Quantcast
Sl 55 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sl 55

Default Sl 55

I saw an SL 55 on the road the other day, its a really nice car but for me I probably would choose the SL 600 over the SL 55. V12 (SL 600) over a V8 (SL 55).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Why? The SL55 is faster, sportier suspension tune, and cheaper. Damn fun car.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Mainly prestige and the engine only comes in the S, CL, SL unlike the E Class for the 55. There is something about the V12 too. Not many cars have a V12 now, but alot have V8's. The SL 600 is the most expensive benz and the price difference I am not sure but probably is around 25G (not that much considering the price of the cars), not to mention that it is easier to get an SL 600. Currently it is impossible to get an SL 55. For me I probably would choose the SL 600, just personal preference but the I would probably have more fun in the SL 55. Anyways this cars for me are too expensive, I would rather have a ML 500 (driving it during the winter) and a 911 C2 (in the summertime).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Well I was curious cuz the SL55 and the SL600 caters to 2 different crowds (SL55 being sportier, SL600 being more bling). Of course the best of both worlds is coming as well, SL62 AMG, V12 motor with a whopping 600hp and 700tq.

Not that I can afford either hehe.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

BTW - off topic... you should winter your Porsche. It's sooo much fun. Light drifts down every street, I can't wipe the grin off my face everytime I go driving.

My Ride
    Probe

What the hell... 700 pounds of torque, with street tires on... just because rich guys are the only ones to buy these damn things doesnt mean they wont go side ways every time they push the gas.
    Rage please tell me they got some super teched out tranny that only puts about 350tq to the wheels or else I dont see how it will move for the first 5 mintues of punching it

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Bosch ESP (PSM, DSC, all the same thing). ESP Traction control rocks. Floor it and it'll get (almost) the best traction/launch possible using brakes, throttle lift (drive by wire), etc.

My Ride
    Probe

Damn rich people
    So unless you are on the highway going 150 km... I am pretty sure if you floored it, you would never see that 700lbs/tq

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You'll probably get wheelspin at 150km/h lol!

Originally posted by rage2
    BTW - off topic... you should winter your Porsche. It's sooo much fun. Light drifts down every street, I can't wipe the grin off my face everytime I go driving.
    I should be driving my porsche in the winter but my parents have this thing about how dangerous it is to drive it during the winter. They never drive their S500 in the winter that much either, paranoid about traction since it is rear wheel drive. They really should buy winter tires for it though. I feel its such a waste of money, but that is life. Anyways I drive a nice car during the winter now, so I don't miss my porsche as much. This winter has been so nice I wish I stored my car in my garage (so I could drive it once in a while during this nice winter) but there isn't room in the garage because I still live with my parents (3 car garage).

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

Originally posted by rage2
    Well I was curious cuz the SL55 and the SL600 caters to 2 different crowds (SL55 being sportier, SL600 being more bling). Of course the best of both worlds is coming as well, SL62 AMG, V12 motor with a whopping 600hp and 700tq.

Not that I can afford either hehe.
    when's the SL62 coming out? sounds awesome! mercedes is making huge improvements.

My Ride
    W220, W220, R171 AMG, W203 AMG

Originally posted by Chu

I should be driving my porsche in the winter but my parents have this thing about how dangerous it is to drive it during the winter. They never drive their S500 in the winter that much either, paranoid about traction since it is rear wheel drive. They really should buy winter tires for it though. I feel its such a waste of money, but that is life. Anyways I drive a nice car during the winter now, so I don't miss my porsche as much. This winter has been so nice I wish I stored my car in my garage (so I could drive it once in a while during this nice winter) but there isn't room in the garage because I still live with my parents (3 car garage).
    Tell them to get the S 500 4Matic. No more traction problems then.

Originally posted by Chu

Life's a bitch eh?

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Originally posted by LancerShelby

Life's a bitch eh?
    No doubt!!

My Ride
    Corolla

m@+CH Guest

sl 500 is the model i'm more familiar with
    isn't the 55 an amg model???
    AMG55 thats a swt car ..why bother with the 4 xtra cylinders
    its nice enough haha
    its not l;ike u have the xtra money 2 get yourself a sl anythgin

worry about gettin a mercedes b4 u worry about choosing between a v12 and a v8

m@+CH Guest

haha
    chu my bad!
    just read your post...haha let me guess ..you're chinese !! haha
    anyways i'm too so don't take offense in my last post
    for the money i woudl say the amg is more worth while getting
    being rich is such a hard job ehh?? haha
    stick with the porsche...awd in the snow ..can't go wrong

Personally I would buy the SL 500 over the 55 and the 600. My comment is if you were going to buy an 55 why not buy the 600. It is a V12 compared to a V8, its just my opinion though.

I am chinese and I know am really lucky and grateful for what I have.

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Yeah, the new SL's are really nice cars. I haven't come across a real SL55 yet, just SL500's, some with AMG badging.

Why turn a perfectly respectable car into a mockery by badging it as something it's obviously not? I dunno...
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Glowrider
    Why turn a perfectly respectable car into a mockery by badging it as something it's obviously not? I dunno...
    Hey man, I take offense to that... my last car was a Ricer SLK 320 "AMG"!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast