Quantcast
prelude or type R integra - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: prelude or type R integra

My Ride
    lookin

Default prelude or type R integra

in your opinion, which car do you guys like better, a prelude or an acura integra type R? I'm in the process of looking for cars and want something different than the crowd since i dont know anyone with a prelude or type R. i would love to track down a type R since they are pretty rare. besides, everyone around here has civics or accords. also, which vehicle has more upgrade parts and better stock performance? thanks.
    You can't say you've lived life unless you actually go out and live it. Don't waste any opportunities you ever get the chance to take. Ask out the most popular person in class. Make some stupid mistakes. Take a leap. Dive in. Cause the truth is, we only live once, and if we screw up the first time, there's never a chance to go back and re-do it. Friendships end, just as relationships, and pretty much everything else, but that shouldn't discourage you. So, why wait? Go fulfill your dreams right now. Live your life to the fullest. You never know when it might end, and then you'll regret never having lived it

My Ride
    Corolla

My Ride
    A l337 chair

Prelude by far IMO. Assuming you are buying a gen 5.
    400ml of extra displacement. The one prelude I got to T-drive I loved, handles so nice.

My Ride
    Integra

type r all the way...because that's my dream car a 1998 Integra Type r, as for parts i think it will be just as easy to get for either car...good luck in your choice...oh yeah did i mentian ITR

it totally depends on what you want.
    If your looking for pure performance, and more of a race car, I'd go with the ITR.

The Prelude is heavier, more plush, and more of a cruising car than a race car. The seats are more comfortable, you get A/C and all the little things that make it a "nicer" car.

As far as stock performance goes, the Type-R will outperform the Prelude, and aftermarket support also supports the ITR more.

My Ride
    A l337 chair

Originally posted by buh_buh
    it totally depends on what you want.
    If your looking for pure performance, and more of a race car, I'd go with the ITR.

The Prelude is heavier, more plush, and more of a cruising car than a race car. The seats are more comfortable, you get A/C and all the little things that make it a "nicer" car.
    I think the h22a has more potential than the b18c5, agree?
    It's a larger engine displacement wise. Yes the Prelude is heavier than the ITR but nothing a S/C couldn't fix. Killer body kits for a Lude as well. The only ITR I ever saw was 26k for a 96. You could find a nice lude for 22k.
    Last edited by mrmattyk; 02-23-2003 at 05:22 PM.

no

My Ride
    91 stang

I would go with the Type R. My bud has a new prelude and we switched vehicles for a week. Nice car but not enough head room for me

My Ride
    lookin

both cars that i am looking at are "newer" such as a 1998-2000 prelude or a 1998 type R or something around there. also, will insurance be high on either car. after all they are 4 cylinder and naturally aspirated.
    You can't say you've lived life unless you actually go out and live it. Don't waste any opportunities you ever get the chance to take. Ask out the most popular person in class. Make some stupid mistakes. Take a leap. Dive in. Cause the truth is, we only live once, and if we screw up the first time, there's never a chance to go back and re-do it. Friendships end, just as relationships, and pretty much everything else, but that shouldn't discourage you. So, why wait? Go fulfill your dreams right now. Live your life to the fullest. You never know when it might end, and then you'll regret never having lived it

also, will insurance be high on either car. after all they are 4 cylinder and naturally aspirated.
    Your pretty young? The insurance on both will be unbelievable!!!

My Ride
    Corolla

More parts available / supported for the ITR

My Ride
    lookin

yes i am 15 right now so i guess im pretty young. i know the insurance wont be as high as it is for a turbo charged car or something like an 8 cylinder. now back to the cars. i know honda makes a reliable car and since acura is owned but honda, they must be reliable too but are there any problem areas with either car?

yes i am 15 right now so i guess im pretty young. i know the insurance wont be as high as it is for a turbo charged car or something like an 8 cylinder. now back to the cars.
    that doesn't have much to do with it. Insurance on those cars would probably be higher than most v8's or turbo cars.

My Ride
    A l337 chair

You know what?
    Dont get either. If your first car is a ITR or a Prelude YOU WILL CRASH THEM. Get something cheaper and not as fast.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by mrmattyk

It's a larger engine displacement wise. Yes the Prelude is heavier than the ITR but nothing a S/C couldn't fix. Killer body kits for a Lude as well. The only ITR I ever saw was 26k for a 96. You could find a nice lude for 22k.
    weight doesnt only affect acceleration. it also affects handling a great deal...and NOTHING can be done about that.

Originally posted by mrmattyk

It's a larger engine displacement wise. Yes the Prelude is heavier than the ITR but nothing a S/C couldn't fix.
    It depends on what kind of build up you want to proceed with.
    I believe the type-R would be easier to mod, and there are more parts available for the type-r. And how could you compare a S/C'd lude to a stock ITR?

My Ride
    335i

Is there any question about it? Type R man.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    A l337 chair

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    weight doesnt only affect acceleration. it also affects handling a great deal...and NOTHING can be done about that.
    In 1/4 mile term. Accelaration is the only thing that matters. It's hard to say what is better, a light or a heavy car for handling. Not even going to argue.

And buh_buh I know the aftermarket S/C on the lude vs stock ITR is an unfair comparrison. I am just saying most people have this attitude that a prelude driver might as well pull over and give up if he sees an ITR (atleast in my circle of friends). For the price of a ITR, you could S/C a decent Lude which would be faster.
    Last edited by mrmattyk; 02-23-2003 at 06:07 PM.

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Is there any question about it? Type R man.
    its all about personal preference.
    the cars are pretty similar in stock trim.
    similar performance numbers (with the ITR getting the edge), the only difference being the Prelude is more lush and lavish.
    so it just depends on what you want.

My Ride
    Corolla

basically it comes down, if you want to be a Pimp? or not? BuhBuh choose the Pimp option.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast