Quantcast
Frenchman goes wrong way on road - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Frenchman goes wrong way on road

Default Frenchman goes wrong way on road

http://tinyurl.com/75vjf

This bothers me in a lot of ways.

Keep in mind that this guy isn't drunk

1) How does he not know that we drive on the right side of the road here? This isn't secret knowledge known to a select elite few, everyone know this. Just like everyone knows that in most if not all European countries, people drive on the left. America isn't some small unknown country either. Whatever your views on the US are, you cant deny that they are one of the most well known if not the most well known countries in the world. How do you not know a simple thing like that?

2) Let's say that for one reason of another, the fact is he didn't know.
    Then after being in America for a moment, and being within view of any moving car, wouldn't he have known THEN??? I mean, I would notice someone driving on the left side of the road, because it just looks weird to me, and I notice it.

3)Lets say that for one reason or another, the fact is he didn't notice.
    Then wouldn't he have realized this AFTER DRIVING AND SEEING ALL THE CARS ON HIS SIDE OF THE ROAD COMING TOWARDS HIM?????? He cant be blind, or he would have crashed much earlier, and he wouldn't even have a license. Obviously he did have a license, or else the cops would have found out, and it would be mentioned in the article.
    So now there is no way he could not have seen these cars coming towards him.

4) Lets say that for one reason or another, the fact is he didn't see these cars coming towards him (which is practically impossible, as I don't think people with IQ of less than 10 are allowed licenses, even in the states. ).
    Wouldn't he have noticed then, when he RAMMED INTO ONCOMING CARS that he was going the wrong way??
    Is he blind, mentally retarted and paralyzed? How is he pushing the pedals and moving the steering wheel, I'd like to know??

5) Now it says something in there about him not being able to explain why he made a wrong turn. So maybe that means that he knew cars drove on the right, and he went on to the left by accident. But then how can he NOT KNOW how he turned the wrong way? It's not rocket science!! So now we have a guy who is blind, paralyzed, mentally retarted and suffering from Alzheimer's. Who the hell allowed this guy behind a wheel? And even if he did make a wrong turn, two things could have happened afterwards:
    a) He didn't realize he was going the wrong way.
    b) He realized he was going the wrong way.

If a) then he is obviously suffering from something, in which case how come he is allowed behind a wheel?
    If b) then how come he didn't pull onto the shoulder as soon as he realized, turned around, got of at the first exit, turned around again, and got back on the right way. No harm done

Some people might say its because he was pretty old, 66 and that explains it.
    However, 66 isn't THAT old. You don't usually become senile that young. The only way that age might affect your driving is by slowing down your reactions. But slow reactions, is rear ending someone because they braked sharply, with you only a car length or two behind, going 100 kilometers an hour. Slow reactions is not driving on the wrong side of the road for 11miles, and crashing into two cars, and not realizing something is wrong until the third one. That's not slow reactions, that's called blind, mentally slow, paralyzed, and suffering from Alzheimer's.

So can someone explain this to me?

Why didn't the wife say anything?

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Why didn't the wife say anything?
    That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! Who cares about the guy, there was TWO idiots in that car! MAN, two heads doesn't equal better than one I guess.......
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    Kenworth diesel CRX

6) Did you read the article?

this happened in france.

The 66-year-old man continued driving after his first two collisions Sunday in the hope of finding an exit off the A35 in eastern France, a police spokesman in the city of Strasbourg said.

Yeah it was in France. And he turned the wrong way, but the amazing thing is he kept on going after getting into several collisions!! He only stopped after hitting someone head on and KILLING the guy! Freakin incredible!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Hes just a retard. This happened in FRANCE.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Obviously the guy is stupid.

[For clarification - because some people will immediately recognize this all happened in France and therefore the original post is mostly unfounded drivel ... and may think that I'm calling Carfanman stupid - I actually mean the driver of the car is stupid. ]

Anyone with half a brain would just acknowledge they are going the wrong way and get headed the right direction.

There have been cases of people [in Calgary] successfully getting onto Deerfoot Trail going the wrong direction. In one case, there was a woman who managed to do this and she killed someone too.

Usually roads are well marked [wrong way] signs all over the place if you look for them. And often this occurs at night. People can't see as well, don't know the roads, and wind up turning the wrong direction. Shit happens.

The fact that he got going the wrong direction really isn't that surprising. The fact that he had multiple accidents over what sounds like a fairly lengthy time frame is what I find most curious. Stupid fuck.

My Ride
    2000 323i

Default Re: Frenchman goes wrong way on road

Originally posted by Carfanman

Just like everyone knows that in most if not all European countries, people drive on the left.

Name 3 European countries outside the United Kingdom that drive on the left. Otherwise, 2 idiots in that car yes. How can you not stop after hitting a car head on? HOW??!!?!?!?!?!?! Morons. He must've been real messed in the head.
    Mike

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Default Re: Frenchman goes wrong way on road

http://tinyurl.com/75vjf

This bothers me in a lot of ways.

1) How does he not know that we drive on the right side of the road here? This isn't secret knowledge known to a select elite few, everyone know this. Just like everyone knows that in most if not all European countries, people drive on the left. America isn't some small unknown country either. Whatever your views on the US are, you cant deny that they are one of the most well known if not the most well known countries in the world. How do you not know a simple thing like that?

So can someone explain this to me?
    Wow, I don't know what to say. Looks like YOU have no clue what side of the road the rest of the world drives on do you

Oh man, I messed this up!

I could have sworn this happened in the US! Oh well.

Points 3, 4, and 5 still apply though, as does the last paragraph. So MOST of my post is NOT drivel, but I will acknowledge that I messed up, as well as with the Europe/side cars drive on.

My Ride
    Kenworth diesel CRX

Oh man, I messed this up!

I could have sworn this happened in the US! Oh well.

Points 3, 4, and 5 still apply though, as does the last paragraph. So MOST of my post is NOT drivel, but I will acknowledge that I messed up, as well as with the Europe/side cars drive on.
    Oh, I agree he is a dumbass. but, like has been said above, it is France

I just couldn't pass up a chance to bust your balls.

Originally posted by Newk
    I just couldn't pass up a chance to bust your balls.
    Me neither.

But fortunately for both of us, there will be a lot more opportunities.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-04-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Default Re: Re: Frenchman goes wrong way on road

Originally posted by Nissanaddict

Name 3 European countries outside the United Kingdom that drive on the left. Otherwise, 2 idiots in that car yes. How can you not stop after hitting a car head on? HOW??!!?!?!?!?!?! Morons. He must've been real messed in the head.

Hell I can only think of of UK , HK , Australia , Japan that drive on the left side... (of course these are not in Euro )
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

How come it took so long for him to surrender?