Quantcast
Blue Cross Physio - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Blue Cross Physio

My Ride
    Eclipse

Default Blue Cross Physio

If I go to the hospital for physio, is this paid for by the government, or does it come straight from my pocket?

Becuase I went a few days ago, and the lady made me move my finger around.. And its pretty pointless...
    Its in the Foothills Medical Centre

Sorry if this is the wrong section...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

For Physio AHC should cover the first 2 visits, plus an evaluation. It used to be 6 free visits, but they changed that....

You can get extensions on this, based on your assessment. However I think it is for people is desperate need (In the Community Rehabilitation Program).

After that, your Blue Cross coverage will kick in. At that point, you only receive so much per visit, my coverage through Blue Cross is $25/visit, $500/year.

My Ride
    Eclipse

I just got there #.. its fully covered by Blue cross...

Fuck, This is stupid tho.. I'm gunna miss even so much work for this, for them to tell me to move my finger up and down..

Well give it another shot and see how it goes
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

What injury are you trying to get treated? Is it from that fight you were in not too long ago?

I've never heard of someone going to physio for a finger, if it's only your finger that's troubling you then I'm sure you can do most of the treatment by yourself.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Basically,

CHR only covers treatment for fractures, Surgeries and Low Income. If you don't fit into any of those then you have to pay and get reumbersed from your extanded health care(Blue Cross)

Make sure you get the treament and make sure the Therapist says your good to continue at home before you discontinue treatment. Most people have a few treatments, start to feel better and then just stop going. That leads to problems down the raod cus the injury will not be fully healed or you won't have full range of motion and you'll end up needing treatment later but it will be 10x worse

Jason
    [imghttp://www.ubersupra.com/misc/logo1.gif[/img]
    Jay Ferguson
    [email protected]
    403.291.5646 local
    877.CMS.7222 toll free

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by SUPRAPHAT
    Basically,

CHR only covers treatment for fractures, Surgeries and Low Income. If you don't fit into any of those then you have to pay and get reumbersed from your extanded health care(Blue Cross)

Make sure you get the treament and make sure the Therapist says your good to continue at home before you discontinue treatment. Most people have a few treatments, start to feel better and then just stop going. That leads to problems down the raod cus the injury will not be fully healed or you won't have full range of motion and you'll end up needing treatment later but it will be 10x worse

Jason
    Mannn, you dont need physio on a finger, ive fractured my knuckles twice and broke two fingers and only had one fracture splinted and one break splinted, and have no problesm what so ever. as long as you dont punch anything for a while your ok.

EDIT: but if you hurt your wrist i highly suggest following anything any doctor says. i can barely open my car door with one hand from an injury 4 months ago
    Last edited by snowboard; 09-14-2005 at 03:17 PM.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by hockeybronx
    What injury are you trying to get treated? Is it from that fight you were in not too long ago?

I've never heard of someone going to physio for a finger, if it's only your finger that's troubling you then I'm sure you can do most of the treatment by yourself.
    They are treating my finger... My nail had to be removed, cleaned, it was a pretty big open wound on the side of my finger... Anyways, the first time i went in, the lady made me do finger exercises.. I was like WTFFFFF.. Its really pointless...

Basically,

Jason
    My finger was fractured becuase the guy landed on me outside, and my hand was fractured becuase of a couple punches that were thrown...

Was gets me is, its been two and a half weeks, I'v been in a split for my hand.. It is snow feeling 100% better, I can move the fingers perfectly, without them hurting, and they want to put me into another splint.. They want to give me a plastic one... Its not even about the money... I think its stupid, they are telling me to get another cast, without doing X-rays again or anything...

Originally posted by snowboard

Mannn, you dont need physio on a finger, ive fractured my knuckles twice and broke two fingers and only had one fracture splinted and one break splinted, and have no problesm what so ever. as long as you dont punch anything for a while your ok.

EDIT: but if you hurt your wrist i highly suggest following anything any doctor says. i can barely open my car door with one hand from an injury 4 months ago
    My wrist was not hurt, was not sprained.. It was my hand that had a fracture in it, and my finger...

They lady was getting me to move my finger up and in, trying to make a fist, which was I was doing perfectly almost.. (Kind of hard when you havn't moved 3 fingers for a while)

They want me to come in again, for physio on my finger, so she can show me what to do..

They have set up an apointment for me on friday morning, monday in the day, and wendesday...

Is this really nessesarry... I'm thinking about just going to the one on monday, as that is the doctor that treated me first...

She wraped my whole finger, and now wants me to pratice making a fist... I Don't know if it was her first day or something???

Should I cancel the finger apointments? I know I'm not going to be putting on another cast.. No way in hell..

I need to work right now, Just picked up a new car, need to save some cash, pay it off.. Since I'm going on EI in less then 2 months...

My hand, and finger as it is right now.

This is what was broken before, I couldn't move my fingers...

The cast I was in for the last 2 1/2 weeks

The fracture in my hand was not even bad at all, the doctor said it should take about 2 weeks to heel...
    Last edited by Kobe; 09-14-2005 at 03:45 PM.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

So you had a boxxers fracture right?
    Where your knuckles are pressed back into your hand and it looks like you just have on big knuckle haha

My Ride
    1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Originally posted by snowboard

haha, as Kobe said, it can be difficult to move your fingers after they have been in a cast, if you don't get your fingers to fill ROM, then they generally won't get full ROM ever.

Some injuries to the hand are worse than others but in general, make sure you have full ROM and make sure there isn't any pain.

I see this stuff everyday man, I work at a physical therapy clinic, lol

Jason
    Jay Ferguson
    [email protected]
    403.291.5646 local
    877.CMS.7222 toll free

My Ride
    Eclipse

haha, as Kobe said, it can be difficult to move your fingers after they have been in a cast, if you don't get your fingers to fill ROM, then they generally won't get full ROM ever.

Some injuries to the hand are worse than others but in general, make sure you have full ROM and make sure there isn't any pain.

Jason
    I'v had my cast off all day, and I can put my fingers in all the way no problem...
    Doesn't hurt.. feels normal now...

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Jason
    Ok you win you work at a physio place lol

But ive smashed my hand super bad and never done physio, just worked on moving it and using it normally as soon as i could remove the cast.

My Ride
    1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Originally posted by Kobe

I'v had my cast off all day, and I can put my fingers in all the way no problem...
    Doesn't hurt.. feels normal now...
    Well then I'd prolly just go for one more treatment, talk to her, let her know you'll do the rest at home and for her to give you the home exercises you will need.

You should be good then

Jason
    Jay Ferguson
    [email protected]
    403.291.5646 local
    877.CMS.7222 toll free

My Ride
    Eclipse

Well then I'd prolly just go for one more treatment, talk to her, let her know you'll do the rest at home and for her to give you the home exercises you will need.

You should be good then

Jason
    Sounds good, I'm gunna go in on friday...
    Thanks

My Ride
    1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

no worries, let us know if you encounter any problems

Jason
    Jay Ferguson
    [email protected]
    403.291.5646 local
    877.CMS.7222 toll free

My Ride
    Eclipse

Should I go in with my splint, or without???