Quantcast
girls knowledge on cars - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: girls knowledge on cars

My Ride
    Civic . . .

Default girls knowledge on cars

ok i have a little beef, and it's just a little one because i know most girls know shit all about cars but k here goes.

Why is it when i go into a tunershop (not saying any names but it has happened at a couple here in town) and i'm not with a guy i'll get the i'm a stupid retard treatment. Why do they assume i know nothing about cars. Now i know the whole little innocent blonde thing makes it look that way but then when i ask a question and use car related terms, they either stare at my with amazment that i know anything at all, or they'll answer me like i'm in kindergarden with little words.

now i'm not saying i know everything about every single type make and model of car, but i'm an expert on my honda, why can't they just come to relize that i'm not a stupid little blonde girl wanting to make her car look all "pretty": and i actually know what i'm talking about.

Anyways I'm done now, if only you guys knew what it was like, maybe you do who knows
    never argue with idiots, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

i think there's just as many stupid guys who know nothing about cars than there are girls who know everything
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

anotehr thing i wanna add is that i think the stores have to account for the people that come in who want to do up their cars, but know nothing. like me for instance, i know enough to get by, but when people start talking compression and shit like that, i'm gonna need someone to lay it down in simple terms. i'd much rather have someone simplify it than have it go right over my head.

though i do understand how frustrating it can be for someone who knows something, and is having it explained to them in elementary terms.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

so just tell them you know whats up...spout some more numbers/jargon at them...theyll get the picture...
    Last edited by three.eighteen.; 03-10-2003 at 03:46 AM.

My Ride
    Highlander

Yeah girl, I know what you're talking about. I don't know how many times I've either been completely ignored, treated like a "silly girl" or assumed that I'm someone's girlfriend tagging along when I go out to shops and meets. I've even gotten the "what do you know, you're just a girl" treatment at some of the meets!

Now after about a year or so of fighting and learning ect, I have finally gotten my foot in the door in a couple places and people DO actually see me as having SOME knowledge . Hehe don't worry, as long as we keep rebelling and fighting back, we'll eventually be seen as real people in this in little male dominated world

Melinda

My Ride
    NC1

Sorry to hear but I guess that is just one of the stereotypes on females in the scene

Anyway, I know enough about suspension/bolt ons/bodykits (my specialty haha) to get by....when it comes to actual turbos, superchargers etc. I'm pretty clueless......

I guess you can say I am more into the aesthetics show side of the import scene.....
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

There are just as many moron guys out there.......I remember when I was in a certain tunershop awhile back, this dude wanted to get an aluminum spoiler on his 88 corolla sedan so he can add more downforce to the car LMAO He ran a 18 in 1/4mile and I remember this individual was told, hey buddy, just get a better car! haha Oh that was gold!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Dont' all girls just want LED hood squirters and neon lights?? oh yah and those little hello kitty things with those little bobbing head characters on their dashes??? hahahahaha

Ummmm....but yah, what exactly do you know about your car, and what could be done to your car? I'm curious!! Not trying to be a dick or anything.

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

Originally posted by LUDELVR
    Dont' all girls just want LED hood squirters and neon lights?? oh yah and those little hello kitty things with those little bobbing head characters on their dashes??? hahahahaha

Ummmm....but yah, what exactly do you know about your car, and what could be done to your car? I'm curious!! Not trying to be a dick or anything.

Don't you already HAVE all those things in your car already!

PS: he is a dick

My Ride
    Stock 240sx fastback SE

just gotta tell the homies whats up... tell um what you want... see how cheap you can get it.. do yo thang...make them drop they pants... and BAM... discounts... who cares about the fokers that work there.

My Ride
    2Look slk

Just curious, is your CRX yellow w/altezza's. I see one at the McDonald's near my house all the time.

