Quantcast
More bush BS... - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: More bush BS...

Originally posted by eljefe

I think you have missed the entire point. George Bush has made decisions based on false and misleading information or out right lies. There has been little to no accountability with President Dubya. This is the guy who is saying we are tapping people with some sort of "link" to a terrorist. No that is right, not a terrorist. He has not once said , nor will he say these taps he has authorized are on terrorists because they do not know if they are when making that decision. If there was enough evidence to satisify a judge they could legally obtain one. The decision to circumvent the law is being made by a man who has demonstarted his willingness to mislead in the past.
    So what you're saying is that if he had enough then he would have gotten permission for a wiretap and since he didn't have enough evidence to get permission for a wiretap, then that could mean that these people are innocent?
    Alright, maybe. However, its he suspects these specific people for a reason, so it's likely they are doing SOMETHING illegal or participating in something illegal.
    Honestly, neither you or me have enough info to decide whether or not these people are bad. So everything in this thread is speculation.

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by Carfanman

So what you're saying is that if he had enough then he would have gotten permission for a wiretap and since he didn't have enough evidence to get permission for a wiretap, then that could mean that these people are innocent?
    Alright, maybe. However, its he suspects these specific people for a reason, so it's likely they are doing SOMETHING illegal or participating in something illegal.
    Honestly, neither you or me have enough info to decide whether or not these people are bad. So everything in this thread is speculation.
    Well no they can't say and won't say participating in or doing something illegal or they could have gotten a warrant from a judge. Bush is only saying "linked" and that is very very broad and why.......................

it is far better to leave that decision to a judgewho knows and understands the laws and rights in these circumstances. IMO

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Default Re: More bush BS...

Originally posted by Toma
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4538286.stm

He authorized "spying" on people with ties to "known terrorsits" inside the US... unauthorzied wire taps etc...
    lmao

Well, we already know that's BS...they dont "know" shiat lol
    I love how the guy that started this thread is denowncing Bush for unauthorized wire taps yet in other threads he support Martin who's government took tax payer money 'unauthorized' and paid off friends in return for party favors in Quebec.

One government uses 'unauthorized' wire taps in the name of ensuring the safety of its nation which is bad. The other government spends taxpayer money 'unauthorized' in the name of stealing, lying, cheating themselves to stay in power which is totally okay. The stench of hypocrisy fills these threads.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Bah.... the way I see it... once they have "MY" tax money, its "their" money. I have no control over how it is spent, or what it is used for.

Taxation in general is ugly. To me, it should be illegal period. A resource rich country like Canada should have little or no tax, but they chose instead to make the rich and foreigners ticher, while we carry the burden....

On the spying thing.... well, I just really did not wanna end up living in an Orwelian society where you can be killed/jailed for being a thought criminal...

I cannot believe people are so easily convinced that this sort of loss of control, and in America...loss of constitutional rights would be so readily accepted.

I guess if you scare people enough with phoney threats of terrorism and danger, they'll give up anything if you promise it is neccessary to keep them "safe".\

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I cannot believe people are so easily convinced that this sort of loss of control, and in America...loss of constitutional rights would be so readily accepted.
    Is that any different than how eastern as well as some western Canadians have easily accepted the whole adscam scandle? I mean what's worse, someone spying on your phone calls or someone stealing money that you paid in good faith that it would be put towards the upkeep of society?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Perhaps I should be blunt..... Adscam was (according to Gomery report) a loss of $355 million....

So $355 million divided by ~18 million taxpayers in Canada In one year, that is ~$20 of the approximately $20,000 I paid in taxes last year. Like I give a flying fuck about $20 in one year. Or, that is about $11 for evey man, woman and child in Canada.... wooptie fucken doo.

It is blown WAY out of proportion for the harm it did to "taxpayers".

I am MUCH more pissed off that I had to give up the rest of the ~$20,000....

And yeah, I would gladly pay $20 instead of having my privacy jeopardized. Hell, I would probably pay 50 times that...

Wanna talk about a waste... I know of a program IN ALBERTA that wastes an easy $500 million A YEAR EVERY YEAR, and its on the increase....

Last edited by Toma; 12-20-2005 at 01:14 PM.

