Quantcast
Rogers Cellular Salespeople - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rogers Cellular Salespeople

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

Default Rogers Cellular Salespeople

In August of this year, I purchased a V635 on a 3-year contract plan (Data-Lite). Before I purchased the phone, I made it clear to the sales-girl at one of the Rogers Rep. stores (AirSource Saskatoon) that I would need a phone that works specificially in Japan as I travel back & forth quite often. She pointed out the V635 as the only phone carried by Rogers that was in-fact a phone I could use in Japan.

I recently got back from my last trip and guess what... it doesn't. I'm trying to figure out what I could do about this situation as if I hadn't been lied to, I would have picked up just a cheap phone (one of those free one's on a contract). I have every intention of staying with Rogers and would certainly consider staying on the 3-year contract, but I feel somewhat annoyed that I was sold this stupid phone under false pretenses.

I have since talked to the folks down at AirSource in the Midtown Plaza Mall and all they said they will do is send an email and check out what can be done. Sadly the girl who sold me the phone no longer works there and has moved to Lethbridge, Alberta so she can't even take care of me directly.

I'm interested in either getting a fat rebate on the phone (I paid $250 for the phone since I signed up on a 3-year contract) and to void the contract as it was sold to me through an outright lie. Am I asking too much?

As mentioned, I have no use for this phone if I can't use it in Japan. I may as well just switch my provider to Virgin Pre-Paid rather than spend $75 a month on a data plan which I can't even use in my main place of business.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

try asking in the rogers section of howardforums.com

My Ride
    335i

They always lie to make the sale.

The V635 in theory can work in Japan, but it will have to be unlocked if you want to use a local sim card there. They gave my dad the same line about the Razr, but when he travels to Europe now he either pays the ridiculous roaming charges or buys a local sim card to use if he's staying for more than a week. He did have to get it unlocked to do so.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by gpomp
    try asking in the rogers section of howardforums.com
    nm, i see you've already posted. i suspected that japan runs mainly on the wcdma1800 network so a gsm phone would be pretty useless.

My Ride
    335i

Well, I guess I was wrong - Japan uses a system unique to most of the cellular world so nothing from here would work there anyways.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

Well I just got back from the store that sold the phone to me. They talked to their manager via email and I was told "Sorry, since the phone was activated so long ago, there's nothing we can do to help you."

My reply was "So, because I was lied to, I am in the wrong?"

To which I was astounded when I heard "Well.. yes."

Wow. I work retail and we also carry Rogers products. I can guarantee you that if the regional Rogers Rep. doesn't have something better to say, then I'm going to make darn sure that no Rogers products are -EVER- sold at either of the two outlets I work at.

I travel to Japan roughly 3 times per year for a time span of 2-3 weeks. In that time, I could always rent a phone from Vodafone, but as said, I don't want to spend $25 per DAY on it (plus the cost of using the phone for calls).

Sorry Rogers, but you might have made an enemy today. For those of you suggesting I sue, I've already contacted my families lawyer & we're getting together for a meeting in Monday afternoon. Let's hope something positive pans out, and if not, I'm going to make sure that there's some publicity about this.

I just don't like being lied to.