Quantcast
BC's healthcare plan in action - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: BC's healthcare plan in action

My Ride
    Ol' Rusty Truck

Default BC's healthcare plan in action

Ok, so everyone knows that we have to do something about healthcare,right? Well, check out what the BC liberals are doing to the area around east kootenays.

You anounce closures of medical facilities:
    Elkford's emergency clinic: closed
    Sparwood's Hospital:closed
    then you steal the medical equipment, most of it from community fundraisers over many decades, and you ship the equipment to the fraser valley along with the 22.7 million dollars of surplus medical taxes that come out of the area, and gets spent elswhere.

To further centralize healthcare,
    Ferne gets a reduction in beds and restrictions that iliminate certain types of operations, and these services get bumped to Cranbrook. Then you screw up the buracracy and supply chain and fustrate the workers for Fernie so bad, that a percentage of the Staff and doctors gets pissed off and quits to work somewhere else.They aren't replaced.

Meanwhile, ems dispatch is moved to Cranbrook...

So this happened to a friend in Elkford: if you live in Elkford and your daughter needs emergency care, you have to call Cranbrook, who dispatches an ambulance from Fernie that has to drive close to 1 hr to get to Elkford, and pick up your daughter to take her back to Fernie because both Elkford and Sparwood are closed.

So, now, what do we have? All major procedures are done in Cranbrook. Good deal for Cranbrook, right? Wrong. Cranbrook has 83 year old women lying on a stretcher in the emergency ward for 4 days before they can get a room( in fact when I was there in January, there wasn't room for emergency patients because there was too many patients in emergency waiting for rooms)

But, wait, didn't someone mention that Cranbrook has a big new expansion under way? Yes that is true, but it is also true that this expension is NOT going to add 1 bed to their hospital.
    Last edited by Alex_FORD; 03-08-2006 at 12:28 AM.

My Ride
    335i

Health care in this country cannot be sustained for much longer.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    02 RSX Type-s

and what do you guys think if they have a privatized health care plan?

to me it would be good for those who can afford and would cut down waiting times. but on the downside, those doctors not working at private clinics wouldnt be making as much as those who would be running a private clinic. yeah they make enough anyways but it could just start a dispute between doctors and i really dont think thats what we need. so im all for starting up a new plan that does cut down times in waiting rooms but also doesnt help the doctors get richer........we can only wait and see what happens with this whole thing.

^^ i think thats bulshit. so if your daughter was critically injured or sick you have to wait 2+ hours to get to a hospital or emergancy clinic...... lol i find that retardly stupid. but again thats why i didnt vote liberals.
    Originally posted by DeeK
    Fat girls need love too, they just have to pay for it.

Honestly, what's the big deal about Joe walking into a clinic and paying for his surgery? Some people are so freaking backwards in this country when it comes to HC.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Cost of healthcare is skyrocketing due to aging population and new techs that while keeping people alive, ain't cheap.

I'm all for private health care with doctors deciding which side they want to play. But regulate it so that only so many private practice can exist within a certain population.

Originally posted by l8braker
    Honestly, what's the big deal about Joe walking into a clinic and paying for his surgery? Some people are so freaking backwards in this country when it comes to HC.
    Well for one, this is exactly how it works in the US, and many people cannot afford health insurance and get screwed. People are afraid that making the Klein changes is just a slippery slope.

This is partly why the US has a lower life expectancy than us, a lower standard of living, and a lower quality of life.

I for one think we need to find a happy medium.

Originally posted by khtm

Well for one, this is exactly how it works in the US, and many people cannot afford health insurance and get screwed. People are afraid that making the Klein changes is just a slippery slope.

This is partly why the US has a lower life expectancy than us, a lower standard of living, and a lower quality of life.

I for one think we need to find a happy medium.
    I agree, I was commenting moreso about the people who are against that completely and stay public 100%. Those who cannot afford it can still get what they need in the public system.

^ Gotcha...my bad!
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    02 RSX Type-s

^^^ yeah thats what i dont understand why people are complaining, it doesnt affect anybody but those who can afford to get attention right away.....people are bithing about waiting rooms and how they are always full, not enough beds.....this is one way that i think it will help out those two major concerns that most people have. a medium is something i hope to see in the future, i would hate to have to become like the US where the people that need care dont get it unless they have money...

the way i see it is people are paying outta their OWN pocket to get care. whats the problem with that???

what i think would be a good solution is, change lets say 20-30% of clinics in Canada to privatized or even a less percentage, i really dont think that would cause that big or a problem.
    Originally posted by DeeK
    Fat girls need love too, they just have to pay for it.

My Ride
    Bicycle

People are complaining because:

1) 2 tier WILL create a system where quality of care differs between private and public where the better physicians will rather work in private system and leave the marginal ones in the public system. The fact is that this has already happened. Most speicalists has very close tie to private sector (pharmasuticals) which tend to be more lucrative.

2) People want to be equal. They are scared that people with money will better care while poor ones get ignored.

3) Klein said 1/2 the money goes to health care. Klein take ~$10K from me every year. If I do choose to go private, does that mean Klein will refund me the $5K? Why am I getting charge for something I can't use?

My Ride
    Ol' Rusty Truck

Originally posted by nadroj23
    and what do you guys think if they have a privatized health care plan?

to me it would be good for those who can afford and would cut down waiting times. but on the downside, those doctors not working at private clinics wouldnt be making as much as those who would be running a private clinic. yeah they make enough anyways but it could just start a dispute between doctors and i really dont think thats what we need. so im all for starting up a new plan that does cut down times in waiting rooms but also doesnt help the doctors get richer........we can only wait and see what happens with this whole thing.

^^ i think thats bulshit. so if your daughter was critically injured or sick you have to wait 2+ hours to get to a hospital or emergancy clinic...... lol i find that retardly stupid. but again thats why i didnt vote liberals.
    If I lived in Sparwood or Elkford and something happened to my son, I would put on my hazards and do 120 all the way to Fernie, and if the cops tried to pull me over, they would have to shoot out my tires.

My Ride
    '07 Mustang/'05 R6 Raven

Originally posted by Alex_FORD

If I lived in Sparwood or Elkford and something happened to my son, I would put on my hazards and do 120 all the way to Fernie, and if the cops tried to pull me over, they would have to shoot out my tires.
    only 120??? man you must really not like your son!
    Epicoque Racing