Quantcast
USA's next target! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: USA's next target!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Default USA's next target!

So with Iran threatening to wipe Israel off the planet, do you think the US is going to invade them!

My Ride
    You Crazy

Well OF COURSE!!!

Bush and his Oil Buddies and Oil Family, and Oil MONEY need an excuse to cram oil to $100/barrel

My Ride
    Ol' Rusty Truck

Originally posted by Toma
    Well OF COURSE!!!

Bush and his Oil Buddies and Oil Family, and Oil MONEY need an excuse to cram oil to $100/barrel
    He doesn't need to go to war. Alberta will be happy to sell to them at $100/barrel imediately.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

I think Israel will hit them first..
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

If Iran tries anything then yes, otherwise no. Although many here would take great pleasure in the destruction of Israel.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Default Re: USA's next target!

Originally posted by msommers
    So with Iran threatening to wipe Israel off the planet, do you think the US is going to invade them!
    When someone hates you that much, a preemtive strike is justified. Drop a few neutron bombs and spare everyone the drama and expense of another occupation.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    Ol' Rusty Truck

I enjoyed that theory that this has more to do with Iran starting a stock exchange that trades oil in Euros instead of US dollars....the 'great empire' can't impose it's tax on the world if people dont trade in US dollars

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 06:18 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

hahaha that is so funny. Reminds me of the Daily Show last night when Rumpsfeld was shown as saying it is all jibber jabber about going to Iraq and then shown saying the exact thing when asked about Iran. Man I love the daily show

Originally posted by Alex_FORD
    I enjoyed that theory that this has more to do with Iran starting a stock exchange that trades oil in Euros instead of US dollars....the 'great empire' can't impose it's tax on the world if people dont trade in US dollars
    I can't help but agree with you... not only can the US not impose taxes, trade that doesn't encompass the USD ultimately leads to an increasing decline in the dominance of the currency and ultimately its depreciation. Never a good thing for a state that has a current account deficit making up 6.21% of its GDP and needs to find funds while attempting to maintain world dominance.

I think the real risk to the U.S. goes beyond the oil markets switching to Euros. As much as that will destabilise the US Dollar as the dominant stable currency, there are two markets that are also U.S. Dollar dominated that would have as much or even a greater effect if they also went to Euros:

1. Weapons - its a U.S. Dollar trade in weapons throughout the world, for the same reason that oil is, and its a multi-billion dollar business. Much of it is in cash too.

2. Drugs. The trade in drugs worldwide is also conducted in U.S. Dollars and it is conducted largely in cash. Billions of Dollars in cash. If the drug trade abandoned Dollars for Euros, there would be a mass dumping of cash U.S. dollars into markets. American Peso, anyone? The dollar would depreciate in value like a silk thong on a hobo. The Japanese apparently keep an 'economic bomb' of sorts in reserves; about a billion or so in U.S. cash Dollars for just this purpose.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by BlueGoblin
    The Japanese apparently keep an 'economic bomb' of sorts in reserves; about a billion or so in U.S. cash Dollars for just this purpose.
    The Chinese have hundreds of billions stored away, but it's more for keeping their own currency down for export advantages than a weapon. Flooding that money would screw them both.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    “This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous...Having said that, all options are on the table.”
    – President George W. Bush, February 2005
    Classic.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    You Crazy

Uhm.....

China and Japan are the two largest owners of foreign reserves and are currently sitting on $262 and $650 billion, respectively, mostly in U.S. dollars.

The U.S. owes a cumulative $2.1 trillion to the nine largest countries in Asia. To put that into perspective, Saudi Arabia, the worldÂ’s largest oil exporter, only holds $159 billion of U.S. debt.

AsiaÂ’s largest nations, especially Japan and China, have effectively been transformed into AmericaÂ’s biggest bankers.

Now you think about that.... and its implications. And Bush and the "World" are trying to dictate monetary policy to China??

My Ride
    You Crazy

As a long term investor.... the following maybe VERY important to you.... if you have been following the markets at all.....

This week, China’s President Hu Jintao is making his first official visit to the U.S. and is scheduled to meet with President Bush at the White House on Thursday.

On the surface, he’s coming to ease anxiety over China’s growing economic clout and “help Americans understand China’s policy of seeking sustainable development and peaceful growth.”

That’s why China recently placed a $5 billion order for 80 Boeing jets ... removed the ban on U.S. beef imports ... and promised to crack down on rampant product piracy.

Meanwhile, President Bush and Treasury Secretary Snow also have an agenda: They figure the last thing our economy can afford right now is for the Chinese to stop buying our Treasuries and stop helping us to finance our $2-billion-per-day trade deficit.

So you can bet that our president and his pals are just as anxious about Hu’s visit as my parents were about their banker’s visit.

Forget the White House.
    Show Me Microsoft,
    Starbucks, and Boeing!

I’m not overly worried. China wants our dollars just as bad as we want them to buy them.

Instead, what interests me the most about Hu’s trip is what he’s doing prior to his White House visit.

His first stop — in Seattle — isn’t to meet with President Bush. It’s to enjoy dinner at the lakeside home of Bill Gates, pow-wow with Howard Schultz of Starbucks, and tour Boeing’s jetliner factory.

I think it is very telling that Jintao is going to visit the largest software company in the world, the largest airplane company in the world, and one of the most visible retail companies.

It is almost as if Hu and his entourage are on a shopping expedition to figure out what to do with their fast-growing hoard of U.S. dollars. Could it be a repeat of the 1980s when a cash-flush Japan went on a shopping spree and bought American landmarks like Rockefeller Center and Pebble Beach Golf & Country Club?

My Ride
    2004 Lotus Esprit

So what if Iran starting a stock exchange that doesn't deal in US dollars is the 'real' reason for eventually invading/bombing Iran. They should implant a bullet into Ahmadinejad's head via. high-power rifle!