Quantcast
big accident by ikea? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: big accident by ikea?

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

RIP

Went to school with both guys. Didn't know Dustin that well but Michael and his twin brother Travis were really good people.

My Ride
    G35

spoke with him as well at race city, he was a nice guy RIP

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by rice_eater
    i understand that we will never be able to get everyone to not drink and drive, and that's not the end of the world, since after all most people do make it home just fine every time, positively reinforcing the idea in their head that they can keep doing it... sure keep doing it, but at least be smart about it. the smartest thing WOULD be to call a cab, but if you're stubborn and really wanna drive, at least be super slow about it, stay in your lane unless you absolutely have to and try to focus on the cars in front and follow what they're doing so sudden turns or stops dont take you by surprise. i let others drive if i'm wrecked, but if i only had a few drinks and maybe some weed that night, expect to see me in the slow lane, putting along on the way home, with not one close call ever! be smart people...be smart...
    Might as well jump on the bashing bandwagon here!

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by 88CRX

who was it? cause it wasnt ken
    No I met this guy thru the dc5 boys. He went out to RC 2 or 3 times this summer. Sad to have such a young life end!

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by Weasel
    I know I'm going to get yelled at here but zero tolerence is not the law and I drive most days after drinking. Going to the pub after work and having 2 beers and a burger in an hour and a half does not put me over the legal limit or make me in any way a danger to society or other drivers. Those who think it does aren't being logical. There is a reason it's 0.08, same as there is a reason that speed limits in from of play ground zones are set to 30km/hr. Driving over the legal limit I do not condone and I would love to see stiffer penalties but I doubt you would see the curb in the rate of drinking and driving ... people who drink and drive do not for the most part thing of what is going to happen to them when they get caught because they believe that they are fine to drive and won't get pulled over since they won't be doing anything illegal.
    , you can count on the limits to err on the conservative side. if they have been 0.08 for this long, theyve been the subject of much research by people more qualified than your average beyond poster. i dont feel any different after 1 beer than i do after 1 water. know your limits and be responsible, thats about all it takes.

My Ride
    SRT

yeah yeah yeah ban rice_eater..fuck off, i even got pulled over once by a checkstop, following my 3 beer max routine and guess what: the cop said i was good to go and i went home just fine. so BLOW ME

now go ahead and retwist my words over and over until you make it sound bad enough and banxxxorr me again

Just stop! Do you re-read anything you write? You sound like a fucking moron. I hope after your 3 beer max and a "couple" hits of some pot you go for a cruise in whatever you drive and fuck yourself up, dont get me wrong I dont wish death apon you, just that you never walk again, you fucking idiot.

Mods feel free to delete my post but this is fucking stupid that this bitch can come on here and say this shit. Reason for what I said... My mom was hit and killed by a fucking idiot like this guy just over 2 years ago, and I do not want anyone to go through what I had to.

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by riceeater
    yeah yeah yeah ban rice_eater..fuck off, i even got pulled over once by a checkstop, following my 3 beer max routine and guess what: the cop said i was good to go and i went home just fine. so BLOW ME

now go ahead and retwist my words over and over until you make it sound bad enough and banxxxorr me again
    you are pond scum, go play in traffic

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

holy fuck man, that is just wrong, you came back to beyond...just to fuck yourself again.

I hope that he doesn't hurt anyone but himself.

My Ride
    Mom-van

I like the way Saskatchewan has implemented a new driver program. When I got my license, I, along with every new driver, had a "probationary" license for a year. If you got into an accident, another year was added on. There were some restrictions on a probationary license but I don't remember what they were. All I know is that it was rather lenient.

In my first year on the road, I was in 2 accidents (1 50%, 1 100%) and got 2 speeding tickets. My probation was extended to 2 or 3 years, I can't remember now, and my insurance went up $400 that year. Ever since then, I have had an entirely clean record, and my insurance dropped $400 the next year immediately (which I think was a mistake, as far as I knew it was supposed to gradually come down, but I wasn't complaining). Anyway, as you can see, the probationary period there was quite lenient.

A couple years ago, they came up with a zero tolerance law for anyone on probation, and anyone 18 and younger. I think this is a great idea. And now it seems they're taking a few more precautions for new drivers with this new program. As much as I hate SGI with a passion, they give me cheap ass rates, and props to them for putting in a zero tolerance policy.

Check it out here
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

Originally posted by ~Leah~
    I like the way Saskatchewan has implemented a new driver program. When I got my license, I, along with every new driver, had a "probationary" license for a year. If you got into an accident, another year was added on. There were some restrictions on a probationary license but I don't remember what they were. All I know is that it was rather lenient.

In my first year on the road, I was in 2 accidents (1 50%, 1 100%) and got 2 speeding tickets. My probation was extended to 2 or 3 years, I can't remember now, and my insurance went up $400 that year. Ever since then, I have had an entirely clean record, and my insurance dropped $400 the next year immediately (which I think was a mistake, as far as I knew it was supposed to gradually come down, but I wasn't complaining). Anyway, as you can see, the probationary period there was quite lenient.

A couple years ago, they came up with a zero tolerance law for anyone on probation, and anyone 18 and younger. I think this is a great idea. And now it seems they're taking a few more precautions for new drivers with this new program. As much as I hate SGI with a passion, they give me cheap ass rates, and props to them for putting in a zero tolerance policy.

Check it out here
    yea when i was in regina there werent to many drunk driving fatalities maybe thats because it was such a small place i love sask's insurance driving regulation systems..Alberta should follow suite!

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

---------------------------------------------------------
    CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Charges have been laid by CPS in a recent collision that
    claimed the lives of two young people in the City of Calgary.

The collision and ensuing deaths occurred on October 29 in
    the 1200 block of Heritage Drive SE.

Charged in this incident is Matthew MORRISSETTE, 21 yrs old,
    of N.E. Calgary. This male is the driver of the Ford Mustang
    that collided with the Acura during an alleged street race
    at 2320 hours that date.

Charges consist of:
    1. Failure/Refusal to provide samples of breath for alcohol
    analysis. 254(3)(a) CC
    2. 2 charges of Impaired driving causing death 255(3) CC
    3. 2 charges of Dangerous driving causing death 249(4) CC
    4. 1 charge under the Traffic Safety Act of Racing on a
    Highway 115(2)(c)

Release by Insp. Paul Manuel

-30-

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by ryder_23
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Charges have been laid by CPS in a recent collision that
    claimed the lives of two young people in the City of Calgary.

The collision and ensuing deaths occurred on October 29 in
    the 1200 block of Heritage Drive SE.

Charged in this incident is Matthew MORRISSETTE, 21 yrs old,
    of N.E. Calgary. This male is the driver of the Ford Mustang
    that collided with the Acura during an alleged street race
    at 2320 hours that date.

Charges consist of:
    1. Failure/Refusal to provide samples of breath for alcohol
    analysis. 254(3)(a) CC
    2. 2 charges of Impaired driving causing death 255(3) CC
    3. 2 charges of Dangerous driving causing death 249(4) CC
    4. 1 charge under the Traffic Safety Act of Racing on a
    Highway 115(2)(c)

Release by Insp. Paul Manuel

-30-
    What an absolute fuking moron, useless to society except as an example.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4