My Ride
    Civic . . .

oh dear god, every time i see those LED squirters i want to break somthing and as for the hello kitty.... news flash i'm white

Anyways as for the car I have the usual bolt ons the intake i have reactive exsaust, short shifter, the altezza lights (gen II that i want to get rid of for jdm rear lights) lowered an inch and a half with eibach springs, and 17" motegi mr7's (gunsmoke metal goes really good with the yellow)

Plans for the summer i'm still undecided if i want to go for my kit and hood fenders etc. or an engine swap this year (b16a) but when i go into a shop that doesn't know me they don't even look twice to think i'm an actaul customer and it's annoying, oh well i'll just go spend my money somewhere they actually realize it
    never argue with idiots, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!

My Ride
    Civic . . .

ya girl racer i don't work there anymore i was a manager

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

I think the problems that you encounter in this scene in relation to how you are treated as a female thats into tuning, is partly because of your "colleagues", if you will. Most girls that are involved with cars in one way or another, generally have no idea what's going on. A lot of them are just there because their boyfriends are into it. Some are there for themselves, but just don't have the slightest idea of whats going on. Then there are the few females that DO know whats up when it comes to care.
    These are a rare breed.

I only know/have known one girl that knew what she was doing. She has a BAD ass E320. I've never seen an E-Class that looks better than hers. She's somewhat of a stuck up bitch, but hey thats her thing and that's cool.

It's like with Honda's. Most of the people who dislike Honda's/Honda owners, dislike them because the majority of Honda's/Honda owners, are riced out/ricers.

Same with girls in the scene. Most girls in the scene don't know wtf is going on. Then there are the few that do, just like there are some pretty bad ass Honda's out there.

Get what I mean?
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    1992 B18a

Man, I know i'm no woman but when people really show no respect for the women intell. It kinda makes me sick, i mean common "ladies first" genral rule to follow. You would be suprised at how much girls/women know when they're into the whole car scence.

As for the CRX, is that the same one that parks at swiss chalet?

Originally posted by Glowrider
    A lot of them are just there because their boyfriends are into it. Some are there for themselves, but just don't have the slightest idea of whats going on. Then there are the few females that DO know whats up when it comes to care.
    These are a rare breed.
    i first got "into" cars when i started dating MB three years ago...before i initially met him, my friends told me he drove a BMW and back then, being the ricer that i still am i thought to myself, "why is he driving an old person car? why doesn't he have a pimp ride like a civic si?" hahaha...

then, after countless hours spent at local tunershops and listening to Sam talk about cars non-stop...i have learned a lot about them, i'm still not an expert, Sam will still call me a ricer, *so what if i like bobble head hello kitty?* LOL...but i've learned to appreciate a well-modded car!

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

I think a lot of girls in the scene right now, are into it for the same reason that the ricers are into it. Because it's the "cool" thing to do right now. It doesn't matter if the car is ugly or not, if it's fast or not. As long as it's not stock, it's cool.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    Civic . . .

no you must be thinking of a differnet one

Originally posted by Glowrider
    I think a lot of girls in the scene right now, are into it for the same reason that the ricers are into it. Because it's the "cool" thing to do right now. It doesn't matter if the car is ugly or not, if it's fast or not. As long as it's not stock, it's cool.
    there are SO many little girls on CP saying how badly they want to be a street racer or dress themselves up like they are import models...hahaha! its all a part of growing up. it was the same in the 50's and 60's when building up muscle cars was in..and all the girls wanted to be the flag person who started the race? haha..i think i watch too much GREASE...

i think if i didn't meet Sam i wouldn't be into cars as much...and still be a shopaholic and do the usual "girlie" things...but cars are a big interest to him and its rubbed off on me...

My Ride
    Civic . . .

Originally posted by RSeXy

there are SO many little girls on CP saying how badly they want to be a street racer or dress themselves up like they are import models...hahaha! its all a part of growing up. it was the same in the 50's and 60's when building up muscle cars was in..and all the girls wanted to be the flag person who started the race? haha..i think i watch too much GREASE...
    hahaha those are the girls i can't stand ugh but if thats how they want to act than let them it's to bad that 99% of girls are thought of in this way

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast