Quantcast
Acura in Hong Kong & Taiwan - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Acura in Hong Kong & Taiwan

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Acura in Hong Kong & Taiwan

Originally posted by 98Max

Umm d00d, Hong Kong and Taiwan are NOT in Japan. Hong Kong is in China, and Taiwan is over there somewhere.
    Ya, while we were talking about acuras in HK (yes i know its in china) I just wanted to get that question out because I wasn't 100% sure on it.

Originally posted by max_boost

And as far as I know, Acura is branded as Honda in Japan
    Thanks MB wasn't 100% on that.

Here's the U.S. version...

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/autos.yaho...03/ACURSX2.jpg

I guess the difference looks like it's coming from the bumper and that version has side markers and darker headlights!
    Last edited by TEG_G2; 02-15-2003 at 12:16 PM.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

i hope u know none of those cars r in taiwan, cuz taiwan is all left hand drive cars like us. i drove there once, and illl never do it again, u have not experienced road rage until u are driving in a crowded country filled with all asians driving and traffic jams that last 3 hours on average, u can even walk on the freeway for 3 hours...

last time i went i didn't see acuras anywhere...

i did see a lot of EVO V being used as taxis though hahahaha

40 000 CDN isn't bad for that RSX.

None of you noticed, but that is a RSX Type-R. All Type-R's have that black housing and side markers.

At least I think it's a Type-R....
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    E36 4dr

Originally posted by Dope Dealer
    40 000 CDN isn't bad for that RSX.

None of you noticed, but that is a RSX Type-R. All Type-R's have that black housing and side markers.

At least I think it's a Type-R....
    it's just a plain jane RSX, look at the bill. If it was Type-R it would say it, just like it says Type-S for the above bill

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

wow great.....what are we looking at....rsx with jdm lights and a tl..whooopddeeddooo

Originally posted by Zephyr
    i hope u know none of those cars r in taiwan, cuz taiwan is all left hand drive cars like us. i drove there once, and illl never do it again, u have not experienced road rage until u are driving in a crowded country filled with all asians driving and traffic jams that last 3 hours on average, u can even walk on the freeway for 3 hours...

last time i went i didn't see acuras anywhere...

i did see a lot of EVO V being used as taxis though hahahaha
    Zephyr: You're probably right since the friend who told me about them isn't a car enthusiast, but has lived there 8 years. Last week I didn't see any over the 6 days I was in Kaohsiung, but I never saw any Audis or Volvos either. The cars she saw were probably Hondas rebadged by their owners.

I've driven in Taiwan on a scooter and in a car and it's nuts! However, it's getting better now that there are cops directing traffic at major intersections and the new helmet law came into effect. They've got a lot more red light cameras too. Most cabs I saw were Honda Citys in Kaohsiung.

Originally posted by vsmSIR
    wow great.....what are we looking at....rsx with jdm lights and a tl..whooopddeeddooo
    vsmSIR: This thread isn't about customized cars. You've missed the entire point of this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    MDX

haha they have honda city's in india too

Originally posted by MrX

it's just a plain jane RSX, look at the bill. If it was Type-R it would say it, just like it says Type-S for the above bill
    Yeah, I thought that too, but just thought it could be a Type-R.

It's about 17k more for a base model RSX there, than it is here. Crazy....
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Yeah, I thought that too, but just thought it could be a Type-R.

It's about 17k more for a base model RSX there, than it is here. Crazy....
    Stuff in Hongkong is crazy expensive compared to Canada! That is why its the most expensive city to live in! haha

Anyway, come on dude! We all know the Type-R is championship white, has Red Recaro seats, full kit, Type-R spoiler etc.etc.etc. haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Zephyr: You're probably right since the friend who told me about them isn't a car enthusiast, but has lived there 8 years. Last week I didn't see any over the 6 days I was in Kaohsiung, but I never saw any Audis or Volvos either. The cars she saw were probably Hondas rebadged by their owners.

I've driven in Taiwan on a scooter and in a car and it's nuts! However, it's getting better now that there are cops directing traffic at major intersections and the new helmet law came into effect. They've got a lot more red light cameras too. Most cabs I saw were Honda Citys in Kaohsiung.

vsmSIR: This thread isn't about customized cars. You've missed the entire point of this thread.
    the last time i was there was like back in 98 haha

Originally posted by max_boost

Stuff in Hongkong is crazy expensive compared to Canada! That is why its the most expensive city to live in! haha

Anyway, come on dude! We all know the Type-R is championship white, has Red Recaro seats, full kit, Type-R spoiler etc.etc.etc. haha
    Haha, I know.

I wasn't even thinking about that.

Type-R comes in ABP and Champ. White down there.

Some guy in Texas imported one from AUS (Champ. White w/ red Recaro). Sooo nice!

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

i missed no point, i could careless if there modded or not, but why are we looking at them...big deal...go to www.acura.com,,,same shit

Originally posted by vsmSIR
    i missed no point, i could careless if there modded or not, but why are we looking at them...big deal...go to www.acura.com,,,same shit
    Of course it's no big deal to you or me because we already have Acura here since the mid-eighties.

However, in HK they have just been introduced where they were not available before, and just about any type of car can be had in HK. Acura is a Honda's high-end brand for North America but their appearance in HK means Honda may be expanding the brand to other parts of the globe.

The equivalent significance of this would be like if Seat, Holden, or Vauxhall were to be introduced in Canada. No big deal to Europeans who already have them, but significant to the market they're being introduced to, and significant to the manufacturers.

yakish Guest

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    I believe the bumpers may be smaller than Canuck bumpers.

Here's an indication of how expensive cars are in Hong Kong(CDN$1 = HK$5 approx). Then you have to add HK taxes, which can double the price of car compared to something similar in Canada.
    pretty expensive

My Ride

only thing that is cool to me is the new Scion brand comming out first in california this June straight from Toyota. and then 2004 to the rest of the states and later on entire north america

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2