Quantcast
Rant Rant Rant - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rant Rant Rant

My Ride
    94' Terd

Default Rant Rant Rant

Okay this is gonna start a huge debate but i dont care!! After being on this site for a couple months ive noticed two things... 1. how offended people get when others dont appreciate or dont agree with ones style! 2. how easily things get "played out" because more than 3 people have a certain product.. time for a rant!!

this makes me wonder why people are at all building a car if others opinions matter to them. Isn't building a show/go car all about what you like? not what others like and what you think will make you cool? who cares if 15 other people in the city have the same body kit or the same hood... so what!! put it on your car anyway and fucking enjoy it because its what makes you happy and satisfied with your car!! i don't think i would ever put a part on my car that i didnt like because "noone else has it and it will set me apart from the masses"! one identical part on 2 different cars doesnt make a difference.... especially since it is quite possibly the only part that is identical on those 2 cars... another thing... people look at cars like shadows and al's and lorne's etc.... and say how can i make my car better than that? don't even try... because you can't!! in nick's eyes not one single car in this world will be better than his prelude!! why? because of the numbers of years/dollars/effort/blood/tears/etc that he has put into that car!! my car doesnt have that much done to it and personally i love it!! i wouldn't trade it for most of the cars u guys own! no offense... (most of you guys have sick ass cars!!) but i love it because its exactly what i want my car to be... not what someone else wants my car to be... my point and conclusion!!

Build a car because to please yourself, don't make a car to make others think you "know what you're doing", or have nice taste. Build a car that makes you happy, when you drive it, when you look at it etc. build a car for you, because in the end you will enjoy the car more than you would have if you tried to make it better than someone else's, or try to stand out!!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I cant stand people who cant take legitimate criticism. Wake up and smell the brake dust. If you are one to lose sleep over the fact that someone didn't like your car, or you get all worked up over it on a forum (the worst), then I would recommend going for a nice scenic mountain drive...feel the wind blow through your hair, the roar, the thrill of mountain roads, one with your car, one with nature....

Pack a lunch, find a pristine mountain lake, park beside it, just like the commercials, relax, take in the beauty...

AND THROW YOUR FUCKIN KEYS IN THE LAKE!!!
    Last edited by Ben; 02-28-2003 at 09:40 AM.
    Travel

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Originally posted by Ben
    I cant stand people who cant take legitimate criticism. Wake up and smell the brake dust. If you are one to lose sleep over the fact that someone didn't like your car, or you get all worked up over it on a forum (the worst), then I would recommend going for a nice scenic mountain drive...feel the wind blow through your hair, the roar, the thrill of mountain roads, one with your car, one with nature....

Pack a lunch, find a pristine mountain lake, park beside it, just like the commercials, relax, take in the beauty...

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

i've said this a couple hundred times, but i'll say it again:
    there's a difference between stating opinion and just be malicious.
    if ur don't like something, say "not my style" as opposed to "that's fucking ugly, that dude is retarded"
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    pedals

I like what the Banana said.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by Ben

You first...

My Ride
    Noodle

yeah, I agree, a lot of people come on here asking for peoples opinions. It's fine if you say, it's not my style or whatever, but when people get malicious it can go to far, but for the most part, people aren't so when you ask for opinions, expect that not everyone will like what you have done.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    if ur don't like something, say "not my style" as opposed to "that's fucking ugly, that dude is retarded"
    Either statement is still the guy's opinion, just the latter is more expressive. Not saying it's right, but I mean I get made fun of too, just gotta learn to accept criticism. Note my sig .

And yea, if everyone just said "not my style" or "I don't like it", IMO it's even worse, cuz you'll never know why others don't like it (I'm sure you'll be curious hehe). At least with "that's fucking ugly" you know he doesn't like the looks of the car.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

hahaha, that sig is gold, you are missing the big tailpipe tho!
    Travel

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

Originally posted by rage2

Either statement is still the guy's opinion, just the latter is more expressive. Not saying it's right, but I mean I get made fun of too, just gotta learn to accept criticism. Note my sig .

And yea, if everyone just said "not my style" or "I don't like it", IMO it's even worse, cuz you'll never know why others don't like it (I'm sure you'll be curious hehe). At least with "that's fucking ugly" you know he doesn't like the looks of the car.
    You may be a ricer, but you got a whole lotta HP to back that shiat up!!! I realized that when I was driving down crowchild with you.