Quantcast
JAYMEZ' Importing from the States thread. - Page 55 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 45 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1279

Thread: JAYMEZ' Importing from the States thread.

Yeah I'm pissed, but I aint fuckin with it anymore.. Not worth the headaches

So Im doing this on Sunday.. bought a car from Vegas, driving back ..

All paper work will be faxed to whitlash, got the seller to get the transport sticker from the DMV.

Good to go.. keep you guys updated let you know how it goes.

*******UPDATE*****

So I got my car shipped to a storage yard on the Sweetgrass boarder *Mikes Storage* It's right on the border (beside the duty free) and he only charges $21 for the week.

took it to the US side of the border where they stamp the Bill of Sale and Title *quick only took 5 mins

Drove up the Canadian Side told them what I was doing, filled out a bunch of paper *form 1*

Paid the 5% GST, asked a few questions about where I saw the ad, how I paid for it etc etc. took about 30 mins

Paid my Riv fee around $200, will get my inspection done at Canadian Tire, and get it registered.

Notes:
    Rem to get a "In Transit Registration" prior to picking up your car from the border.

Rem to Drop by the US side before going to the Canadian side.

Riv.ca for all the info, and Beyond too.
    Last edited by Gorilla; 06-16-2010 at 08:04 AM.

It's OK ! I like this forum ! Thank you ! Maurice.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Anyone use a LOC to purchase a car from the US? What about a loan from the bank?

My Ride
    Turbo Charged Tiburon 290hp

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Subaru STI

Originally posted by low13's
    If your looking for Hid's Around Calgary I recommend this guy

Did A Great Job on my car.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ218585935
    Your mom does low 13's.

A question about importing. If the vehicle has modifications such as motor and suspension is there any kind of restrictions on that ? I heard somewhere it cant have suspension modifications but a buddy brought back a lifted duramax from the states ? The subaru im looking at bringing up has suspension work.

Thanks

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Just curious. For you guys from experience, is it easier to work with a private seller or a dealer ( getting them to get the paper work, shipping the car). Do you guys usually look for the car on ebay? or through fan forum?

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

ops double post

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

I found mine on a forum, that way I could search the dudes posts and assess what kind of person he was. Then based on that and the mods he did, I could see if it's worth buying.

When I got my dads tacoma from a dealer, it was totally painless. Just showed up and picked it up.

One is easier, one is harder but more rewarding...

My Ride
    //M

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
    Just curious. For you guys from experience, is it easier to work with a private seller or a dealer ( getting them to get the paper work, shipping the car). Do you guys usually look for the car on ebay? or through fan forum?
    http://stores.ebay.com/Texas-Direct-Auto

Best dealership in the southern US. Thank me later. 3 day no questions asked return policy. Clean carfax's, car's are mint. They sell 500 cars a week.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

Without sifting through 55 pages, If I want to bring in a shell, no engine/trans/etc. Its just a parts import right, no duty?

My Ride
    V167

Mercedes Benz USA is now charging $350 for the Recall Clearance Letter. If you are purchasing an MBZ try and get that shit from a US dealership while you are down there (easiest would be the one that the vehicle was serviced at). I've had employees tell me that they cannot provide it, yet I call back and talk to someone else and they said no problem and faxed it immediately. There is no charge for a printout from the dealership and RIV accepts it. Simply ask the dealership for a "Vehicle Master Inquiry".

Lone Star + Hyatt will not give you one. I called other dealerships in Canada and they said they could not access the section which states that there are no open recalls on the vehicle.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    Mercedes Benz USA is now charging $350 for the Recall Clearance Letter. If you are purchasing an MBZ try and get that shit from a US dealership while you are down there (easiest would be the one that the vehicle was serviced at). I've had employees tell me that they cannot provide it, yet I call back and talk to someone else and they said no problem and faxed it immediately. There is no charge for a printout from the dealership and RIV accepts it.
    Does MB Canada charge you a shitload of money for it? Or do they force you to change the cluster like BMW?

My Ride
    V167

Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

Does MB Canada charge you a shitload of money for it? Or do they force you to change the cluster like BMW?
    MB Canada does not provide the Recall Clearance Letters.

Regarding cluster changes/other modifications there are 2 major considerations:

1. If your vehicle is still under warranty and you want to transfer that warranty to Canada (ie:so you can receive warranty service at your local MBZ dealership) then you will be required to perform certain modifications as outlined by MB Canada. Cluster change would be one of the required modifications.

2. If your vehicle is off-warranty OR you choose to get your warranty work done in the states then you would only have to change the cluster if it cannot display your speed in km/h (it is my understanding not all MBZ's have the option to change the speed readout to km/h in the cluster).

I just brought an ML up that is coming off warranty. It requires nothing. DRL's + digital readout in km/h can be enabled through the cluster and the child seat stuff is all compliant with Canadian standards.

And remember.....save $350 by getting a US dealership to provide you with the Vehicle Master Inquiry printout!!

I'd like to thank everyone who has posted helpful hints + tips in this thread regarding the whole importing process. All the details were outlined very nicely, made everything alot easier than I thought it would be.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

What model/year ML? I had considered bringing up an ML55 at one point. I still may or may not. Regardless, if yours is just coming off warranty it is probably somewhere around 2006-2008, and I was looking more at 2002ish.

As stated a few pages back, what I really want is an SLK32. I've also been looking at 2003 SL55's though.... and while I believe both can activate their DRLs via the console/clusters, I am not 100% sure and information is scarce online. I'm sure MB Canada would claim both require a $1000 modification or something...

My Ride
    V167

Kloubek: 08 ML320 CDI......diesel power only yo!

Have seen quite a few posts regarding SLK's and DRL's/clusters...I'll let you know if I come across any information that would be of assistance to you.

Just got the RIV stickers in the mail the other day. Thanks again to everyone who has posted in this thread, tons of useful info in here.,

I've got a question. I've searched but didn't find what I was looking for.

Does the original title and the bill of sale have to be the same name?

The current owner never bothered to transfer the title from the previous owner. So the original title is in one name and the bill of sale will be in another.

Anybody know if that's a problem?
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

The current owner never bothered to transfer the title from the previous owner. So the original title is in one name and the bill of sale will be in another.

Sounds fishy to me. I bought my 911TT from a car broker and if I remember correctly I think the Bill of Sale had to be made out by the original owern who was listed on the title or at a minimum the title had to be signed over to the broker. I believe that in the US the owner of the vehicle is whoever is listed on the title. I also believe they need to show proof of title to get registered there. If I were you I would keep looking.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

if the current owner never bothered to obtain a new title in his own name, the current title (original) should have been at least signed over to the current owner.

The title was signed over by the previous owner who's name is on it. The rest of the info was left blank (current owner was gonna fill that info in when it came time to renew plates) So technically I could just fill my info into the already signed title. But then like I say I would have a title signed by the title holder, but a bill of sale from someone who is not the title holder. Now that I wrote that it doesnt seem right.

I think the best thing to do is get the current owner to properly transfer the title into his name, then sign it over to me. If he's reluctant to do that I'll walk away and find another vehicle.
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 45 54 55 56 ... LastLast