Quantcast
5th Avenue Connector for Bow Trail Users - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 5th Avenue Connector for Bow Trail Users

Default 5th Avenue Connector for Bow Trail Users

For those of you who take bow trail into the downtown core during the morning rush hour. Today (Friday, September 15th) is the opening of the trial lane reversal otherwise known as the 5th Avenue Morning connector.

Check out this map:

http://www.calgary.ca/docgallery/Bu/...nector_leg.pdf

For those that normally get onto 5th avenue via 9th avenue, this should be much quicker, less lights and traffic flow should be better so start using it!

For those that stay on the southern end of the downtown core for their morning commute, the drivers that now take the 5th avenue connector should relieve some traffic congestion on 9th avenue right by 10th street that backs all the way up bow trail to past the greyhound station.
    ---

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

it sucks dont do it! I took it this morning and it took me longer and the traffic was really light!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Worked pretty good for me. Although the damn c-train crossing at 5th ave and 9th street there seems to own everyone. Stops traffic like every 2 mins.

Took the connector route pretty hard. Neat road, kinda reminds me of Ridge Racer.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    Worked pretty good for me. Although the damn c-train crossing at 5th ave and 9th street there seems to own everyone. Stops traffic like every 2 mins.
    It is intentional to stop traffic every 2 min partly to convince car drivers to switch to taking the train.

I didn't see many people taking that connector off of 9th today. It didn't lighten up traffic much on 9th, but it was lighter than usual anyway because it's Friday.

Maybe on Monday it'll lighten traffic up a bit more. But I doubt it because everyone coming from bow trail will be squeezing into the right lane - it might make things worse for Crowchild users...

My Ride
    ...has a CVT :(

The connector is an ingenious idea, I just hope that people will be careful on Bow Trail when they see opposing traffic on the right! IMO the city's gotta sync the lights at the C-Train crossing and onwards to make the system work well. My GF said that she had to wait 3 lights to go through the crossing, so I guess the congestion has indeed shifted from 9th Ave to 5th Ave.

Although I don't work downtown, I would like to try driving the connector one morning just to see how well it works.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Rage, just buy that ultralight you were thinking about a while back and forget waiting for the train! That would be a pimp way to get to work!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Aleks
    Rage, just buy that ultralight you were thinking about a while back and forget waiting for the train! That would be a pimp way to get to work!
    haha until winter! lol
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Traffic was WAY light for me this morning (even taking into account that it was Friday). Great idea, to get slow pokes off 9th to get me to work!