Quantcast
Cheapskate Confessional - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheapskate Confessional

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by eblend

I tell you, only you get a bidet, you never go back. Shitty anywhere but home feels so dirty, especially with the cheap ass toilet paper
    Bidet isn't as clean. Best way is to wipe, then go in the tub with the warm water from the tap spraying down with enough pressure, then you squat down butt facing the tap, and use your hand lathered with bar soap to clean your ass and use a cupping motion to redirect the rushing water to rinse off your clean sphincter and butt region.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 03:03 PM.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by Disoblige

Bidet isn't as clean. Best way is to wipe, then go in the tub with the warm water from the tap spraying down with enough pressure, then you squat down butt facing the tap, and use your hand lathered with bar soap to clean your ass and use a cupping motion to redirect the rushing water to rinse off your clean sphincter and butt region.
    I do this every time and I shit multiply times a day. So hard to do this at work in the sink though.
    -U

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    That is kind of the point

BestBuy recently rang up something I was buying for over 100$ less than it was supposed to be... instead of being quiet and running out of the store with it, I informed them on the spot.

They have always demonstrated solid ethics and values with me, and I've never had an issue with returning defective products; so I reutrned the favor.
    So if the Walmart person that processed your sale gets fired because of your bogus return, what then? Are the people that are employed by Walmart that much less worthy of your moral standards?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 03:04 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.
    Their boyfriends must be happy about it.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

I disagree in this specific case,

Walmart send it back to the manufacterer as defective, the cost is incured by them, and not Walmart.

On top of all that they are the ones selling sub-par products, ergo they are the ones defrauding customers in the first place.

It is total BS, and I don't think I should be on the hook paying for a manufacturer defect because it is 3 or 4 days past the return date and some clown at customer service was in a bad mood.

I bought a 75$ SD card once from Walmart, it was DOA... they refused to refund it because it had been opened and they have some useless policy about that. You tell me if that is fair.

FYI: I did not return an SD card to them, I got burned on that one.

Fuck Walmart
    Who told you they can send it back to the manufacturer? With your SD card, why didn't you contact the SD card maker? Without exception I've had excellent luck dealing with the manufacturers.

With your BestBuy Purchase, they should have given it to you at the lower price as per the Consumer Scanning Practices. I know Futureshop did with me when they screwed up on the Xbox 360 controllers. They had them for $14.99 for a charge and play. Good deal for me.
    Last edited by codetrap; 11-14-2014 at 01:18 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Their boyfriends must be happy about it.
    You could eat a salad off my asshole it's so clean.
    -U

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 03:04 PM.

My Ride

What do you think happens to products that are defective when they are returned? Do you think Wal-mart eats the cost, lol?

I left that SD card there and told them they could keep it and hang it on the wall as a reminder of their shitty customer service
    Actually, in a lot of cases I'm sure they do eat the cost. It is dependent on the vendor contract, but I'm pretty sure that in the vast majority of cases it's not economically viable for them to go through the hassle of shipping stuff back to the manufacturer in both terms of shipping cost and the man-hours it would take. So yes, they're most likely eating the cost.

No matter what you try to say to justify it, it's wrong, and it's fraud. Doesn't matter that it happened a long time ago and you felt you were justified. It's still fraud. It's interesting in that pretty much every single time I've encountered someone doing something wrong like this committing fraud they've always and I mean without exception, been convinced that they were somehow justified or that they were entitled to it. Even while they were being led away in handcuffs, they were still exclaiming their innocence. Human nature to attempt to rationalize it...
    Last edited by codetrap; 11-14-2014 at 01:18 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Unknown303
    You could eat a salad off my asshole it's so clean.
    Toss one even I imagine.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Hatred

Toss one even I imagine.
    I could probably even shake a martini in it.
    -U

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Why do you care so much about sugarphreak and his returns codetrap??

You pissed that he is balling and you arent?
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Unknown303
    I could probably even shake a martini in it.
    A dirty martini.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Originally posted by codetrap
    Actually, in a lot of cases I'm sure they do eat the cost. It is dependent on the vendor contract, but I'm pretty sure that in the vast majority of cases it's not economically viable for them to go through the hassle of shipping stuff back to the manufacturer in both terms of shipping cost and the man-hours it would take. So yes, they're most likely eating the cost.

