Quantcast
Unexpected turbo probe - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpected turbo probe

My Ride
    JDM Nissan 180sx

Default Unexpected turbo probe

Has anyone ever come up next to a greyish blue probe? I was driving home from downtown last night coming down mcleod trail south and I ended up next to this probe at a set of lights. So we had a bit of a go at it for a few lights, I could hear his turbo so i figured it would be fun to have a good go at it. So at the last set of lights in first and second gear we were very even, but when we hit third, dear god he flew ahead. Traction was a bit of a problem for me in first but he had a pretty strong third gear, I dont have the turbo on my car right now on account of it siezing up, but with it i think it would have been tight all the way if i still had boost. Well when i get another turbo hopefully i can meet up with him again. If anyone knows the story on this car will u let me know... thanks
    Sold my boost...

u race in this kind of weather? stupid.
    http://www.sfu.ca/~joh/teg/fastlane.gif

My Ride
    JDM Nissan 180sx

stupid??? dont say anything unless u were there there, roads were fine to have a go at it last night, im not gonna go crazy and wreck my car over a stupid race.
    Sold my boost...

hey what year and model is your 200sx?

oops didn't see your sig..

what engine is in there?

My Ride
    JDM Nissan 180sx

It is a 85 turbo, 1.8L sohc turbo (CA18ET)
    Sold my boost...

My Ride
    e92, JZ20, RA24

dude.......im not gonna argue that racing in -30 weather when your tires barely have grip and there is ice on the side of the road.....................................its people like u "Oh the roads are fine to race la la la la" that have to stop but cant and fucking kill someone...
    http://www.sfu.ca/~joh/teg/fastlane.gif

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

what do u want to know about the probes??

My Ride
    E36 4dr

Default Re: Unexpected turbo probe

Originally posted by +GoOdS+
    I dont have the turbo on my car right now on account of it siezing up, but with it i think it would have been tight all the way if i still had boost.
    I can't see how your car could even operate normally when it's a turbo car and your turbo isn't in there no more. Care to elaborate more for some clarification?

My Ride
    a wrx.

omg its takumi!!

My Ride
    Two unreliable sedans

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    omg its takumi!!

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

Default Re: Re: Unexpected turbo probe

Originally posted by MrX

I can't see how your car could even operate normally when it's a turbo car and your turbo isn't in there no more. Care to elaborate more for some clarification?
    i am also very very interested in the explaination as well... do tell..

My Ride
    JDM Nissan 180sx

There is 2 different engines available for the S12 in canada the CA20E and the CA18ET. the exhaust manifold fromt he non turbo engine (CA20E) is a direct bolt up to the CA18ET head. So all we had to do was change the exhaust manifold, change the intake, and plug the flow lines to the turbo. That is how we managed to do this. If you have anymore questions i will gladly let you know what was done.
    Sold my boost...

My Ride
    JDM Nissan 180sx

Default Audi kid

its people like u "Oh the roads are fine to race la la la la" that have to stop but cant and fucking kill someone...
    The idea of this thread was to try and find out who's car that is or what he has done to it. I didnt post it to hear ur idea's about driving in calgary. Yes driving aggressive in icey conditions is dangerous and can cause accidents. I would not put myself or my car at risk of major damage over a worthless race, if i thought the conditions were to bad to give it some gas i would not have done it. Anyways im not here for retarded arguements and i doubt you are either so lets just get back to some car related chat. Alright?
    Last edited by +GoOdS+; 03-09-2003 at 09:09 PM.
    Sold my boost...

My Ride
    e92, JZ20, RA24

Originally posted by Audi Kid
    dude.......im not gonna argue that racing in -30 weather when your tires barely have grip and there is ice on the side of the road.....................................its people like u "Oh the roads are fine to race la la la la" that have to stop but cant and fucking kill someone...

look here audi kid my buddy over here "+GoOdS+" is smart enough to know when he can drive his car hard and shit(racing) in this weather. I don't see where ppl like u go around on the internet calling ppl fucking stupid! Just by saying that to my friend you absoulutley don't know what you are talking about. you cannot judge on how icy the road conditions are without even being there yourself. My buddy is one of the best drivers i know and i know for a fact that he would not risk getting his car into a careless accident that could seriously injure someone.. and when i mean one of the best drivers i know i campare him to my cuzins pat, phil, and mike etc.
    In the future drop the fucking internet tuff guy act, and grow some balls you fucking queer!! u mess with my friend u mess with me

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by +AsiaN+

look here audi kid my buddy over here "+GoOdS+" is smart enough to know when he can drive his car hard and shit(racing) in this weather. I don't see where ppl like u go around on the internet calling ppl fucking stupid! Just by saying that to my friend you absoulutley don't know what you are talking about. you cannot judge on how icy the road conditions are without even being there yourself. My buddy is one of the best drivers i know and i know for a fact that he would not risk getting his car into a careless accident that could seriously injure someone.. and when i mean one of the best drivers i know i campare him to my cuzins pat, phil, and mike etc.
    In the future drop the fucking internet tuff guy act, and grow some balls you fucking queer!! u mess with my friend u mess with me

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

when i mean one of the best drivers i know i campare him to my cuzins pat, phil, and mike etc.
    Whoa.... He must be a really, really good driver if he's better than Pat, Phil, and Mike, etc.

My Ride
    335i

u mess with my friend u mess with me

Are you some kind of 15 year old kid or something? What exactly are you going to do if someone 'messes' with your friend on a website?

Your friend is a smart guy, it seems. I'm sure he can speak for himself.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    e92, JZ20, RA24

oh i didn't mean better than them but prolly good as them

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast