Quantcast
Aggressive violent offender gets gun permit- shoots cop - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aggressive violent offender gets gun permit- shoots cop

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Default Aggressive violent offender gets gun permit- shoots cop

Slain constable's brother criticizes firearms permit in eulogy
    Last Updated Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:29:57 EST
    CBC News
    The brother of a slain Quebec constable has delivered a stinging criticism of authorities who gave a firearms permit to the suspect in her killing, while speaking at her funeral in Laval.

Thousands of mourners, including about 3,000 police officers from across the continent, packed into a church and a nearby college arena on Tuesday afternoon for the service of Const. Valérie Gignac.

Mourners pass Gignac's casket, Tuesday
    Gignac, a 25-year-old who had been on the Laval force for four years, was shot while on a routine call on Dec. 14 and later died in hospital.

FROM DEC. 15, 2005: Man accused of shooting officer was under firearms ban ((A 40-year-old man with a history of disputes with police has been arraigned on a charge of first-degree murder in the shooting death of Const. Valérie Gignac in Laval, north of Montreal.

François Pepin had been charged repeatedly with issuing death threats and harassing police officers and court workers. He was under a 10-year court order barring him from possessing firearms, the CBC's Amanda Pfeffer reports from Laval.

François Pepin
    Despite the ban, which dated back to 1999, he had asked for, and was granted, permission to use a gun for hunting during the fall season. ))

Her casket – topped with her police cap on a blue velvet pillow and a huge bouquet of white roses – sat at the front of the St-Vincent-de-Paul Church.

Steve Gignac, the constable's brother, was one of the first to speak.

Before delivering a passionate eulogy, he criticized officials who gave the man charged in the shooting, François Pepin, permission to use a gun for hunting – even though he was under a court-ordered firearms ban.

"When we recognize that people have behavioural problems, that they're aggressive and violent, and we tell them that they're too violent to have a firearm, it's difficult to conceive of how they could be allowed to use a firearm," Gignac said in French.

He said he hoped his sister's death would spur officials to be tougher and more cautious when making decisions in similar cases.

"We must avoid having a repetition of this kind of tragedy."

My Ride
    You Crazy

But that's all the liberals fault

My Ride
    Mercedes Benz R class, Mercedes Benz E class

that $1.8 billion firearm control system has a flaw!!
    Who'd uh thunk it??

fucking liberals......

better ban the handguns... that will solve all of our crime...

www.bmwvsmbz.com

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by HillBilly

EXCATLY!

May have prevented the break-in this morning where the thief broke in to steal... get ready for it... GUNS. Heard the intruder killed two puppies in the process

not killed them but hurt them, i saw the dogs on tv last night. they stole 6 pistols, 1-2 rifles i think and 200 rounds.........this was all in a safe. the people broke in must have just been after the guns....IMO.

My Ride

Originally posted by Evo prec
    not killed them but hurt them, i saw the dogs on tv last night. they stole 6 pistols, 1-2 rifles i think and 200 rounds.........this was all in a safe. the people broke in must have just been after the guns....IMO.
    Damn , I hope they were not Tyler's guns

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by eljefe

Damn , I hope they were not Tyler's guns
    No, his safe is better then the dude in the story.... could never happen to Tyler, he's always home and would unlock the safe, unlock the trigger lock, unlock the barrel lock, unlock his ammo, load, and pop the guy

My Ride

that $1.8 billion firearm control system has a flaw!!
    Who'd uh thunk it??

fucking liberals......

Curious because I do not know the answer to this but the Gun Registry, would the onus for this have fallen on the Gun "Registry"? The article said his firearm ban and allowable use of his weapons during hunting season was by way of a court order. What court and who's jurisdiction would that have fallen under? I really have no idea how someone could be so stupid as to put this guy anywhere near a firearm, ever.

My Ride
    Mercedes Benz R class, Mercedes Benz E class

Originally posted by Toma
    No, his safe is better then the dude in the story.... could never happen to Tyler, he's always home and would unlock the safe, unlock the trigger lock, unlock the barrel lock, unlock his ammo, load, and pop the guy
    why not just reach between the matress and the box spring and nail him with the Glock 19?

home protection is fun!

www.bmwvsmbz.com

My Ride

why not just reach between the matress and the box spring and nail him with the Glock 19?

home protection is fun!
    cause after he pinned your ass to the mattress he would have another gun he didn't know you had?

So, the gun control thing is working then, right?
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-04-2020 at 03:58 PM.

My Ride
    '07 Mustang/'05 R6 Raven

he requested access for a gun and got it even though he was under court order not to have guns. he was seen as a danger with guns and somehow he was given premission to have them.

this is a classic example of: guns don't kill people, people do.

like they knew he was a danger to society and he proved this by shooting the cop. this is just the stupid canadian judiciary system, he was probably a minority so they bent over backwards for him.

on a side note he was probably hired by the liberals to do this so they could get votes based on their handgun ban. that's the only campaign promise they'll follow through with
    Epicoque Racing