No matter what you try to say to justify it, it's wrong, and it's fraud. Doesn't matter that it happened a long time ago and you felt you were justified. It's still fraud. It's interesting in that pretty much every single time I've encountered someone doing something wrong like this committing fraud they've always and I mean without exception, been convinced that they were somehow justified or that they were entitled to it. Even while they were being led away in handcuffs, they were still exclaiming their innocence. Human nature to attempt to rationalize it...
    I would have to agree with you for the most part on the morals issue and obviously the legality of it. Sure in most cases people are trying to pull a scam, but in Sugarphreaks case and a lot of others including myself, feel like WE got scammed. Just because they have legally covered their asses, knowing that their product may only last as long as the warranty they give or return policy allows, almost seems to question their morals sometimes as well. Sure we buy the stuff knowing the policy but can't help sometimes feeling I got fucked over.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Originally posted by codetrap
    I have read that Walmart has six return centers in the US (not sure about Canada) where all returns go to.

There they are sorted as return to vendor for credit, donation to United Way, recycle or landfill.

Sears returns used to (as of 2010) process returns from the store through the returns department where if was sorted into three categories-back to stock, outlet store or scrap. Many times a digital camera or camcorder was returned sans memory card, batteries or replaced with a box of staples!

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

I disagree in this specific case,

Walmart send it back to the manufacterer as defective, the cost is incured by them, and not Walmart.

On top of all that they are the ones selling sub-par products, ergo they are the ones defrauding customers in the first place.

It is total BS, and I don't think I should be on the hook paying for a manufacturer defect because it is 3 or 4 days past the return date and some clown at customer service was in a bad mood.

I bought a 75$ SD card once from Walmart, it was DOA... they refused to refund it because it had been opened and they have some useless policy about that. You tell me if that is fair.

FYI: I did not return an SD card to them, I got burned on that one.

Fuck Walmart
    You do realize that stores are cracking down on taking back opened products because of return fraud, right? And codetrap is right, in the majority of cases stores eat the cost because it's not worth the hassle.

As for the clown at customer service being in a bad mood, you need to remember they don't make the policies, they just follow them. If you want results, speak to the department or store manager. Even the customer service manager is generally useless in these situations. Another tip: smile and be friendly, that will get you further than making demands.
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride

I guess you win... you are holier than thou
    I stood up to what I felt was a moral and ethical injustice
    I just wanted to make sure that something is clear here. I'm not judging YOU. Just the action and the assumption that it's ethical and not illegal. We've all done stuff that was wrong in our pasts, and that's fine if we can admit we were wrong and learn from them. I'm also really surprised that you'd actually admit to something like that in a public forum. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Originally posted by R154
    Why do you care so much about sugarphreak and his returns codetrap??
    You pissed that he is balling and you aren't?
    Nope. I just think it's a really good conversation which is far more interesting than the BGP audit I'm working on now. But since I can do both.....

Originally posted by Moonracer
    I would have to agree with you for the most part on the morals issue and obviously the legality of it. Sure in most cases people are trying to pull a scam, but in Sugarphreaks case and a lot of others including myself, feel like WE got scammed. Just because they have legally covered their asses, knowing that their product may only last as long as the warranty they give or return policy allows, almost seems to question their morals sometimes as well. Sure we buy the stuff knowing the policy but can't help sometimes feeling I got fucked over.
    I totally understand where you're coming from, I've been there too. Planned obsolescence is utterly retarded, and I would love to see it go away.

I guess for me it's more of a place that I'm at in my life. I'm a Dad now, and I'm responsible for instilling good ethics into my kids. I'm their role model, both for the types of decisions they're going to make in the future, and the type of man they're going to end up with. I want that to be a good man. One who know's what is right and what is wrong, and is willing to stand up for it.

I highly suspect in Sugarphreaks case that back when it happened he was caught up in being angry at them and didn't really think it through. Ultimately, the example that he set says "it's ok to cheat someone you don't like". I highly doubt that's how he looked at it at the time, and he probably wouldn't do it again. No matter what, it's an interesting discussion.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast