Quantcast
Anyone had any experience with 4cyl Fieros? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had any experience with 4cyl Fieros?

My Ride
    Some wedges.

Default Anyone had any experience with 4cyl Fieros?

My friend's 2.5L 4 cyl won't start. We are getting spark and fuel pressure, but the TBI isn't opening. Is there anything specific that could be broken in the electrical system?

My Ride
    Pathfinder

Fieros are sooo much trouble.....your gonna have to un plug everything and test for good connections. a buddy of mine had one and he hated it so bad. stupid little car.....it was pretty quick when it ran...but he had so many problems with it. better advice is drop an Cadillac northstar V8 in it....can you say Zoom Zoom? 300hp...and the engine cradles bolt right up

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Check all the sensors and electrical connections to the TBI. is it turning over at all?

My Ride
    2001 E46 M3 LSB

DEATH TRAP! DEATH TRAP! AHHHHH! Those things are so bad. My friend had one, sometimes the right front brake would get stuck on, and it'd pull hard right. Then there was when the belt would get caught and make the car lurch...all I can say is:

DEATH TRAP! SELL IT! I'm just kidding...sorry, I had to get that off my chest. Whatever you like, do what you want to it. That advice goes to all you people that told me I should sell my car

As for the problem with the TBI, those things looked like they have a tight engine bay, so fixing things in there, would be a bitch, I'm sure. Take it all apart, find everything broken, put it back together, and if it still doesn't work...then you're screwed. Haha, or take it to a pro.

My Ride
    Some wedges.

Ok, it's fixed now, turns out it was just a loose conector above the dizzy :P As for you Fiero haters out there.....well...you have fun with your FF cars...

My Ride
    2001 E46 M3 LSB

Hahaha, I'm not a Fiero hater, it's just that my friends was pretty damn scary, and not that great of condition. Bad experience, all I can say. :tongue:

My Ride
    85 Fiero

mostly addressing Calarina
    Well then your friend didn't mantain his fiero well. I'll have you know that a fiero not only got a 5 star crash rating back in it day, it's a very safe car. It handles a s*it load better then you car(integra), As for fires cause i know that will come up it because of the electrical harness on the firewall is too close to the exhaust manifolds (on 84 fieros) and was changed in 85 to buy the battery. As for being no room in the engine compartment take another look. Ask yourself what compact car can fit any small block chevy and next to all engines. I myself Am doing a a quad 4 swap and it only about 900 canadian excluding the enigne and tranny. With that is get approx 200 flywheel horse and that can put a lot of cars in my dust. Plus reliablity in the four cylinders or the 2.5 is awesome it's a 305 chopped in half and it is hella reliable as for the v-6's people need to take better care of their cars.

ashkente if you have anymore problems go to Pennocks Fiero Forum
    http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/Ultimate.cgi
    Im not trying to sound pissed just informative.
    Don't alugh at the pic it from the salvage disposal.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm not a Fiero hater, but I WILL go and have fun with my FF.

My Ride
    A l337 chair

The thing about Fiero is; It's a nice and fast car, they were just assembled very poorly.

My Ride
    2001 E46 M3 LSB

Originally posted by 4CylFiero
    Well then your friend didn't mantain his fiero well. I'll have you know that a fiero not only got a 5 star crash rating back in it day, it's a very safe car. It handles a s*it load better then you car(integra), As for fires cause i know that will come up it because of the electrical harness on the firewall is too close to the exhaust manifolds (on 84 fieros) and was changed in 85 to buy the battery. As for being no room in the engine compartment take another look. Ask yourself what compact car can fit any small block chevy and next to all engines. I myself Am doing a a quad 4 swap and it only about 900 canadian excluding the enigne and tranny. With that is get approx 200 flywheel horse and that can put a lot of cars in my dust. Plus reliablity in the four cylinders or the 2.5 is awesome it's a 305 chopped in half and it is hella reliable as for the v-6's people need to take better care of their cars.

ashkente if you have anymore problems go to Pennocks Fiero Forum
    http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/Ultimate.cgi
    Im not trying to sound pissed just informative.
    Don't alugh at the pic it from the salvage disposal.
    Whoa buddy, stop trippin'. I was only makin' jokes, and you blew it outta proportion. I never meant to insult you, or your Fiero, I was just making jokes about my FRIENDS fiero, so chill! I didn't know much about cars back then, and I'm still learning, so before you go insulting someone, think of shit like that.

Shit happens, deal with it.

My Ride
    Some wedges.

Woah there.. Didn't mean to start a flame war there As a heavily biased Toyota/MR/FR guy, I know what it's like to be passionate about your ride. Just remember we're all car guys here...it's all in fun Thanks for the input, at any rate

My Ride
    85 Fiero

Ok well i wasn't trippin my last line was

Im not trying to sound pissed just informative

I could car less what anyone else thinks about my car or anyone elses u can't satify everyone. Just defending my car i would expect the same from you if i was talking crap (blowing out of proportion) about your teg.

Don't take it so seriously, everyone is intitled to there opinion.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Fieros, you either Love them to death or Hate them to death. (pun intended)
    Travel

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

I was gonna buy a Fiero but then i realized its a pontiac! :tongue: j/k... there sweet little cars( except for the engine compament fire problems!)... Suprisingly I havnt ran into one on the street yet, but the 4cyl FIREO'S are very comparable in every aspect to my car, so i would like to see how i would do against one...the V6 Fieros were damn nice cars for thier day, nothing that a Supercharged MR2 couldnt take care of though
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    Some wedges.

It's a damn shame MkI SC's are so rare/expensive here :|

My Ride
    85 Fiero

james you would win in a quarter mile race. my car has stock 92 horse but 134 torque. yours i think has 110 horse. I also thought of buying an mr2 god i wish i could afford a early 90's model there so sweet. I pretty much wanted a car i dind't have to transport buddies around.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Originally posted by Ashkente
    It's a damn shame MkI SC's are so rare/expensive here :|
    not so rare as expensive, they can still get fetch about 10k if in good condition

My Ride
    Some wedges.

~300 sold in Canada isn't rare?.....

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Originally posted by Ashkente
    ~300 sold in Canada isn't rare?.....
    no shit?! when i was car shopping i seen like at least 2 between all the used car publications...i figured there were at least several thousand in canada...my bad...

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Originally posted by 4CylFiero
    It handles a s*it load better then you car(integra)
    You gotta be kidding, a Fiero would get absolutely owned by a Teg on the race track.. it wouldn't even be funny!
    Bought not built!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast