Quantcast
Help on deciding which LCD to go for. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Help on deciding which LCD to go for.

Default Help on deciding which LCD to go for.

Hi guys,

I am currently looking for an LCD for my room. I have pretty much come down to the Sharp 26" LCD (LC26DA5U) or the Samsung 32" LCD (LN-R3255).

I tried to search for reviews on the Samsung but couldn't really find any.

Any suggestions on which one I should get and why?

Do you think it is a good idea to get the extended warranty on them too?

Thanks for your help.

hey there i dont know which one is better, but i will say this about the warranty, IMO it is a good idea cause you can have burnt out pixels which just looks like a white dot on your screen. i used to work at futureshop in the comp department, and we had a demo that had a whole column of burnt out pixels and it was a white line down the screen. at futureshop 80% of the lcd that come back with problems or need repairs get replaced and the other 20% are just minor problems that can be easily repaired. soo that 80% is a pretty good number to have your lcd replaced if there is any problems. the 2 that you want i know will be quite a bit of money as i just bought a 21' widescreen gateway lcd which did cost a pretty penny. so i would say yeah its worth it. cause something like a cordless phone can easily be replaced if there is no warranty on it cause it doesnt cost that much, but something like a lcd i would strongly recommend getting the extended warranty.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

I have this LCD in the basement and I've been very happy with it so far.

As for extended warranty, I've never bought it for anything before and they're still working fine. It's entirely up to you.

Last edited by kaput; 03-20-2019 at 06:32 PM.

another reason why buyin warranty on your product would be a safe bet, even for a couple years. it will be worth it unless it is a problem with that model and many others then the cost for repairs will come outta your pocket. i kinda have an advantage as to what to buy warranty on just from working at futureshop. but lcd is something that should have warranty if it can be afforded. just as i said in my other post i bought a gateway 21" widescreen monitor and i bought the extended warranty for 4 years.....so i know any problems will be fixed right away.

but totally up to you, if you can afford it, its worth it but if not i dont think it will be to big of a problem if you take ggod care of it.

hrmm pretty crazy link kaput...

lol i would buy the warrenty! after readin that thread

My Ride
    GTI

Sharp and Sony make the best LCD's, Samsung is a good brand as well though, not far behind. Working at Futureshop in home theater I was staring at LCD's all day, and hands down Sharp and Sony have the best picture quality.

I would most def. go with a product service plan, never know what going to happen to your television. Most manufacturer warranties only cover parts and labour for 1 yr, accessories only 90 days (remote etc.), no performance guaranties or anything.

Go buy a product service plan from Visions. If you dont use the service plan (meaning no problems with your product) you get the Money back towards your next purchase. Pretty sweet.

I might be buying an LCD Television soon... its between the Samsung and the Sharp Aquos, either 23" or 26". Not sure. I really cant tell the difference between the two.

Last edited by kaput; 03-20-2019 at 06:31 PM.