On the spying thing.... well, I just really did not wanna end up living in an Orwelian society where you can be killed/jailed for being a thought criminal...
    No one is being killed or jailed here. That is completely incomparable to a wire tap.
    I guess if you scare people enough with phoney threats of terrorism and danger,
    Was 9/11 phony? Let me guess, Bush arranged 9/11 so he'd have an excuse to listen to peoples phones for no apparent reason?

It's one thing to say that he should have waited to get the tap authorized before tapping the lines, but its QUITE another to call this terror threat phony when so many people have lost loved ones due to it. That's offensive.
    I really would like to know what makes you think the terror threat is phony.
    Last edited by Carfanman; 12-20-2005 at 04:11 PM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-04-2020 at 03:59 PM.

I thought that was why he conspired the WMDs?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Carfanman

No one is being killed or jailed here. That is completely incomparable to a wire tap.
    No, not yet here, but YES in the US. The same "Act" that made the taps "legal" allowed the KIDNAPPING without charge, abduction to another country, and then torture by the US, CIA or whoever, of people "labeled" arbitrarily as terrorists (arbitrarily as in without due process, charges, evidence, and they were often released without EVER being charged).

Was 9/11 phony? Let me guess, Bush arranged 9/11 so he'd have an excuse to listen to peoples phones for no apparent reason?
    Well, SOMETHING happened on 9-11. 2 planes crashed into the two WTC towers. Somehow, 3 towers owned by the same guy managed to collapse surprising the architects and designers of the buildings, firefighters, demolition experts etc... 2800 people died.

That is all we know. The rest... who did it, why they did it, how they managed the impossible task of demolishing building seven etc... well we know none of that yet.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

And yeah, I would gladly pay $20 instead of having my privacy jeopardized. Hell, I would probably pay 50 times that...

I beleive you.

you gladly paid 100 times $20, in excess EI premiums over the last 10 years, so that the liberals can pretend to have a balanced budget.

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

By GINA HOLLAND, Associated Press Writer
    1 hour, 28 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - A federal judge has resigned from a special court set up to oversee government surveillance, apparently in protest of President Bush's secret authorization of a domestic spying program on people with suspected terrorist ties.

U.S. District Judge James Robertson would not comment Wednesday on his resignation, but The Washington Post reported that it stemmed from deep concern that the surveillance program Bush authorized was legally questionable and may have tainted the work of the court. The Post quoted two associates of the judge.

No, not yet here, but YES in the US. The same "Act" that made the taps "legal" allowed the KIDNAPPING without charge, abduction to another country, and then torture by the US, CIA or whoever, of people "labeled" arbitrarily as terrorists (arbitrarily as in without due process, charges, evidence, and they were often released without EVER being charged).

Well, SOMETHING happened on 9-11. 2 planes crashed into the two WTC towers. Somehow, 3 towers owned by the same guy managed to collapse surprising the architects and designers of the buildings, firefighters, demolition experts etc... 2800 people died.

That is all we know. The rest... who did it, why they did it, how they managed the impossible task of demolishing building seven etc... well we know none of that yet.

If I designed a building that was the corner stone for history in the 21st century and responsible for the deaths that led my people to war, yeah I'd say that the building should have been stronger. The same guy who owned them? Does that mean that George Bush was trying to do him a favour, knocking them down to collect insurance money? Man this consipiracy gets thicker and thicker.
    Last edited by Atombomb; 12-21-2005 at 11:20 AM.

No shit ---- !

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

anyone with 2/8ths of a brain knows that it is illegal...tom-sc and other republican dick suckers know it, but just deny it...however guys i must stress...DONT HATE Bush...hate Cheney/Rumsfeld and the other assclowns behind the puppet who IS Bush...wake up guys!

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by AcuraTl
    anyone with 2/8ths of a brain knows that it is illegal...tom-sc and other republican dick suckers know it, but just deny it...however guys i must stress...DONT HATE Bush...hate Cheney/Rumsfeld and the other assclowns behind the puppet who IS Bush...wake up guys!
    they are all puppets IMHO.... but though Bush appears dumb, I am not convinced that at least some of that is not an act lol

they are all puppets IMHO.... but though Bush appears dumb, I am not convinced that at least some of that is not an act lol
    The only thing he is dumb on is letting others control what he does or says ..............

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3