Quantcast
Iran Sentences Rape Victim to Death by Hanging - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Iran Sentences Rape Victim to Death by Hanging

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

Converted? thats a lot more harder to believe. Immigration is a reason that makes more sense when it comes to growth in N.A.

But that is just N.A. You can't deny that the global growth rate of islam isn't due to high birth rate. Which is obvious in where islam is growing the fastest: illiterate, uneducated, third world countries.

Phy has a point. The gross numbers of muslims in N.A. are very low compared to christianity + other religions. So any increase will largely affect the growth rate in relation to their previous size. So yea, the grwoth rate in N.A. may actually be higher than other religions. But if u look the rate of growth in relation to time. I bet there are more christians added per day (or whatever unit of time u want) than islamics. So islam may be growing faster but the gap is still getting bigger.
    Correct it being the fastest growing religion in the world may be due to other countries and their birth rates. No denying that possibility.

Correct the gross number of Muslims in Canada is lower than Christians because, well Christians have had a longer existance on this continent.

The only part I disagree upon is that, I believe the gap is getting smaller, due to more immigration/converts.

^ i think the gap is actually getting smaller, thats why they say islam will be the biggest religion in the world quite soon

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by turbotrip
    ^ i think the gap is actually getting smaller, thats why they say islam will be the biggest religion in the world quite soon

Christianity: 2.1 billion

Islam: 1.3 billion

Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

Hinduism: 900 million

Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

Buddhism: 376 million

primal-indigenous: 300 million

African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

Sikhism: 23 million

Juche: 19 million

Spiritism: 15 million

Judaism: 14 million

Baha'i: 7 million

Jainism: 4.2 million

Shinto: 4 million

Cao Dai: 4 million

Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million

Tenrikyo: 2 million

Neo-Paganism: 1 million

Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand

Rastafarianism: 600 thousand

Scientology: 500 thousand
    In the world Christianity is still followed by almost twice as many as Islam, however in the U.S and Canada these numbers are much much smaller and in my opinion will never drasticaly change to the point to outgrow Christianity. Islam is followed by around 3% of the American population and 1.4% of the Canadian population. Some numbers have it as high as 3.7 in the U.S but most studies put out by Muslim organizations do not take into account those that have immigrated to the U.S and have subsequently abondoned their religion. Estimates of Christian followers in the U.S and Canada are 75-80%.

Just thought I would throw some actual numbers out there...

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

Intelligent people FTW.

My Ride
    06 B7 Quattro

just read this story, this a sad story of justice gone wrong in my opinion. In those particular regions, there is still lots of sexism which favors males. This just goes to show that there is progressive change that does need to take place around the world, however, we cannot simply go and say this is islamic law and the ways of the muslim faith. I feel its just people in power who are trying to hold on to outdated beliefs and are using religion as a shield to justify their actions, which is sad and unfortunate that this can still happen. This is just as bad as honor killings that also take place, but again, we can't just say this is how muslims are, because that is not the case, i'm sure in time change will occur in these parts of the world, its just unfortunate to see the lack of justice in these cases.

My Ride
    2000 323i

This is not the law, or the faith. It's government figures, abusing the general population's faith in the Islam religion. The government KNOWS that all they have to do is convince the country that this is "for Allah" or "for our faith" and they will have a LARGE majority of support in anything that they do. Do you think Osama Bin Laden honestly knows the faith 100%? I'm not even sure if he believes in it himself, BUT he definitely uses it to his advantage (he sure wasn't in one of the 9/11 planes, but he convinced Mohammed Atta and crew that they would be in a good eternal life if they go through with it). That is why I really like when government and religion are not closely tied. It creates opportunities like that.
    Mike

My Ride
    2004 Lotus Esprit

Iran sentences rape victim to death by hanging .... so fucking typical.

IRAN

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I summon you to bring threads back from the dead........ Oh wait, you just did that.....
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

damn you made me read the whole thing again, i thought this was recent

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7