5 KB
    US is doing such a shitty job. In all of New York City they've still only tested 33 people as of 10am this morning.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/health...ronavirus.page

So, around 0.1% (roughly) of these populations are getting tested and still nobody is questioning the accuracy of the death rates? What am I missing here? When both the majority of the population AND the majority of infected people aren't getting tested, the denominator used to calculate the death rate is way too small, giving you an inflated percentage. It makes mathematical sense and is also consistent with what PhD Scientists are saying who have spent decades studying this exact thing. Most countries are still only testing people with severe symptoms (understandably), but since the majority of people who get the virus don't even go to the hospital and/or never get tested, you can't just ignore that especially when it is by far the largest data set necessary for an accurate calculation.

This is the profile on the PhD scientist and Biomathematician who appeared on the podcast that I mentioned earlier - her area of focus is literally disease forecasting and surveillance and she has particular expertise surrounding respiratory viruses and influenza, including all previous similar outbreaks (SARS, MERS, Ebola, etc.):

Cecile Viboud is a senior research scientist in the Division of International Epidemiology and Population Studies of the Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health, USA. Her research focuses on the epidemiology and transmission dynamics of acute viral infections, at the interface of public health and computational modeling. Her work has primarily concentrated on the epidemiology of respiratory viruses and pandemic influenza, but she has recently become interested in the potential of Big Data to strengthen infectious disease surveillance and forecasting approaches.

A native of France, she received an engineer degree in biomedical technologies from the University of Lyon (1998), a Master of Public Health (1999) and a PhD in Biomathematics (2003) from Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France.

I personally think what she had to say made a lot of sense, especially given her career experience, but her email is listed here if any of you want to tell her she's full of shit haha:
    http://misms.net/staff/cecile-viboud/

I'm not trying to downplay or diminish anything, I am simply interested in seeing objective and accurate data, which I don't believe is even possible to have this early on when most people who are infected are not being tested.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

For those that keep parroting the regular flu kills more people every year.

In one of the worst seasons (2018) for flu it killed 30 people in one week in Italy with 832.000 infected. Coronavirus just killed 41 individuals in a single day within the same population with only 3858 infection cases.
    Even if the infection cases are under-reported because only testing symptomatic people it doesn't change the fact that people are dying.

Source for 2018 numbers: https://www.thelocal.it/20180119/ita...on-in-14-years

Page 56 of 985 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast