Quantcast
Driver proves photo radar inaccurate - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Driver proves photo radar inaccurate

My Ride
    Model S

Default Driver proves photo radar inaccurate

A FATHER-OF-TWO is demanding an apology after proving a speed camera had almost trebled his actual speed.

Engineer Bryn Carlyon was recorded at doing an apparent 46mph in a 30mph zone near the Gabalfa flyover in Cardiff.

But after fighting a seven-month campaign to clear his name, the 47-year-old motorcyclist has proved his innocence with the help of photographic evidence from the camera which falsely recorded his speed.

He used the road markings to measure how far he had travelled in the time that elapsed between the taking of the two pictures and found that his approximate speed was just 18mph.

The father of two was summoned to Cardiff Magistrates’ Court, but had to request the photographic images after the prosecution failed to produce them in court.

Although he has now received a formal apology from the Mid and South Wales Safety Camera Partnership, he is still working to overturn a decision that his case was dropped only due to insufficient evidence.

“I need the verdict to say that this was not dropped through lack of evidence – it was dropped because it was a false prosecution,” said Mr Carlyon.

“So many people could be in the same situation. It costs so much time and effort to get these cases proved, and I feel so sorry for others who fail to prove this. It could cost someone their job at the end of the day.”

The Safety Camera Partnership admitted that a bus on the opposite side of the road could have caused the camera which recorded Mr Carlyon’s speed to produce a false reading.

Mr Carlyon also demanded an apology from South Wales Police Chief Constable Barbara Wilding.

He said: “I have heard nothing from her – and I know she received my letter because I sent it recorded delivery.

“At the moment, this is still a stain on my character as the court case was simply dropped for lack of evidence.
    http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/capit...name_page.html

lol we should all follow in his footsteps!!!

Why was he doing 18mph in a 30mph zone? He should get a ticket for going too slow.
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    FD3S

^hahah

Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

Score one for physics 20!

I guess that would be ok, if
    a) The camera took the photo at the same time it recorded the speed
    b) He didn't hit the brakes after the first photo